• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Knight Oh darn, the night i had a panic attack and snapped at him, big deal. I already appologized for that as i know i was wrong to do that.

Wait a minute, do I see someone trying to get someone banned out of bias, or is there something I'm missing?

Yes, youre missing the entire point of him being banned for breaking rules He wouldnt be reported if i simply disagreed with him

WeeklyBattles said:
@Knight Oh darn, the night i had a panic attack and snapped at him, big deal. I already appologized for that as i know i was wrong to do that.

Again this isn't any personal against you, as I don't have anything against you but that's no excuse to behave that way. While it's understandable it's not acceptable. It's no different from me telling you to **** off and die in a hole just because I had a panic attack.

WeeklyBattles said:
Yes, youre missing the entire point of him being banned for breaking rules He wouldnt be reported if i simply disagreed with him
Link me to the warnings the staff gave him, then we'll talk about a ban. But from those threads alone, I can't see a ban worthy misdemeanor.

@Knight I know, and i admit i was wrong and apologized extensively for what i did that night. I wasnt in a good state of mind and things got out of hand. But What i did one night doesnt justify Regis breaking rules and ignoring staff warnings.

We all have our moments of snapping.

Either all of it is okay, or none of it is okay. If we apologize to those we 'snapped' at, I say let it pass unless it was something super serious (Like a death threat.)

And this is coming from someone who has snapped against admins in the past.

Thats all I have to say. Regis does not deserve a ban. Dude is honestly one of our least hostile members.

Heck, even when I disagree with him he is polite.

That is all I have to say.

I say a warning is best, and also at best, either a CRT/or a rule regarding LoL.

May I see where Regis was even breaking the rules? You two don't get along, it's like Matthew interacting with Aiden it doesn't work much like mixing oil with water. If I may suggest how's about staying away from each other? That seems like the best route to take to avoid anymore useless drama that nobody needs. Let bygone be bygones is my best suggestion here as I don't see how Regis did anything bad let alone ban worthy.

I'll wait for Assalt's response but i do agree with KS' idea of a rule regarding LoL so this doesnt keep happening

I will also be the first to defend LoL's stats btw.

We have quite a few tier 7/6 feats for the verse, and while I disagree with Regis and dont think this deserves a ban

You don't see me trying to nerf verses I dislike because either spite or stubborness.

That is all I will say regarding this.

The only problems I have with LoL stats right now is how scaling is inconsistently applied and why some feats that shouldn't be considered as feats are used in the scaling.

OK, so here's my thoughts on the situation.

1. For full transperency, I did indeed support submitting a Rule Violation report. That said, I have no strong desire Regis to be banned, rather than present the existing evidence and bring the situation to a neutral audience. If said neutral audience deems his behavior has unruly or unacceptable, I would support a ban. If they do not believe any wrongdoing to have occurred, then I would yield to the judgement and be in support of a no-ban. It all depends on what the others think in light of the situation, since I know full well I am biased in some sense in this affair.

2. I do believe Regis has been extremely uncooperative and unreasonable at times. He believes that his interpretation is the only true way, and will call any other possible interpretations "outright lies," when in fact multiple possible truths do indeed exist. It is representative of a significant dogma and biased towards one's own opinions above all others; granted, all of us are guilty of this to a certain extent, as is natural to all people, but I think not having room for an open mind can lead to an individual that is quick to disrupt arguments and disturb the peace.

Although LoL should not be on a pedestal above questioning, if the majority of the community, especially its knowledge members, are in support of something for reasons that you can't disprove past "I don't think that's correct," then you may have to simply yield. I have done this on numerous occasions, and will likely have to do this again in the future. Not everyone will see eye to eye, and even if you believe someone to be dead wrong, sometimes you'll just have to make your bed and sleep at night anyway since you don't have the ability to outright disprove them for the sake of community fellowship and in effort not to constantly bog down the workload of those already busy with the same old points that get rehashed over and over. Eventually you have to just stop, and at the moment it seems like Regi has no plans of conceding or ceasing insults against those who he disagrees with.

So that is my whole take on this.

LuckyCharmingStar said:
Hello, this perso is banned from the entire fandom for no reason same thing what happend to me and alrf once.

Is there anyone who know how to fix it?

@Ant Iapitus says he apologizes that this is gonna set him back on the I/O cosmology blog and revisions
I have asked Fandom about this. I hope that he can be allowed to return, as he is a well-behaved member who was making an effort to help us out.

I think that it is best if we are shown screencaptures of what Regis has actually done. It is very hard for us to evaluate with limited time otherwise.

Okay, so I asked Fandom about Iapitus' block, but they refused to give me an answer since they apparently don't discuss things with third parties. Iapitus has to contact Fandom himself.

Please ask him to go here: http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contact/general

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back