• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AppleLord

As far as I understand you are otherwise a harmless member nowadays, but it seems like your calculations are causing problems for the calc group, whose work is very important to the wiki, so it would probably be best to stop making them. Would that really be so bad? Nobody here wants to see you depressed, but the alternative would be that the staff might eventually feel forced to block you.

It is wasting the calc group's time, and he may be deliberately trying to mislead them.

I would say that it is not a bannable offence as he is not forcing anyone to evaluate his calculations and he cant possibly force anyone to spend time evaluating them, sure he may be making huge mistakes intentionally but we cant possibly prove that to be the case.

As such we have to atleast try and belive his words, meaning that he is just a guy that likes calculating while not being all that good at calculating. Lets give him time to improve, we all had to start somewhere.

If he is putting false calculation methods into system, we should at least tell him to stop doing so.

Same. He shouldn't really be banned for it, but the absolute bare minimum is for him to stop making any more calcs if he is intentionally being misleading about it.

I really don't think he's being misleading, I think he just doesn't understand how our calc system works

EDIT: I mean I don't think he's being intentially misleadinging

He could always do the calcs offsite and if his friends who are relatively knowledgeable on calcs could evaluate them offsite. I agree that making too many poorly made calcs isn't really bannable offense, but the spamming of new blog posts is pretty annoying. So, the alternative to simply ask him to stop making them here and instead make calcs somewhere else seems like a better choice.

1. Is he posting blogs at a rapid rate that constitutes as spam?

2. Are his blogs filled with vulgar or objectionable material?

If the answer to both of these is no then there is absolutely nothing wrong with what he's doing. Even if the math behind his blogs suck. If that's the case, then we just don't let his blogs be posted onto the profiles. We don't punish him or force him to stop making them.

OK. Apparently I have to remind everyone the context behind this.

It isn't just bad math. In the past he made multiple spite/wank calcs that intentionally mislead and attempted to trick the calc group.

He claims he is innocent and never did anything wrong, but even if you attempt to mess up all common forms of error don't lead to the stuff he got. I saw nothing else beside raw fabrication.

He spans these calcs out at a rate of 4 or 5 within several hours of each other to continually add to the chance that one of these calcs gets accepted that either wanks or is spiteful (purposely downplayed to make fun of those who oppose Bleach).

This is not "lol bad at math". I would never report someone for that; I've dealt with users who are bad at calcing and yet still ask for evaluations. This isn't that. This is a user who seems to try and maliciously deceive staff with bad calcs. Just like I will go out on a limb and believe you about your prediction of a Jonathan sock, @Ryu, I ask you to trust my judgement on this.

@Assalt I apologize for misunderstanding the situation. I just saw some of the comments others were making and it was sounding like another "bad think we disagree with him" situation. I honestly didn't see your initial report since I got blasted with notifications.

If he is deliberately spreading misinformation to spite others then of course that is an offense.

Well I've never asked you to ban or approve of me banning a Jonathan sock prediction of mine. However I do greatly appreciate you trusting me in those cases and I will trust you here.

> Just like I will go out on a limb and believe you about your prediction of a Jonathan sock, @Ryu, I ask you to trust my judgement on this.

What does this have to do with anything? This is kind of a low blow.

@Ryu

Sorry if my above comment sounds... assunptive.

But yeah the newer comments made it seem like this was just about the math, which it isn't.

Honestly I still don't want to ban him. I just want to malicious calcs to stop. If they did, I have no problem with him staying. Or, even if he wants to continue calcing, just don't request evaluations.

This is hilarious,he just loves to make calcs,and he does that.You can ignore his calculations and not evaluate them,but you can not ban him from doing calcs.I saw cases when staff gave a s*** about insulting others,and now you report someone for doing calcs.

From my point of view it looks like someone just does not like Apple.

@Dzhindzholla

Read my above posts and my comments on his previous blogs.

I am being very lenient here, in my opinion. I'm not calling for a ban. Read above; I was the first one who said that he shouldn't be banned outright.

I completely forgot who Apple was and I almost never interacted with him. I have no ill will towards Apple.

I'm going to step in and defend Assault here. I believe a lot of critique of this desision comes from those who aren't familiar with its history, and even something that appears small and harmless can be toxic if taken to great excess.

Good Lord. I had already banned you once for trolling and now you tell soneone to kill himself?

Suicide encouragement is one of the only things that is an instaban, so I'll go ahead and put that ban back. If any other Admin thinks the time should be shortened feel free to change it, but Lies has proven this kind of behavior is the norm, and that mentality has absolutely no place here.

Edit: Repp beat me to it.

So, he got permabanned, convinced admins to unban him, got his first account request banned, got his second banned for saying to be a sock even though he wasn't, then was unbanned, then was banned again.

Wait that was Lucky Charming Star?

The guy who called me a ****** and told me to kill myself a year ago?

Why was he unbanned?

@Dragonmasterxyz

I am usually the one who has to withstand the main brunt of the wiki problems, but the Fandom staff has at least informed me that they have further tightened the security for the wiki in unspecified manners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back