• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(RP) Legion of Man - Chapter 4

[I didnt though I was hoping the plasma blasts would distract him some]

[Also im sorry I ask irrelevent questions I just overthink things when there obvious and think something else is happening]

The skeleton warrior devotes all of his focus on the newcomer who picked up his sword.

Instantly, he stands a few meters away from him, a burst of air following him as he travels at extreme speeds.

He raises his sword gently, tapping it against Michael's sword as if to initiate... a duel?

He raises his sword and attempts to strike Michael in a downwards motion. The amount of force he is using is significantly less than the amount he has previously demonstrated.

He's slower as well, but still fast enough to give an athlete trouble.

I quickly dodge the blade as quickly as I can

Shit, this guy is good. It looks like he's going easy on me but I can't let my guard down at all.

[What make are the swords? That's really important at this point.]

[They're both made out of a sturdy enough material, magical in nature.]

He continues his onslaught of slashes, increasing in speed with each one. His movements become more agressive as well, and he's now backing Michael up from him.

I do my best to keep up, weaving in and out. I try my best to focus on dodging, but it's clear I have to party some or get killed.

Crap! Wait, there's something I remember about swordplay. What is it?

[I mean is it a rapier, broadsword, katana, or what?]

[They are both broadswords.]

He continues to go, his slashing getting stronger and his speeds now reaching peak human levels. It's clear at this rate, you're going to end up like that burning stranger.

The skeleton warrior looks you in the eye, expecting something from this.

[hmm]

I clearly don't have the experience to match him. Wait! I can use that to my advantage.

It's a spur of the moment thought, but it's all I've got.

A basic teaching of swordsmanship is to strike through a foe. It's one of the things a master swordsman will watch out for against a foe and counter. If I can use this to my advantage...

I set myself up for a counterattack, but it's isnt something that's a normal move. I set myself up in a stance that's a bit awkward at first glance, but in reality is anything but. I place all my power in everywhere but my sword. A strike intending to meet resistance will be countered quickly by the broadsword itself, bending backwards and firing back due to my stance and the make of the blade, allowing me to get in a brutal hit, while also allowing myself to block most of the force. Granted, it's a trick better done with a katana, or better yet a rapier, but it's all I've got for now.

I hope to God that this works.

[I'm wondering if one of the swords is Anubis, which would explain the user getting stronger and faster, but given the sword being described as a broadsword it's unlikely.]

Torlikoff said:
[I'm wondering if one of the swords is Anubis, which would explain the user getting stronger and faster, but given the sword being described as a broadsword it's unlikely.]
[No, it's because the dude is holding back]

The warrior understands. He lets the blow come in contact with him, refusing to dodge it.

It doesn't do much other than harmlessly bounce off of him though.

"..."

"I see... I can't harm you can I...."

I steel myself.

"I guess there isn't anything else to do but keep fighting."

Your opponent twirls his sword with one hand, passing it to the other back and forth.

He eventually plants it into the floor in-front of his challenger. His hand raises, gesturing towards the magical sword that is now in the ground. His presence is oddly calming.

The crowd watches in anticipation, awaiting the next move.

Without many options of defense, he grabs your hand as you reach out for it.

Your head... it's flooded with memories. His life flashes before your eyes as you gain a lifetime of combat experience, strategy and emotions. His final gift to you.

His identity becomes clear to you know. You too understand.

Just like that, he begins to fade away, his bone structure being blown away with the wind, his armor melting into the floor below. Spectators are stunned at the one who managed to beat HIM.

Your prize awaits you, the sword deeming you worthy. It's definitely not his, but it's the best passing away gift he can manage to give you.

[When you actually meant to put 10-B not 10-C... sh*t]

[PL may have been right when he called me dumb ovo]

Back