• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
CynicalWeeaboo said:
Excuse me for asking, but what exactly does what I say off-site matter? If you have any proof of those stalker-ish claims to begin with.
I can literally just search your name into Reddit and find your entire post history. It doesn't take much.

I don't have a stake in this, but you don't need to be a stalker to find someone in 1 minute.

Matthew Schroeder said:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:CynicalWeeaboo
Not desiring any ban or anything, but I recommend keep an eye on him. I know he is from Reddit, and I've seen him speak very badly of our wiki, the way we use higher-dimensions, and some users / staff of ours. If memory serves.

Of course, affairs of other boards don't concern us much, but it is worth mentioning.

Though he did say the following to me in a thread that got very messy very fast (Not his fault exclusively, though)

"though god awful scaling off of dimensions is something I thought you would be fond of Matt?"

And how do you know this information exactly? I don't think that you were the one to go on that specific Reddit channel.

VSB isn't put on high regard when it comes to the actual stats anywhere that isnt VSB. The only complement this place gets is for feat/source storage. That's pretty plain and simple. If they're gonna hop here, tolerance is really the fairest thing to do in this type of situation unless or until they actually break some rules. Their opinions shouldn't necessarily be snuffed out unless its mega hardcore, just "oh he doesnt like the place nuke him" immediately isn't the right tactic IMO. Watch him, yes, but wouldn't don't do anything drastic at first sight.

Gargoyle clearly came at HF first lol and randomly out of the blue too. Why is he getting punished for responding?

I think Heaven should be given one final warning, or at least a shorter ban. The insults only came after he was being arguably stalked and sorta accused of shadiness without any shred of evidence. And if we want to go there I could name multiple people in this same thread who have said similar things as him numerous times without getting banned.

I'm just gonna unban the guy. I can't feel right having him blocked knowing that many others have done similar or a lot more things than him without any ban. If he continues acting up like this then he can get banned.

Ryukama said:
I think Heaven should be given one final warning, or at least a shorter ban. The insults only came after he was being arguably stalked and sorta accused of shadiness without any shread of evidence. And if we want to go there I could name multiple people in this same thread who have said similar things as him numerous times without getting banned.
If there were multiple people in that same thread who said the same things, and they ended up scot-free as a result of that, perhaps a last warning instead of a ban would be more suitable in this scenario.

I think the point Ryu is making, is that he shouldn't be banned at all, but instead be given a final warning.

Thebluedash said:
I think the point Ryu is making, is that he shouldn't be banned at all, but instead be given a final warning.
^ This exactly

Ryukama said:
I'm just gonna unban the guy. I can't feel right having him blocked knowing that many others have done similar or a lot more things than him without any ban. If he continues acting up like this then he can get banned.
Okay. I trust your decision as you weren't personally involved in that dumpster fire thread and have no bias on the matter.

Well, again, we do have 738000 individual visitors a month, and said visitors check out an average of 8 pages each every visit, with a very low bounce rate, and constantly increasing popularity for our wiki.

That is an unusually high degree of approval for any type of wiki, so we shouldn't be bothered about that a few hundred people simply do not like us, as long as they do not go overboard with the bashing.

I also posted a message on Heaven's wall asking him to change his behavior in the future. The situation with him is resolved for now.

Also I agree with Arigamy. Assuming what has been said is true, why someone who hates this site would want to be on it, I don't know. But we shouldn't ban such a person if they don't actually do anything wrong here.

Plus I'm pretty sure that there are aspects of this site we all hate or might have harshly criticized with others outside the forums in one way or another. As long as we can stay respectful about such disagreements on the wiki it's all fine.

Thank you for the help Ryukama.

Regular user of Reddit. Can confirm Cynical constantly bashes the wiki on /r/CharacterRant and /r/whowouldwin, and there was even a huge post with ridiculously bad arguments against our wiki he was a part of.

Anyway, I don't want to beat a dead horse.

Well, I admit that I am not fond of people who severely disrespect all of the hard work we have put into improving the wiki either, but unless he has been very extreme, I do not think that we can ban him for it.

• Gulp,my first comment in rule violation*
Well i agree here,i'm an SR in reddit (WWW and CharacterRant) and always read all of their post and honestly Cynical is not that bad,he just proved with and semi aggresive comment,also he's good guy.

Doesn't mean i want to defend him,but this is his first time in wiki,thats ahave an different rule than reddit.

• Get fainted*

Give him time to adjust. It's ok if he doesn't agree with us, he just can't outright bash us to a severe level. It's like going to a rock concert just to bash the genre and say how much you hate rock. It's counter-intuitive.

Yeah, unless it's promoting actual harassment or something of that nature, I'm heavily against banning someone for what was said on another site.

Guys let's not derail with useless comments. I understand you respect Azathoth, but this is doing nothing but slowing the thread down.

Mewtwo54 - New guy. First two threads here were a Thread trying to upgrade Saitama to star level and when it was closed due to being against the rules he made a second one his response to our rule about not upgrading Saitama was:

"shut up weekly. listen boy. unless you have true proof that saitama aint star level. you aint gonna deny anything. your just assuming that it was a mistranslation. but where does it actually say it was a mistranslation. booyyyyy. revision up!"

Almost positive he's a troll

im sorry. i didnt know. i was a bit agressive. but i do think you guys are downgrading saitama. but i should have been more respectful.

Mewtwo54 said:
im sorry. i didnt know. i was a bit agressive. but i do think you guys are downgrading saitama. but i should have been more respectful.
Not really, considering we have discussed this multiple times before, like kaguya being star level. So it is just tiresome

Welcome to the wiki btw, hope you enjoy your stay here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back