• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, I do not even remember specifically what his suggested changes were anymore. If they are more reasonable and limited, I suppose that we might be able to deal with them if other competent staff members are willing to put in the hard work. If they are about revising our tiering system I am extremely reluctant though.

Well I do not know the details about what revisions he's proposing, but he claimed bureaucrats agreed with him but didn't want "a lot of work".

@Matthew

Let's wait with the banning please. Maybe he is willing to shape up.

@Ant

Things on the level of:

• Revise the entire Tiering System
  • Reject / remake every single calculation
  • Change a huge amount of basic VsDebating Concepts like Reality Warping / Creation / Weather / Anything that isn't direct destruction Feats
Not things which are actually reasonable. More like suggestions to unmake the wiki.

He still hasn't responded so I think we should wait before we just start swinging banhammers. If people agreed with him, then I think he should get a chance to straighten out his behavior and help with the revisions he suggested.

@Ant I'm sorry but considering he made an entire thread about how you and the other beurocrats are unfit to run the wiki and should step down from your positions, and since then his behavior has been consistenty toxic both inside and outside the wiki, i doubt he will be changing his attitude any time soon

@Matthew

I do not think that his suggestions are remotely reasonable or realistic to apply then, no.

@UMR/GV

We should preferably focus on that part, yes. If he is willing to stop causing problems for us, here and outside of the wiki, I think that he can stay. However, he also has to accept that there are limits to how much the staff can do.

I gotta ask, one of my friend told me VBW actually gone through a massive revision before when the dimensional tiering system is accepted. Cant we do that again ? Just ask this out of curiosity. To be honest, i prefer the wiki to stay like this :p

I was in a very forgiving mood today, so I was willing to give the guy a chance. But I've heard more than enough from others that a ban is probably for the better.

Anyway, this is the wrong place to talk about wiki revisions, especially massive and unreasonable ones.

Clockwork Cookies said:
I gotta ask, one of my friend told me VBW actually gone through a massive revision before when the dimensional tiering system is accepted. Cant we do that again ? Just ask this out of curiosity. To be honest, i prefer the wiki to stay like this :p
This was due to the fact that the system beforehand basically didn't even really exist and that there were little to no standards on what constituted what tier when getting into things that classify as modern-day Tier 2 and above.

Yeah if what Matthew is saying is true it seems that he's trying to propose unreasonable and unneeded revisions. A ban is probably for the better.

@LordXcano

Okay. This includes to not systematically attack us anymore outside of the wiki though. If that is fine with you, I suppose that you can stay, unless you start trouble again.

I am already very overworked and stressed out about other problems though, so my committment to additional PM conversations is limited.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I still find whatever is going on incredibly naive and would only be counter-productive in the longrun.
He was a productive member beforehand, right? And staff are now open to widespread changes if they're useful (not to comment on how open staff were before, but he perceived them as not being willing at all, while now staff are openly pushing for widespread revisions).

I think there's a good enough chance of things working out that it isn't naive.

Also, take note that this is your final chance, and that demanding unreasonable massive changes in public counts as causing problems in your case, given your background.

For reasons already expressed by Assaltwaffle, Everlasting, myself, Darkanine and other Staff Members. A lot of the people going "Give him a chance" are pretty new to the wiki, probably never even seen him until now.

They won't know that he's made multiple Troll threads. They won't know that he's responsible for the biggest shitstorm in the history of the wiki. They won't know the numerous posts on Reddit against VSBW as a whole. They won't know that some of this' been happening for over a year now.

It's basically "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me".

Yeah no im sorry but i wholeheartedly agree with Matt here, Xcano has had more than his fair share of 'last chances'

Well, the problem is that he did legitimately spend a lot of time helping us out with the wiki once upon a time, so that gives him some leeway. That said, I suppose that you could argue that he spent his goodwill capital back when he started that out of control attack thread that tried to get me and Kavpeny fired, and then spent a lot of time attacking the wiki on Reddit.

Antvasima said:
Well, the problem is that he did legitimately spend a lot of time helping us out with the wiki once upon a time, so that gives him some leeway.
It is this kind of attitude that let two other members (whom I shall not name) go on for as long as they did on this wiki despite very toxic behaviour.

@Soldier Blue

Okay. Point taken. I am just trying to be mediating and ease tensions as usual, but I suppose that I am recurrently too lenient and naive regarding these issues.

I suppose that you can ban him if you think that this is the safest approach.

The Everlasting said:
I really don't want a repeat of LordAizenSama's 15 different last chances.
Is that why I am still here? Max KEK I love this wiki, apparently staff of all level it seems to have difficulty communicating with eachother.

That screencapture was a message long ago from Kavpeny, said in confidence and likely during one of our crisis situations, and Matthew has since made an effort to shape up to a massive degree.

Kav also still keeps in contact with me every now and then, but only has time to do so every 1.5 months or so, as he is very busy IRL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back