• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried to give him instructions, but would appreciate further help with this, as I am not well informed regarding the issue.

From what I can see, this member hasn't changed stats or anything. They've simply been going around adding categories and abilities. I can't comment on the accuracy of the latter as I am not familiar with the verses in question.

He didn't edit the stats, yes.

Maybe a warning should do this time? The last official one was made by Darkanine several months ago.

I agree with Soldier Blue.

RebubleUselet said:
Antvasima said:
What kind of edits?
Adding powers & abilities that are based on visuals and game mechanics, putting false information into profiles (ex. DMC Nero), etc.
False information? Aren't we already clear regarding Nero's edits? you accepted those, yet you reported me like it was some kind of a very bad behaviour, you could have argued with me back then and I will gladly hear it.

and yeah, I don't have any intentions to vandal any pages here, but okay I will be more careful to not hurting or create more misunderstanding with the other member here. Thank you.

I was referring to your edits on his character and Devil Bringer shenanigans.

But we shouldn't talk about this here.

Perhaps this is a good time to ask that our lovely members be careful with what they say. Even when quoting others? I'm not a fan of this overly sensitive culture (it starts to distort one's ability to express oneself clearly, let alone freedom of speech), but it's as they say... "better to be safe than sorry".

What did he say that got him banned? I don't wanna say what he said.

Apparently it's because he quoted what Kami Yasha said regarding Dragon iirc. Just don't quote racial slurs, I suppose.

Well, I have been told that Kepekley was banned for quoting a Discord member's offensive opinion word-by-word. This included using the n-word.

I am trying to tell them that this is not at all representative of his own opinion, that he has gone far above and beyond what can reasonably be expected of him to help this community, and that they should please reconsider and show mercy in this case, but have not received another reply yet.

Anyway, I think that ignoring the context, intent, and personal background is extremely dangerous for Fandom as a whole, as it creates an environment of fear to say anything wrong whatsoever, no matter how hard you have worked to help out.

I'm glad you pointed out that last part, Ant. It doesn't matter if he contributed or not in this case. Saying that quoting a racial slur makes you racist is like saying every American History teacher who has read a historical document aloud is racist.

That is an astronomically idiotic statement and honestly if Kep's ban isn't reversed I'm done. I don't want to support a platform that is stupid to the point that they say context doesn't matter.

I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment about that context matters, but really hope that you won't quit the wiki. I really need your help to keep it running.

It should be noted that bots aren't quite as smart as the actual people managing it. Bots are programmed to take action when they see just one out of context word. I'm sure Kep's block will be lifted before too long like ALRF's or Iapitus's were. Also, I don't even remember him actually saying the N word out loud, but it's just a quote as is the mental illness slur.

Still this isn't a chat thread. I agree that Fandom should lighten up their standards, but we still need to be extra careful regarding what we post or upload directly to Fandom. The complaints should preferably be taken up to Fandom themselves.

Yes, despite being extremely worried about the situation, I would prefer if we do not talk about this subject further here.

It isn't a bot block. It's a manual Staff member block. I don't want to discuss too much of this as per Ant's advisory, but I don't want this misinformation to spread.

"Do not derail the Rule Violation Threads with irrelevant nonsense or internal disputes. It is solely for making serious, warranted reports of violations of the Site, Discussion, and Editing Rules, and not for discussion or side comments. Such posts should preferably be removed by the staff, and if a member continues to derail after being repeatedly told to stop, this will result in a temporary ban."

People are really oblivious.

I would suggest not arguing about it, as it really does little good in the end, just spreads toxicity more.

I'm merely voicing my opinion. If I seem smug, its because I am. But that shouldn't negate my ability to speak out. Aren't we all currently going through a "free speech" crisis? Would tone policing really be something you want?

I feel that while CynicalWeeaboo can act a bit sassy, he hasn't done anything banworthy. I also think there have been some good points he's made and that we need some criticism to improve and not remain in a bubble.

True, but there is a need to maintain balance as well. Just try and be a bit less smug about it and a bit more factual, that's all.

Ryukama said:
I feel that while CynicalWeeaboo can act a bit sassy, he hasn't done anything banworthy. I also think there have been some good points he's made and that we need some criticism to improve and not remain in a bubble.
Agreed.

I would also like to say I was not advertising a ban, just a minor nudge for those who feel the same, that's all. Criticism is good, just so long as it doesn't devolve into argument.

Please don't be offended by this, but you could have easily resolved this matter with him on his message wall. There's too much stress around (I'm stressed just reading this stuff and I have no clue what happened), and this thread has become way too displaced from its purpose.

Good point. I didn't want to make it seem like it was personal though, or to offend him either. Though if it's better to delete these messages, that is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back