• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to report ProfessorLord for his attitude on the Persona 5 Downgrade thread he made.

He's been continuously snarky, taking jabs at every turn, and refusing to accept that the opinion of literally everyone on the thread differs from his own nearly 200 posts in. As well as ignoring other's arguments so he can act like they haven't had any argument. On top of going on chat to demand I apologize for a claim I made and pulling the thread discussion there just to respond with "Nope, you haven't proven nothin!".

A good chunk of the thread is motivated purely by personal incredulity, with him saying that the profiles are wrong because he doesn't believe the characters are stronger than Superma. And when I pointed out that at 148 posts in, we were going in circles as we had proven the feats scaled to AP many times over he responded with "I can do what I want this is my thread!" and accused me of being "slimey and dishonest" while also denying that I had done any arguments.

The thread's opening post has him calling the profiles "wank" and he goes to call people wankers multiple times, but when people say he's downplaying he gets outright mad and exaggerates it, only for later say that people are twisting facts and arguments instead of responding them directly. He also got mad when people changed their mind and stopped agreeing with him.

The thread's almost been derailed completely multiple times into nothing but insult throwing and mostly because of his attitude.

Well, I suppose that you can give him a strict warning to shape up then. However, he has usually been a well-behaved productive member by my experience, so I don't think that anything more is warranted.

It's not a matter of personal beef. If it was I wouldn't have received support to do the report from others.

It's a blatant case of a nasty attitude bringing a thread down, due to someone feeling entitled to never concede.

No, this is pure beef. At most he should receive a nice ol' small warning for participating on an insult fight that got perpetuated by several people, including you.

Well, maybe a regular instruction on his message wall that he has to make an effort to be more polite and reasonable then?

Me, Dragon, Sera, etc. were all asking for insults to stop and wanting a more levelheaded discussion. Multiple times Kep.

Antvasima said:
Well, maybe a regular instruction on his message wall that he has to make an effort to be more polite and reasonable then?
A warning / instruction on his wall. Yes. He's not a troll or a bad person but the attitude on that thread was being an issue.

A quick ctrl+f tells me that Kep has a point, maybe its best this just gets dropped @Matt

Well, insults should be avoided in this wiki, and there are limits to how unreasonable people should be as well.

ProfessorLord iirc, is generally fairly polite, but some of the comments do sound like he's really annoying; though not super hostile. I can definitely agree that no ban is needed, but a polite warning would be good; we may get more strict if he doesn't comply though.

The only violation that can be maybe worthy of this thread here is when he says this. And it's a small offense.

The entire thread turned into an insult fight, from both sides. Trying to shift the entire blame on ProfessorLord is unfair, not to say worse. ProfessorLord was slightly aggressive at best. This is small warning worthy.

I may not have much authority to talk here, but like the others have said, this seems like a slight aggressiveness problem that looks ripe for ballooning outwards into something worse. All parties involved should preferably drop it before that happens.

This... really isn't the first offense for Professor, though. Before he said all staff were... well, I won't exact quote, but it was essentially calling staff cowards in a rude way. And we brushed it under the rug after saying "well he's changed so it's all good".

I've also sent Dragon a screenshot of him insulting someone in chat.

He hasn't changed. So I agree something should be done at this point.

@Mr. Bambu not sure how I feel about using stuff before he's changed (Like, if we used the history of the members on that thread and participated as well, we might as well start banning a few notable members), espically when the current incident was only continued by both sides and Kep showed us the only offense in the thread that deserved anything, and it was a warning at best. Can you link it here?

@Matt that seems like a gross exageration to ban him.

I'm against a ban personally. His recent actions hold no correlation to his previous quote about staff, which occured several months before it was even reported the first time.

The recent events seem to be fueled more by his own annoyance and temper, which granted he could probably learn to control a bit better but he's far from the only one guilty of this.

That said, I think the recent events deserve a warning for him to better contain his attitude.

@Somebody My point is that he didn't change. And I can try to dig it up, it's on one of the older threads.

Instance One

Instance Two

And these are just what I've bothered to screencap. He's consistently like this.

@Bambu

That first quote is literally the same one I just addressed, and the 2nd is more likely an out of context joke than anything.

Edwellken said:
@Bambu
That first quote is literally the same one I just addressed, and the 2nd is more likely an out of context joke than anything.
The second was directed at me, actually, after I mentioned I didn't really care for the word. Despite my attempts to make peace with him, Professor really is not a fan of me.

Sorry then. That probably should have been clarified or included in the screenshot but I guess it's understandable. Anyway, I'll stop posting here since I've made my general stance clear.

@Mr. BambuThe first one is from months ago back before he changed.

EDIT: I see

Like I said, I too can bring up events here, and not to call out Matt, but using him as an example, I could bring up his past and say he hasn't changed as well and use a few more than just one quote from that thread alone as evidence.

Saying "before he changed" is inaccurate. Because while these are older (not terribly old, but still), he clearly hasn't had any lapse of activity exactly like this. He's still pulling the same offenses. And I'll admit, singularly, they are not worthy of much more than a slap on the wrist or a warning. But how many warnings and slaps does it take to say "he clearly doesn't get it"?

If your example of the "same offenses" is what happened on the thread, again, that's not the best example here.

It takes a lot. Because if we are supposed to react like some people are suggesting to singular occasions, every single admin would have already been demoted because of bad behavior, perpetuating fights, and etc.

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Kaltias

Thoughts on the repeated showings pointed out as well?
I quite frankly think that neither side is trying to drop the discussion, which is what should be done in a debate getting out of hand.

It's not his fault specifically

Kepekley23 said:
It takes a lot. Because if we are supposed to react like some people are suggesting to singular occasions, every single admin would have already been demoted because of bad behavior, perpetuating fights, and etc.
Key word here is singular occasions. This is not, in fact, a singular occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back