• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(RP) Legion Of Man - Chapter 2 (#2)

EASTERN TEAM

"Don't you try to provoke me!" Highway Star yells, it's disembodied arm pointing at Brian. "I'm the one in power, moron! If you don't enter the room I'll kill both of your friends... how does that sound?"

Internally, Highway Star is monologing, "Damn! I can't smell him from all the way in here, just a little bit longer... or a little bit closer!"

So, he won't attack me. Which means that he can't see nor hear me. Which leaves one explanation as to why he can sense us. I point my gun at the one on of the test tubes with liquids in and shoot them.

[The test tubes have liquids in them, right? If not, I'll retcon.]

EASTERN TEAM

Among the test tubes, there are ones filled with liquid. Shattering them causes the various liquids to spill over and pour onto the floor.

"Are you going to enter the room or not, you bastard!? I'm giving you five seconds!"

"Alright, alright! I'm coming in. Just don't kill them." Shit, it didn't work. I guess the liquid doesn't have any smell. Maybe this will smell. I take off my shoes and pull out my smelly socks. I enter the room and throw the sock across the room. Please work, please work.

EASTERN TEAM

... The purple man begins to laugh.

"You really think pulling off your socks is enough to trick this nose? Hehe, even if this entire island was a garbage dump, my nose would still be able to pick you out!"

"'
This stand has no weakness!' Once I've got your scent it's over! You'll never be able to figure out where I am in time!"

The purple man begins celebrating,"I've done it! I've taken out Solid Snake, and I'm about to take out the rest of you!"

The purple man breaks himself up into dozens of feet. The feet begin flying towards Brian at 60kph.

[To many notifications im unfollowing thread until my team does stuff so message me when western team does stuff]

"Ah, shit!" I summon Vergo to catch all the feet to protect me and hold him off for as long as he can. I pull out my assault rifle and shoot in every direction, hoping that I would hit the user accidentally.

EASTERN TEAM

Vergo dispatches of all the feet, using his bostaff to knock them into the walls. Though a strong fighter, even he lacks the physical ability to damage them.

"Y-you can't fight a stand like mine! If I have your scent you're as good as done!" says the purple man, sneezing right after.

[By now I have revealed to you the users location. Time for you to analyze, me thinks.]

[Nope. Before you asked if your character was able to realize that Highway Star was being controlled by a user, and I said no. Since then your character should have been able to realize.]

[Additionally, my last post gave you a clue about actually WHERE the user might be in the entire facility. I'll give you a clue, it's in HIS last statement.]

Jackythejack said:
[Get your mind off the allergy man. He's not allergic I don't think. He could probably be outside. Did you see the image]
[...]

[First clue for your character was that he told you you'll never find him. That should imply he's commanding or controlling Highway Star. Second clue was that he's sneezing and shivering his words. Where would someone have to be for that to happen?]

[The image included snow, he asked what causes a cold, you're in Alaska, and it's a specific MGS reference where snake can catch a cold from staying in the snow too long.]

[Not trying to justify my stupidity or anything, but how is knowing the user's location gonna help me in this fight (especially that they're outside)?]

[Really? Ok then] I order Vergo to punch Highway Star through the wall over and over again for as long as he can while I drag Snake and Harleen's bodies outside to look for another room where we can hide.

EASTERN TEAM

Highway Star is disembodied by Vergo, dozens of feet flying and literally bouncing off the walls. They all still chase Vergo, getting slapped away only to be drawn to him once more.

Brian enters the hallway... no rooms for him to hide. It wouldn't matter much anyway, his scent has already been recorded by Highway Star. "Just where do you t-think you're going?" the purple man yells.

[You are going to have to traverse to the only place where your group has been outside... if you can remember how you even got here.]

[This ^

Also, i'm pretty sure that the path back outside (assuming Standuser hasn't run off into the middle of nowhere) is a straight line and a bend]

I try to find the ventilation shaft where we came from as it is the only place I can think of hiding from. "Wake up, dammit!" I shout at both Snake and Harleen, hoping that one of them will wake up and help me.

Back