• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruby's "Intangibility"

Status
Not open for further replies.
DraycoMakargo said:
@Kadmus The profile for EI implies it's passive, which is the case for other users like Sandman. Ruby had to split herself to avoid the attack. And Ruby is seen with a trail of roses following her almost all the time. Without her semblance may I add. She probably just spontaneously creates them. There's no problem with her having it, but having the most informative analysis of a charcater is what this site tries to have.
Does it have to be passive? I'm sure there are cases where people have it but have to be consciously doing it to avoid attacks. And iirc there is no time where rose petals follow her like that in such a fashion unless she is actively using her semblance otherwise in her normal form they would just move in her direction for a moment and fall to the ground. If I'm wrong I hope it isn't too much to ask to show vids of it being so.

Jinx666 said:
-sniiiiip-
I'm still vying for the limited EI or possible EI. If not just well idk. I'm just thinking of a middle ground here. And case by case I don't think it can be used as a reasoning of defense though depending on the combat situation.

@Kadmus

I mean the reason why it's being argued is mostly because she didn't always have this ability, and there's not much to go on to say she has it now. The major difference with her semblance is that she now has more body control, along with flight.

@DraycoMakargo

Abilites can grow and create newer ones :). Especially for this case since it's an innate aura ability that can be mastered.

Well, i dont know where to put that vote tbh, but she really has never shown Elemental Intangibility

Jinx's attitude aside, Ruby clearly isn't actually elementally intangible while on that state. Nora was able to hold onto her.

Also, the proof for her elemental intangibility Post-Timeskip is a trail of roses she left behind while dashing that can be interpreted both ways, while the only solid showings demonstrate hitting her will knock her right off her semblance.

Downgrade that.

aight then, What point in the show are you referring to where she has elemental intangibility about the intepretation of two ways? Can you link

The scene where the Beringel sees a trail of roses. It proves nothing and the only showings demonstrate hitting her will knock her right off. For example, when the Petra Gigas was running and knocking the trees aside, her Semblance clearly didn't protect her from anything. It's only there for speed.

Oh wait, so you are For the dowgrade revisions? Sorry, misinterpreted it when you said you were against the argument

Welp, thats 6 For and 2 Against

I can agree with Kep due to the Nora and Ruby thing. We should clearly put that Ruby is "capable of splitting into pieces" on her profile though.

So no intangibility then.

Aight then, thats 8 For.

Might be banned after this rip, of course, blue names aren't treated as fairly as the admins, but at least my possible last mark was worth it. Have a good one if so, make sure this is added

@Nico

Her page already says something along those lines down where her semblance is. We just still called it Elemental Intagibility at the time.

I agree too, the OP made some good arguments and provided enough proof.

What I want to know is what power it is then? biological manip? body manip?

Just came back and glad to see we've all reached a agreement. So instead Ruby's will have some note that she can split into three clumps of rose petals and remove EI?

(What do you call that?)

There's a note saying she can split her body (as well as having psedo-duplication whatever that is). There's nothing really new to add, just gotta highlight what her semblance pretty much does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back