• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldier Blue said:
I'll give them a warning and see how they respond (if they respond at all).
Okay. I suppose that might be best.

A strict warning seems to be in order, and a block if he continues afterwards.

So they haven't replied to the warning at all and are still behaving immaturely. Yeah... I'll ban for a month and see if they cool down by then. If any other staff member wants to change the duration of the ban, go ahead.

Soldier Blue said:
So they haven't replied to the warning at all and are still behaving immaturely. Yeah... I'll ban for a month and see if they cool down by then. If any other staff member wants to change the duration of the ban, go ahead.
Yea, 1 month ban would be the best here.

@Soldier Blue

Thank you for the help.

Referring to Promestein's posts earlier, AjimuPlaysMaplestory seems to have caused problems in the past as well by severely overreacting or being unreasonable. How do the rest of you think that we should handle this?

I looked at their block log. Looks like they were banned once before for troll behaviour and unacceptable language. So have they not learnt their lesson? Perhaps a temporary ban and another chance after it expires?

That might be an idea, yes. He/she overreacted and started to use extremely vulgar language over an misunderstanding previously.

See here for more information: http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:1424917

I was quoting posts from staff and those were not my own words

why should I be punished for reporting staff being sexually inappropriate? that makes 0 sense

do you arrest the victim after their house gets robbed or they get assaulted instead of the criminal?

I should not be punished for repeat behavior when I literally did nothing wrong in the first place

you staff misunderstood ME

not I misunderstood YOUR staff's posts that I was reporting because their comments were very deliberate and clear

additionally my "stomp" threads were literally 100% fair and I broke no rules by making them

all I did was remove the auto stomp BS conditions that characters had over medaka to even the playing field and somehow thats a stomp spite? LOL k

so if medaka gets stomped and has 0% chance and is forced to fight tier 1Bs and get losses added to her profile thats -ok-

but if I level the playing field and medaka is the one that wins it suddenly becomes unfair and stomp just becuase medaka finally gets to win?

why are all these characters just allowed to bully medaka in unfair stomp spites?

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1544013#118

The way I remember it, you greatly exaggerated the vulgarity of what had been said, and stomp threads are not allowed either for or against Medaka.

Antvasima said:
The way I remember it, you greatly exaggerated the vulgarity of what had been said, and stomp threads are not allowed either for or against Medaka.
not really

there was only 1 way to take their posts so nothing was exaggerated

also stomp threads must be allowed now because 3 of them are on medaka's profile as losses and 2 of em are from 1Bs

the other fight she apparently looks at him and instantly loses without being able to do anything

The way that you phrased it was definitely very exaggerated, and I am not informed about the Medaka threads, just about what our rules say.

Anyway, you do not exactly give a reasonable impression, so perhaps a 1 month temporary ban would be best, with the possibility of a longer period if you continue to cause trouble afterwards.

What do the rest of the staff think?

Taking the Breinhard meme as a rape joke seems pretty exaggerated.

Screenshot 20180424-131551
Forgive me if this looks like im paranoid, but this occured last time I was on. Im noy accusing him of anything but also felt this shouldnt have been left un-noticed so im taking it here to be looked on.

Apologies again if this is just nothing.

Wokistan said:
if I get warned for saying some curse words then that stuff is definitely all worth a warning

mods should be held to a much higher standard than the normal users

Pregnant isn't a curse word though, and you would have to totally ignore the context of everything leading up to that to misconstrue that as a rape joke.

Ryukama said:
@Professor That seems just like a joke about him telling you guys to not get wildly mad at one another.
Fair enough.

What I thought that shouldve been taken here was he was making joke comments and I noted out that if he was trolling then, he should stop so that he wont get in trouble for it, but then immediately didnt deny he was trolling. Im perfectly good with this being nothing though.

Wokistan said:
Oh, is that who this user is? I didn't realise it was the same person.

And yeah, calling the medakars meme a rape joke is ridiculous

Wokistan said:
and you would have to totally ignore the context of everything leading up to that to misconstrue that as a rape joke.
what context? a mod closing a topic saying that a female char is pregnant b/c they lost a fight?

when you add all of it together it just seems to me like mods are above the ToS

I receive an immediate warning if I say a naughty word out of frustration

but then mods can make all sorts of sexual remarks and sexually trash female characters and that's ok I guess

Unite My Rice said:
What are you talking about?
they were talking about old posts I complained about to Antvasima and asked for his opinion about what is allowed on topics when people start to get sexual in the comment section

mods misunderstood the situation and thought I was flaming the mod team and claiming they said these things as an insult when they actually DID say the stuff I was talking about via innundos/implication

I was unbanned and it was considered a misunderstanding but for some reason they are bringing it up again on this topic?

the only "crimes" I have been guilty of in the past were reporting mods that were sexually insulting female characters and acting like they have sex with random dudes which is an insult on the dignity of the characters

my other "crime" was getting irritated at 1B characters repeatedly bullying a tier 5 character so I made topics with their insta victory hax restricted and people called them spite threads

AjimuPlaysMaplestory said:
the only "crimes" I have been guilty of in the past were reporting mods that were sexually insulting female characters and acting like they have sex with random dudes which is an insult on the dignity of the characters

Are you serious.

Someone takes their fictional characters a bit too seriously.

I assume you hate ships then.

Oh my god...can we not be so sensitive? What is this? Politcal Correctness II: Attack of the Social Justice Warrirors? How many times we must repeat ourselves? We already must deal with censorship from Google, Facebook, Twitter and the like, we do not need people on an entertainment wiki getting pissy over something like this. I'm not for joking about certain things but I am definitely not going to silence others. Did he hurt anybody? Did he threaten anybody? Did he say anything about a real tangible person and not a fictional character? If the answer is "no" to all of those questions then let it go. Christ, these RV threads are basically drama threads and it needs to stop now, less we destroy ourselves.

Monarch Laciel said:

Are you serious.

Someone takes their fictional characters a bit too seriously.

I assume you hate ships then.
yeah I take my characters seriously and have issues when they are degraded or insulted is that a problem?

dont you have anything that you enjoy or care about?

saying "ayyyy character A would be cute with character B in a relationship so I ship em" is different than the posts I complained about

Sera Loveheart said:
If the answer is "no" to all of those questions then let it go.
so just to hell with the rules and we can say whatever crude and disgusting stuff we want like google+?

where people regularly throw the term rape around and even give graphic descriptions on how character A will rape character B?

Monarch Laciel said:
Because romance and children are crude and disgusting I guess
What is this, Brave New World?
you do know that I complained about more than just your post right?

as a mod you should set an example for people and think about your behavior

your closing comment was tacky and unnecessary

THEIR comments were tacky and unnecessary

where people regularly throw the term rape around and even give graphic descriptions on how character A will rape character B?
you do know that I complained about more than just your post right?
Literally when has this ever happened here.

And I'm aware you're complaining about more than just me, but that somehow means that I can't defend myself?

Whatever. Too much drama happens in rule violation threads these days, I don't want to be caught up. Won't be commenting unless I see any other rule breaks.

No one said you can say whatever you want. No one said you can go full explicit on here. Proof being people have been banned or even warned for that.

@Ajimu for gods sakes do you have anything constructive to say around here other than "This person is making fun of a fictional character"?? It's FICTION, and in case you don't know what that means, it's something that's NOT REAL!!! Get over it, otherwise why are you even on the internet in the first place? If you want to go somewhere where your favorite character won't be insulted, the internet is not one of those places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back