• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Please report any rule violations in this thread. Notifying us of such incidents is highly appreciated.

Additionally, kindly report any sockpuppets that you come across.

Only report violations regarding the wiki rules. False reports due to personal vendettas are unacceptable.

Also, this thread should be for reporting actual rule-breaking, not every single little disagreement.

In cases of extreme vandalism or trolling, you can report the accounts at the VSTF wiki.

If blocked members create sockpuppet accounts to circumvent their block repetitively, or several are created at almost the same time, you may contact the Fandom Staff, to politely request permanent range IP blocks.

You can also find specific users with the Search Function by typing with the format: "User:Username"

Here is a useful page for discovering sockpuppet accounts: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Log/newusers

Notes:

All staff members, kindly follow and bookmark this thread.

Remember to inform members via their message walls if that you have reported them here, in case they have performed severe enough rule-violations to risk being blocked. However, this should only be used in uncertain cases, not if they have done something instantly ban worthy, or if their offenses are minor.

It is against the Fandom rules to upload any offensive images to the wiki, so in order to show screencapture evidence of extremely bad behaviour, you must use external sites, such as Gyazo or Imgur, in order to not get globally banned yourself by the higher-ups:

https://gyazo.com/captures

https://imgur.com/

https://imageshack.us

@Antvasima

It wasn't really an off-topic comment though. This is the rule violation report thread and I was asking if that violated the NLF rule. That argument was being used and I wanted to confirm with you experienced people about it.

The way you dismissed my comment left me slightly irritated, but considering you guys are yourself irritated by these sockpuppets and such-like, I am not going to make a scene of it.

Just placing my thoughts out here. You don't need to reply.

Okay. No problem then.

Yes, Fandom told me that they globally banned all of the accounts connected to his email address, along with the email itself.

Then we report that as well. However, I am trying to convince Fandom to get stricter editing access standards overall, similarly to Wikipedia.

No, he kept making troll threads, and started spamming in chat with sock accounts after being banned

He created around a hundred sockpuppet accounts to troll and harrass our wiki members.

If you're in chat and get banned, you'll still be in chat though. A discussion mod, chat mod, or admin would have to either kick them or just chat ban them too.

This is not a chat thread.

Right. Let me take a look.

Edit: Antvasima blocked them. Good call. Seems like a troll and nothing more.

However, it is up to the rest of the staff to discuss internally if you want further restrictions to lessen the onslaught of troll sockpuppet accounts, and if so, help decide what those restrictions should be. I was severely berated when I mentioned Bert Hall's suggestions last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back