• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Please report any rule violations in this thread. Notifying us of such incidents is highly appreciated.

Additionally, kindly report any sockpuppets that you come across.

Only report violations regarding the wiki rules. False reports due to personal vendettas are unacceptable.

Also, this thread should be for reporting actual rule-breaking, not every single little disagreement.

In cases of extreme vandalism or trolling, you can report the accounts at the VSTF wiki.

If blocked members create sockpuppet accounts to circumvent their block repetitively, or several are created at almost the same time, you may contact the Fandom Staff, to politely request permanent range IP blocks.

You can also find specific users with the Search Function by typing with the format: "User:Username"

Here is a useful page for discovering sockpuppet accounts: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Log/newusers

Notes:

All staff members, kindly follow and bookmark this thread.

Remember to inform members via their message walls if that you have reported them here, in case they have performed severe enough rule-violations to risk being blocked. However, this should only be used in uncertain cases, not if they have done something instantly ban worthy, or if their offenses are minor.

It is against the Fandom rules to upload any offensive images to the wiki, so in order to show screencapture evidence of extremely bad behaviour, you must use external sites, such as Gyazo or Imgur, in order to not get globally banned yourself by the higher-ups:

https://gyazo.com

https://imgur.com/

https://imageshack.us

Do not derail the Rule Violation Threads with irrelevant nonsense or internal disputes. It is solely for making serious, warranted reports of violations of the Site, Discussio, and Editing Rules, and not for discussion or side comments. Such posts should preferably be removed by the staff, and if a member continues to derail after being repeatedly told to stop, this will result in a temporary ban.

No, they were just commentary on the previous threads which isn't allowed, as the last rule states this thread is only to report rule violations and not for general discussion.

And I know this isn't reporting a rule violation either, but I think it'd be good to have a comment serving as a reminder or people will have no idea why comments are getting deleted.

@Jobbo

The first post explains this.

I'm aware, I mentioned that it was the last rule in my previous post, but some people skip directly to the comments and wouldn't know about it.

I agree with Promestein. We don't know what people look like in real life, so the n-word is forbidden for everybody to use.

Look, I don't like excessive political correctness either, but:

A: That particular word is connected to genuine racism and slavery.

B: We have to try to keep tensions down to work as a community. This is explained at the bottom of our Site Rules page.

Anyway, we should stop this discussion. This is not remotely the right place for it.

Well, it is different in certain western countries. Here the PC culture has turned all-encompassing and completely insane. It is fascism disguised as politeness, as George Carlin said, but I agree about that we should avoid an argument.

Please stop talking about him, report his socks on an Admin's message walls, but this isn't a chat thread at all. Report the socks to VSTF while you're at it also.

It is better to report his sockpuppets to the Fandom staff. They have more resources to do something about it.

Anyone here to block this guy?

Soldier Blue said:
I contacted Fandom about these socks and also about that fool who posted **** on my wall the other day. They say they'll give a permanent global ban.
I think telling them to perma ban his email globally would be better.

So what should we do about Gouketsu1000?

Okay. I did not know that. Weekly has banned him though.

Weekly accidentally gave him a chat block instead.

I fixed the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back