• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RP Registration • Crossings: Reincarnation

The Godwoken; has 5 different instant win moves, shouldn't be allowed
Guessing you're either looking at later keys (ie: the ones above tier 7) or grossly misinterpreting some abilities, the latter of which is potentially understandable since the page as it is currently is ass ngl

Guessing you're either looking at later keys (ie: the ones above tier 7) or grossly misinterpreting some abilities, the latter of which is potentially understandable since the page as it is currently is ass ngl
Probably the ladder, you should know what abilities I'm talking about for first key, so please explain them to me

Fair would anything from warhammer work.
Either too tech based, doesn't have anything to contribute to the character(actually most of them don't), or is a Warhammer Fantasy character and as such resists everything and makes Unga bunga melee the only option for combat, something I don't want

Rebranding the means abilities are used to let the character use them without machines would probably be fine.
I mean then I have to choose just how much Astartes or Custodes BS I want, and the issue with that leads into their hax and such, most of which negate durability even more then Kenora's equipment already does, and I don't want that for the simple reason of: I dont want to be able to split anything in two without effort
Everything that could be considered "instant win" in the first key is temporary and almost all are melee range to like a dozen meters.
Thank ye,

No, it doesn't. It's a ninth tier damage spell. Not a dura neg like Reality Slash.
First off, no it's not 9th level, second off gsme mechanis which explicidly don't work in the new world so doesn't matter

Ainz's time stop is not universal in the slightest, Overlord has a multi-planetary cosmology that we know of. And time stop wouldn't even reach across za warudo, if you checked his range section you'd realize this.
Potato potato for all sense and purposes

Has a long aee charge time, literally has to say what she wants out loud, actually Lowers her stats by using it without the ring that has limited uses. Yeah, I don't think it's a wise idea to use that in the middle of combat, especially since she can actually be hit out of it at any point in casting or using it
Ring uses, also silent casting

actually makes Ainz's magic essentially useless on the target anyway
Not evena a, downside considering magic pierce bypasses that

Regardless, the simple fact you'd have to restrict Ainz's main thing (any death spell) means it's not getting in

First off, no it's not 9th level, second off gsme mechanis which explicidly don't work in the new world so doesn't matter

Potato potato for all sense and purposes

Ring uses, also silent casting

Not evena a, downside considering magic pierce bypasses that

Regardless, the simple fact you'd have to restrict Ainz's main thing (any death spell) means it's not getting in
It's still a DPS spell that doesn't neg dura, if your feeling like making a CRT to make it do so, be my guest. Also tiered magic does exist in the new world what are you talking about?

We can also jut restrict it

Ring takes the same long cast time, and Ainz can't Silent Cast Super-tier magic

TGoALiD takes 12 entire seconds to finish. Anyone worth a damn can kill Kenora in the time it actually takes to get it off anyway.

We can also limit the death spells, this is an RP after all, we don't have to 1:1 the characters at all and changing the death spells from the source could prove interesting if I explain it right.

And also, Overlord, my dude, there are quite a few game mechanics that were taken from Yggdrasil into the new world. I could actually list them.

It's still a DPS spell that doesn't neg dura, if your feeling like making a CRT to make it do so, be my guest. Also tiered magic does exist in the new world what are you talking about?

We can also jut restrict it

Ring takes the same long cast time, and Ainz can't Silent Cast Super-tier magic

TGoALiD takes 12 entire seconds to finish. Anyone worth a damn can kill Kenora in the time it actually takes to get it off anyway.

We can also limit the death spells, this is an RP after all, we don't have to 1:1 the characters at all and changing the death spells from the source could prove interesting if I explain it right.
There is a point to where restricting is too much. To make Ainz viable you'd have to restrict a lot, and it's a no.

If you don't want to use haxxy, don't get haxxy chars

There is a point to where restricting is too much. To make Ainz viable you'd have to restrict a lot, and it's a no.

If you don't want to use haxxy, don't get haxxy chars
I want a PnA and some select few dura negs from a character I can actually tie into Kenora, isn't an OC of mine, and is versatile. I have OCs that can fill that roll lying around, but at that point I should just build Kenora's profile from scratch since I'm using an OC of mine anyway

This whole argument is dumb. Ainz is restricted not because he has instant kills, but because of how stupidly easy it is to pull them off. He does a verbal cast and maybe a gesture and an instant-kill effect happens. Crush Heart, Death, Black Hole, Reality Slash, etc, without even mentioning how he has teleportation and time stop (which is still tens of kilometers even with your own argument btw).

There's a point where you restrict too much stuff for a character. GM doesn't want to restrict too many powers or change some, and that's his choice (and believe me I ran one that allowed powers to be altered to be allowable and it did not go well).

There are like 4 different characters that blitz the holy **** out of Kenora, I don't think how fast she can use them is the issue.

And, once again, Black Hole doesn't negate durability, a CRT would have to be made to make it do so.

I want a PnA and some select few dura negs from a character I can actually tie into Kenora, isn't an OC of mine, and is versatile. I have OCs that can fill that roll lying around, but at that point I should just build Kenora's profile from scratch since I'm using an OC of mine anyway
Make a FCOC profile then and ask if you can get it. Otherwise I feel you're asking for much, not always you can tie stuff to your chars, and most of the time you have to improvise.

Make a FCOC profile then and ask if you can get it. Otherwise I feel you're asking for much, not always you can tie stuff to your chars, and most of the time you have to improvise.
I'd need to finish the stories to actually use them in the first place, something that requires finishing either other RPs or finishing writing entire books. If I'm given a moment(like 30 minutes lol) I can whip up an acceptable PnA for Kenora at this point

And I'm good at improvisation but I need room to actually do so, which I don't have a ghost of a clue how much I actually have here because of the lack of rules in the OP, not dissing it at all, but for an RP with versus debaters your gonna want some definite rules for what's acceptable, and I only have a bit of a clue for what that is here.

Character Name: Walter T. Winters
Character Description:
julio-rocha-thewormthtwalks-julioport-com.jpg

Chosen Characters: Mr. Game & Watch and The Administrator (SCP Foundation) (no overtime 2-C or plot manipulation)
We're on a new page so I am bring this back up.

Yeah but this isn't the power system used for this RP. Treating the characters's powers as your own brand is fine and all, but you can't just edit around the powers from those characters and say "this is my power set".

also you still haven't swapped Ainz after the GM told you no

Yeah but this isn't the power system used for this RP. Treating the characters's powers as your own brand is fine and all, but you can't just edit around the powers from those characters and say "this is my power set".

also you still haven't swapped Ainz after the GM told you no
I barely edited the powers as well, added descriptions maybe, but what's described there is what's on the profiles for what happened, and the descriptions usually just outright lower the effectiveness of the abilities, for instance, Oryx's Invulnerability, may seem like a major edit at first, but in reality it's just bringing its area from everywhere across the body down to just the sword and shield, weakening the effectiveness of the Invulnerability.

Hell, even the expansion of what i did to Elemental Manipulation is possible with Ainz's current PnA lol

But that doesn't matter my man. The power system here doesn't let us edit our powers to weaken them, either we have them or we don't. You can restrict abilities, but not make them weaker than stated just so they are still used, that system's not been used in like 3 years and it ain't about to be used now.

Again, you're using an entirely different thing from everyone else.

In fact, let's go down the list of descriptions!

Durability Negation; this is just wording a combination of Oryx and Ainz's dura negs better

Spatial Manipulation; outside of the wrong word in reality rather then space this is basically what Ainz's PnA says besides the scan

Extrasensory Perception; Ainz can do all three of those things

Enhanced senses; Ainz can do all of those things

Immortality Type 1; it's what Oryx has.

Elemental Manipulation; Ainz's magic does those things, albeit not all types which I can remove at will with that kinda description

Holy Manipulation; it's what Ainz has.

Necromancy; Ainz can do that. Practically word for word too.

Gravity Manipulation; Ainz can do that, the spell is called Gravity Maelstrom

Flight; it's what Ainz does

Prep, weapon Creation, and Stealth Mastery; Ainz does those things

Teleportation; Oryx does that, same range too.

Telepathy; Ainz can do that

Clairvoyance; Both Ainz and Oryx can do that, but uses the former.

Explosion Manipulation; Ainz does that

Stat amp; Ainz does those things

Summoning; Ainz does that

Homing attack; Ainz does that

Info Analysis; word for word what's on Ainz's profile

Invulnerability; can be removed lol

Non-physical Interaction; Ainz and Oryx have that

And all of the resistances are the same way, on one profile or another and 9/10 just Don't have the justifications changed

In fact, let's go down the list of descriptions!

Durability Negation; this is just wording a combination of Oryx and Ainz's dura negs better

Spatial Manipulation; outside of the wrong word in reality rather then space this is basically what Ainz's PnA says besides the scan

Extrasensory Perception; Ainz can do all three of those things

Enhanced senses; Ainz can do all of those things

Immortality Type 1; it's what Oryx has.

Elemental Manipulation; Ainz's magic does those things, albeit not all types which I can remove at will with that kinda description

Holy Manipulation; it's what Ainz has.

Necromancy; Ainz can do that. Practically word for word too.

Gravity Manipulation; Ainz can do that, the spell is called Gravity Maelstrom

Flight; it's what Ainz does

Prep, weapon Creation, and Stealth Mastery; Ainz does those things

Teleportation; Oryx does that, same range too.

Telepathy; Ainz can do that

Clairvoyance; Both Ainz and Oryx can do that, but uses the former.

Explosion Manipulation; Ainz does that

Stat amp; Ainz does those things

Summoning; Ainz does that

Homing attack; Ainz does that

Info Analysis; word for word what's on Ainz's profile

Invulnerability; can be removed lol

Non-physical Interaction; Ainz and Oryx have that

And all of the resistances are the same way, on one profile or another and 9/10 just Don't have the justifications changed
Doesn't matter.

Just use a different character from the verse it's been almost a quarter of the thread arguing.
This.

Like, jesus, I don't know how much more explicit I can get, we don't allow for powers to be edited to be weaker, and that’s not how this power system works. Ainz is still rejected by the GM. You cluttered the hell out of this thread, please just get a new character or something.

Also, merry christmas everyone.

This.

Like, jesus, I don't know how much more explicit I can get, we don't allow for powers to be edited to be weaker, and that’s not how this power system works. Ainz is still rejected by the GM. You cluttered the hell out of this thread, please just get a new character or something.

Also, merry christmas everyone.
And guess what, the powers are no longer edited to be weaker or are removed, I am not THAT stubborn, I even heavily implied I'd remove the Invulnerability anyway(which has been done), and Ainz without any restrictions whatsoever is rejected by the GM, get it right lol, and I'm sorry, unless you think Sigmar, Grimgor, or Gelt would actually be acceptable, what other characters? Unless you have one that actually accomplishes what I'm looking for.

Merry Christmas!
Just use a different character from the verse it's been almost a quarter of the thread arguing.
Ah yes, the verse that has two modes; haxless, and some kind of instant win option. And we're versus debaters, we argue all the time lol

It's also up to the GM if he wants to keep Ainz at all. He runs the game and he decides whatever character stays or not. The fact that those are the only characters you can think of that fit your theme is your problem, not ours.

We argue when needed yes, this is just derailing because you didn't like your pick was rejected.

Oh no I'm not heated, just annoyed to still need to keep explaining this on goddamn christmas. Joke's on me I guess, since it's all up to Every anyway.

Back