• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Please report any rule violations in this thread. Notifying us of such incidents is highly appreciated.

Additionally, kindly report any sockpuppets that you come across.

Only report violations regarding the wiki rules. False reports due to personal vendettas are unacceptable.

Also, this thread should be for reporting actual rule-breaking, not every single little disagreement.

In cases of extreme vandalism or trolling, you can report the accounts at the VSTF wiki.

If blocked members create sockpuppet accounts to circumvent their block repetitively, or several are created at almost the same time, you may contact the Wikia Staff, to politely request permanent IP blocks.

Note: All staff members, kindly follow, and bookmark, this thread.

You can also find specific users with the Search Function by typing with the format: "User:Username"

Here is a useful page for discovering sockpuppet accounts: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Log/newusers

Note: It is against the Fandom rules to upload any offensive images to the wiki, so in order to show screencapture evidence of extremely bad behaviour, you must use external sites, such as Gyazo or Imgur, in order to not get in trouble yourself from the higher-ups:

https://gyazo.com/captures

https://imgur.com/

https://imageshack.us

User GarageShackGamer made an appeal to get his ban removed here. Banned stemmed from a rather messy event a few months ago that I handled quite poorly. I mistook him for a sock and banned him on sight, but he seems cool.

I think we should unban him.

There was also a messy argument between a G+ community he's on and users in the chat, which stems from some of our users provoking and insulting them. It was a mess for both sides.

Btw the part of him being a sockpuppet was that he's confirmed to be the same user as User:SuperSwordMaster1. GarageShackGamer is a username SSM1 has used off-site

Uh. Then the ban should probably stay.

And reading everything, the first thing that he does in the comments is bashing VSBW. Also those scans make me worried, two out of three are cut

Kaltias said:
And reading everything, the first thing that he does in the comments is bashing VSBW. Also those scans make me worried, two out of three are cut
I wasn't even the only one saying anything about them at the time those scans were taken. The group was the main topic that even some mods were discussing.

Remember the last time Kavpeny saw people borderline witch-hunting?

Also, the guy seems to have made some pretty good points in his G+ post. He was pretty down-to-earth and not insulting, just obnoxious due to him being frustrated with his ban.

So I'd look at his arguments against Zeed instead of brushing them off and saying "he's a sock so whatever".

That's more or less my stance on the topic. I think we can give him another chance since he's seemed to have learned from his mistake, and because some of our users apparently stirred up drama with his community in the first place.

My issue is more the sockpuppet stuff, actually.

And the reason why I said that i'm worried about the scans is because it's honestly extremely easy to change the apparent meaning taking a phrase out of context. I'm not saying "he's a sock so whatever", i'm saying "his evidence doesn't look nearly good enough because it lacks context"

If you guys think that he learnt, I support lifting the ban.

Zeed's evidence wasn't good to begin with either. A "tsk tsk" is not nearly enough to warrant a ban, a light warning at best and even that sounds iffy.

Kaltias said:
My issue is more the sockpuppet stuff, actually.

And the reason why I said that i'm worried about the scans is because it's honestly extremely easy to change the apparent meaning taking a phrase out of context. I'm not saying "he's a sock so whatever", i'm saying "his evidence doesn't look nearly good enough because it lacks context"
That, and also we shouldn't act like I was the only one talking about them when those screenshots were taken.

Kepekley23 said:
Two wrongs don't make a right at all.
True. But the point is that I shouldn't be the only one to blame for it if at all. (I admit I was wrong too, this was from months ago and I stopped caring about them since)

Zeed's previous post was entirely composed of similar screenshots, and the guy got banned for, guess what, saying "tsk tsk" in Zeed's PM.

That is an utterly inadmissible and impassable reason for a ban, to be frank. Even a warning sounds too harsh.

Thomas's "How do you not get this?" to UMR was way more confrontational, and nobody baited an eye. Matt even said Thomas shouldn't even receive a warning. And I think that, in context, defending yourself and being a little, teensy bit confrontational is nowhere near as rude as outright confronting someone and asking them how the heck they didn't get something.

However, Thomas's behavior wasn't even enough for a warning. While this guy somehow got instantly blocked for doing someone infinitely lighter.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/872124#320

^ He got banned because that message coincidentally arrived right after Zeed blocked him on G+. So it wasn't because he said "tsk tsk". It was because it looked like the "Don't try to find people" rule

I'm not defending any position btw. Just explaining the circumstances

Also, I don't think it was coincidental that that came right after I blocked him. Most likely he went to chat to do that because I had blocked both of his accounts on G+.

Just to clarify, was this a part of the situation with a Dragon Ball chat group attacking our staff and wiki?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:CynicalWeeaboo

Not desiring any ban or anything, but I recommend keep an eye on him. I know he is from Reddit, and I've seen him speak very badly of our wiki, the way we use higher-dimensions, and some users / staff of ours. If memory serves.

Of course, affairs of other boards don't concern us much, but it is worth mentioning.

Though he did say the following to me in a thread that got very messy very fast (Not his fault exclusively, though)

"though god awful scaling off of dimensions is something I thought you would be fond of Matt?"

Reactions: A88
To be perfectly fair I did kinda act aggressive by cursing, so that's kinda my issue.

Also worth noting the dude seems to love pointing out it's "Too easy" or "one sided" if it's a character I like.

Check his posts

Aizen was admittedly a big part of the problem, although others, myself included, were aggressive in the re-railment attempts which provoked further derailment.

But

Taking the liberty to block Heavens Feel for a month or two, since he's continually mocking and ignored my warning.

Please, everyone, let's try to keep on topic. If Aizen is being problematic, like I said before, we should make a judgement and stick with it. I know he pops into chat just to observe and rarely does anything beyond spamming "." randomly.

I apologize if I seem like a Nose-y Nancy or Bitchy Becky here. I don't like acting petty in public, but I do think if we see provoking and initiation, we should continue to be on top of it. That's all I really had to say.

Everything here seems like it's coming to some big climax... I also feel like once a decision is made, we should stick with it, and we should make it soon, before things get out of hand to end all out of hand situations. Now, I won't say my opinion (I direct you to my Switzerland comment from before), but it's pretty clear that if this were a tv series, we'd be reaching the final episodes.

...that was a really bad analogy.

Please be patient regarding Aizen. It usually takes a while for the bureaucrats to reach a decision, especially as Kavpeny, who has the best sense of judgement, responds very sporadically.

Excuse me for asking, but what exactly does what I say off-site matter? If you have any proof of those stalker-ish claims to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back