• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruby Rose (RWBY) downgrade

I've been rewatching Ruby and honestly I think her categories are not accurate. Class M lifting strength is the mass of the largest ship and she did not physically overpower that Nevermore. She used the momentum of her being launched by Weiss's glyphs,the recoil of crescent rose, and her speed semblance to drag that Nevermore bug she can't handle that strain normally. I think her lifting strength category needs to be downgraded to superhuman because the only lifting feat we've seen her do on her own is wield Cresent Rose effectively.

Edited the title so other people won't be confused as I did when I first saw it.

As for the topic itself, I can't say I know enough beyond a casual fan to say.

Weiss's glyphs were only what made Ruby able of running horizontally. The force was her owns paired with Crescent Rose's recoil. Also if she could do it without breaking her arms this means that her stats do scale from overpowering the Nevermore.

And her semblance doesn't make her tougher, only faster.

Nah I remind you that RWBY used her semblance to cause a wirlwind in season 2? It doesn't technically increase her strength but it would add much more leverage for her to drag the Nevermore. Also I wasn't talking about the glyphs letting her run horizontally, I was talking about the one used to slingshot her towards it.

Her semblance doesn't do anything but increasing speed. It doesn't do anything for her AP and durability.

https://youtu.be/ctiDu69kIho Go at 10:20

Not to mention that:

1) She clearly stopped and started running after being thrown.

2) She wasn't using her semblance.

when she saw Penny stop and lift that truck with her bare hands in season 2 Ruby was visibly shocked even after she saw that she could fight at the docs. This means that of lifting strength is not normal for her.

Katitas... You know that if they don't consume them building level than that means that it's correct given that they CREATED the shoe

No. Death of the Author is enforced here. You don't want them to be MCB? Then you don't give them MCB feats. If you do, we rate them as MCB

Authors and writers seldom realize the scale of their characters. We don't rate FF7 characters at Street level because Zach was shot down by guns. Like Kaltias said, Death of the Author is a thing, and Feats > Word of God as well.

It doesn't change the fact that Ruby's lifting strength fear should be class 100 or class K. Dragging that Nevermore was not clad M

Maybe she WAS class M but in volumes 3 and 4 her strength feats were grounded. Miles and Kerry may have brought her down a notch to make a more grounded show and make it less of an anime style like Monty First wanted.

>more grounded

Ruby sliced a Nevermore in half without even trying. Blake and Sun fought a sea dragon. People went from reacting to bullets to reacting to lightning bolts

THAT Nevermore was not as big as the one at Initiation. And Blake and Sun had the help of the ship. I'm honestly just annoyed at the inaccuracies of this wiki.

If you want to calc it, go ahead, I don't mind. But ranting about the wiki won't lead you anywhere

Back