• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(RP) Legion of Man - Chapter 4

"Marvelous, aint she? It was built from the ground up in the span of just a few years, it stretches across a good portion of the continent. It's not very moder in comparison to your cities, but it definitely gets the job done.

He gestures everyone to get up with their hands.

There are crowds of people passinge each other, all carrying various materials and merchandise. Several floating drones swoop over head, large logs attatched to them. "Enough resting, it's busy enough as it is. I believe they're setting up for some festival or event. Either way, it's no concern to us."

Concierge pulls out a hat from nowhere. It resembles a cowboy hat, but more period and leathery.

"We've got work to do, partner. I've got a few leads ahead of time, but nothing concrete. We're on the hunt for a legendary sword of some sort. It's definitely an artifact of sorts.. but nobody seems to be able to pull it out of the ground, nor does anyone recall how it got there." Concierge fiddles with a map he withdraws from a pocket.

"It should be... somewhere outside townhall? That should be north from here. Come on, let's go see it already!" he exclaims as he begins speed-walking away.

Torlikoff said:
"If no one can get it out, what are we gonna do to it?"
"That's the fun part!" Concierge quickly adds. "Legend has it that it awaits a great hero. We're going to see if anyone in this group is qualified. Who knows, worth a shot, right?"

The hordes of people and business in your way makes it very difficult to navigate the town. There's never a moment where someone isn't stepping on your feet or bumping into you. It gets very confusing and it doesn't help that Concierge doesn't seem to care about getting there as a group.

As the group attempts to keep up with their leader, a women stops in front of Claudio's path. She has very little clothing and large breasts, and she attempts to make it obvious by puffing her chest out.

"~Heyya stranger! You're not from around here, are you?~" she asks, playing with the strap connected to her bra. "I can tell! Where are you coming from?"

The rest of the group runs into a large wall of people, gathered outside of what seems to be townhall. Concierge is stopped, staring at commotion that is going on. It's hard to understand, but you can hear the sound of steel clashing:

"Hey bastard! I didn't come all this way just to lose to a skeleton in combat. I'm warning you, if you don't back out of my way, I'm gonna blow up this entire damn city!"

You can't really see anything on account of everyone blocking your way.

"What do you think's happening over there?"

[Are you trying to give Cladio some sort of ironic karma here for hitting on Micheala? It's pretty funny if only for that being one of the most minor offenses we've committed.]

Torlikoff said:
"What do you think's happening over there?"
Concierge doesn't reply.

The crowd is already in a frenzy over this apparent confrontation. They begin to scream even louder in response to something, people now running away. There's a large gust of wind blown towards the surrounding people.

You look up and notice that there are three suns. That's... odd, but that seems to be normal since nobody is reacting to it. What's really strange is... it's starting to rain? With the suns out? You all begin to realize it isn't raining water...

It's raining blood.

A fireball can be seen in the sky. It looks like it's losing momentum though, and it's coming crashing down towards the group. Instinct is telling you to run as well, but wait... there's a man inside the fireball? It's hard to tell, but it looks like he's on fire.

As the crowd begins to clear more and more, you can see the outside of the massive townhall clearly. Exactly as described before, a skeleton is simply standing there, sword in hand. He's intently focused on the man who is on fire.

The skeleton glances down and looks at the rest of you, including others that haven't yet run.

"Do you really want to see what happens? We're kinda looking for something right now and I don't want to make any bets but they probably could kill us all really easily.

Torlikoff said:
"Do you really want to see what happens? We're kinda looking for something right now and I don't want to make any bets but they probably could kill us all really easily.
"No... look closer." Concierge urges.

You can see what appears to be a small monument behind the skeleton warrior. There is indeed a sword placed into the ground where the monument stands. It's hard to tell in the daylight, but the blade isdefinitely glowing.

"That's the sword damnit!" Concierge exclaims.

The man on fire is falling from the sky. It looks like he's going to drop in front of Torsta.

Torstan attempts to summon Jotaro...

But nothing happens. No servant is manifested in his place. Great.

Concierge kisses his teeth, "Help the burning guy you *****!" before the familiar white haze washes over his eyes. The burning guy's descent is immediately slowed, stopping him right before he touches the ground. Concierge looks away and closes his eyes, the man now touching the floor.

The stranger seems to be missing his lower half, the rest of him burning alive while everyone runs away.

The skeletal warrior turns around, no longer interested in the burning stranger, who continues to scream and roll on the floor in pain... still on fire.

Concierge takes off his jacket and begins patting the man down with it, almost immediately killing off the flames with it. He rolls the stranger over, revealing that he is actually just fairly young.

"******* hell, he's lost a lot of blood. I don't know if he will make it." comments Concierge. "Where are the city officials? They should have already intervened in this!"

Men in church and religious gowns begin making their way towards the boy. Concierge looks pissed, "It took this long for paramedics to get here? What the ****?"

They apologize and largely ignore him, bringing out books and taking prayer. It seems silly at first, but the boy slowly begins to have his wounds mend, his lost lower-half no longer bleeding.

Concierge kneels down beside the boy, "What happened?"

The stranger struggles to open his mouth: "T-they enforced a challenge for the sword... that s-skeleton bastard just showed up one day and just made it a rule."

Your travel leader looks confused, "What? When was this? What rule?"

The boy begins coughing in agony, taking a while to reply.

"That's HIS sword now... y-you beat him, he gives you the weapon."

The sword in question is still in the monument, guarded by the skeleton warrior.

He has another sword in hand along with a shield. He stands there, awaiting the next challenger.

The stranger replies: "I'm not sure. City officials can't do anything about it since it's a mutual challenge...", and just like that, the boy passes out from exhaustion. The clergy men who were working on mending his wounds take him away, apologizing to Concierge once more.

The skeleton man scans the crowd for his next challenger.

Back