• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Crop

No, but the sites themselves are **** sites and autoplay **** ads. It is basically born, but I can understand a ban shortening.

If y'all think it is OK to lower to drop the ban in favor of a warning, that is fine.

Edit: Here has messaged me here. It seems he was genuinely innocent and was merely ignorant of the content being against policy. With this new info I am OK with removing the ban outright in favor of a warning.

Okay. I will remove the ban. You can give him a warning explanation on his message wall.

Hello guys. Mckmal has contacted me, because he believes I'm someone else.

This idiot is asking me to upload **** with the staff names. What should we do?

Mckmal2

Yes, he and the original **** uploader have been trying to contact other banned members for a while to organise them against us.

Antvasima said:
Yes, he and the original **** uploader have been trying to contact other banned members for a while to organise them against us.
I see. This is a troublesome combination. We may need to contact the top tier staff members to deal with this situation.

It is possible for the Fandom staff to use range IP blocks for the VPNs that he uses, but so far they have been reluctant to do so, as it might affect lots of innocent users.

As I mentioned, they are evaluating how to handle this though.

Well, they would have to permanently block all of the VPN ranges that he uses as well, and he claims to use 7 different proxies.

Antvasima said:
Well, they would have to permanently block all of the VPN ranges that he uses as well, and he claims to use 7 different proxies.
(Feel free to delete this if it's too off-topic). "7 proxies" is a meme from a decade ago. I wouldn't take that claim too seriously.

Part of the joke is that stacking proxies doesn't really do much.

Okay. We should probably drop this discussion though.

Antvasima said:
It is possible for the Fandom staff to use range IP blocks for the VPNs that he uses, but so far they have been reluctant to do so, as it might affect lots of innocent users.
As I mentioned, they are evaluating how to handle this though.
What about banning his email?

1. Banning his email won't help. He needs a new email for each account anyway, and emails are easy to get.

2. Google couldn't do anything about it.

3. There isn't a Global Law Enforcement. There is interpol, but they only tackle extreme crimes which are globally recognized, such as child ****. Absolutely no government organization would have an interest in blocking Mckmal from using the internet over what he's done here.

The only options I see are keep banning his socks until he gets bored/grows up, or waiting for Fandom to do something.

Reporting LordXcano.

While I know he has good intentions, the way he has carried those intentions out are unacceptable and disrespectful. Please refer to this thread as reference.

Since his retirement the majority of his posts have been baiting at best and outright trolling at worst. His continual ridiculing of VSBW as a whole shows that he is interested in little more than stirring flame and controversy at this point in time.

He links posts that are exclusively exaggerated rants with little semblance of logic and reason, and appeals to his own interpretation as law, despite the glaring flaws in them. Furthermore, he did not diplomatically or constructively bring these issues forward in a well-structure thread, he made a series of "VSBW Sucks at Everything" posts in the r/characterrant subreddit.

He has shown no sign of reluctance or regard for any other members' opinions or reasoning. His mind is made up and he is the opposite of constructive. It's time for this to stop.

@RegisNex

If he actually brought things up in a constructive way and didn't basically go "everything you do is wrong and you suck at everything" I think I'd hear him out. But this has been going on for a while and I don't see it getting better.

Sorry if you think this is a witch hunt, but I think his above comment proves the point. If he actually cared he'd agree to tone it down and, calmly and collectedly, write up his grievances and how he thinks we can improve while biting his tongue on what no one agrees with him on. We all have disagreements but he is a consistently toxic and confrontational presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back