• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(RP) Legion of Man - Chapter 4

ProfessorLord said:
[I have to put it out there because it affects the roleplay. Mythology is fiction, that's that.]
[Fair point, when worded like that it makes sense, but myths did bear massive effect upon the shape of society as a whole, not to mention religions as a whole.]

Wait... you can feel again.

But not really.

It's a strange feeling that you can't describe, but it's like being awake and asleep at the same time. Being... alive and dead? Born and unborn? Romance and isolation?

You do start to feel your senses slowly come back to you, but it's not the same. Your eyes slowly start to open on their own, slowly starting to process the room around you.

It's... a limousine. It's very big and long, enough to walk down an isle if you duck your head a little. It's very bougie and luxurious, the interior being made of velvet that seemingly changes colors, always keeping a deep tone in general. You don't notice nor question this though.

You're all lined up beside each other on two separate sides of the car. The windows are strangely tinted from both the inside and the outside, leaving a dim flourescent light in the center of the ceiling the only thing that is illuminating the area for everyone.

"Is this part of the travel or is this something else? It's an improvement I'll admit but I'm feelin a little off."

Scanning around the room for faces reveals that Concierge is not with you.

You hear a voice enter your head, while also echoing out loud?

"We'll wait a moment for the others to join us in a more... lucid state."

The slap causes your head to spin and your vision to fade away.

Like a slinky, it quickly returns with a jolt to your perception of reality.

"I am afraid I cannot disclose such information, nor do I believe it would matter. I am here to discuss your intentions and your consequences of your... journey."

The voice seems to be tossed around the room varying in volume, yet you understand every word that is spoken by the... man(?) clearly.

The limousine jolts as if it was going over a speedbump of some sort.

"Tell me everyone, what is it that YOU plan to do?"

"Belmont, do you really? What about family? Don't you have parents that miss you? You were forced into this by Miriam. You can quit at anytime, the choice is yours." the voice echoes.

There's then a slight chuckle.

"How can you be so certain that what you're doing will save the multiverse? What if you were only doing more harm then good?"

"I'm just along for the ride so far. I could care less, though I hope to collect a few mementos along the way.

"A thrill seeker, huh Michael? You're telling me you have no sense of obligatio? If you were to see someone getting actively raped, you would watch? If you came back and heard your family had been slaughtered, you'd be okay?"

"I do have parents that care about me and that's exactly why I'm doing this. Right now I'm doing what I think is right and that's defeating the organization trying to ruin everything. If I ever found out later that what I was doing is wrong, then I would simply atone for my mistakes by doing good instead. I can't sit back in my universe being happy knowing that an infinite amount of other people are losing their families or even worse."

"I didn't say that. I do feel a sense of obligation, but normally I'm not a brave enough person. It's taken a bit of both to push me if you want the honest truth."

"Belmont... I must war you, it is hard to turn back on progress. Once you do something very wrong, it is difficult if not impossible to go back, even if you do good for the rest of your life. You may end up harming the ones you love. Would it not be better to leave that on someone else? Make it their responsibility?"

"If we stop now there's gonna be nothing to turn back to. This affects everything, it's not something I can ignore. This is for the good of everything at this point."

"No, I'm not going to push that task on to someone else. It takes a lot of courage to do this and if someone isn't up to it, then that's okay. I'll do it so no one else will have to."

The window separating the driver and the back of the limousine rolls down. An arm is quickly extended, the fist closed and in a glove, before slowly opening up into an open palm. You can't make out the driver other than that.

"I will make you all this offer once: turn back and stop what you are doing."

This time, the voice seems to come from the driver seat. It's no longer ethereally, but still equally as calm as it always has been.

"If you accept, I will alter the fabric of reality itself. Time will turn back to before you were confronted by the personel of Miriam. You will never meet her, your life will go on."

The open hand clenches itself once more.

"If you decline, I will take you to your destination. You may think about the offer and discuss it among yourselves. This is an important decision."

Belmont and Michael feels a strange release of some sort.

"Then you have unburdened yourself. Destiny is in your hands now, and it will be up to you to shape and control it. I have made the consequences clear."

There passenger seat window rolls down, and another hand in a white glove waves. There's a female voice that accompanies it:

"Belmont, would you mind staying a moment longer after you arrive?"

Back