• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(RP) Legion Of Man - Chapter 2 (#2)

EASTERN TEAM

Harleen and Zombina scan the room. It looks like a lab out of a science fiction movie. The room is painted completely white. There is desks with test tubes, papers and cabinents lining the edges of the room, large computers and other machinery etc. Despite this, nobody seems to be in the room.

But something at the far end of the room catches her attention. It's a giant tinted glass tube, around half the size of a human. It's hard to tell, but there's a glowing purple object of some sort in the center, seemingly suspended in mid-air. There's a giant built-in computer operating the machinery and locking systems behind it.

Harleen starts to feel dizzy and light-headed just looking at the object. Her vision becomes blurry. Zombina appears to be suffering as well, her footsteps uneven and finicky.

The moment I looked at the object and noticed how dizzy I was feeling, I closed my eyes and looked towards the door, but Zombina didn't seem to be doing the same judging by how I could hear her shoes clipping around on the floor. "It's like I'm drunk," she said with a giggle. Of course she'd like it...

"No people here...but there's something in here. I don't know what's going on, boss."

EASTERN TEAM

The door is slammed shut, a click following indicating it has been locked. Harleen and Zombina start to feel weak, lacking the energy required to even stand up straight.

Harleen hears a whisper in her ear from behind: "You fell for my trap... you entered this room, and now you're going to die!"

Behind her stands a disembodied bald purple humanoid with decorative designs covering him from head to toe. Harleen lacks the energy required to resist him, the purple man grabbing her hair and pinning her to the floor.

"Jeez, I really hate doing this to a women like yourself. I'll give you a chance to live, but you have to cooperate, okay?"

Snake yells from outside and tries to open the door: "Harleen? What the **** are you doing?"

I feel only I had the energy to respond to the big boss guy, and if only Zombina had the energy to shoot shit, but the last thing I saw of her was her falling to the floor before dispersing. Great, there goes that chance. As I was pinned to the floor I could barely make out what the man said. I had just enough energy to respond. "What?"

EASTERN TEAM

The purple man giggles. "The legendary Solid Snake... call him into the room! Call every single one of your friends into the room. If you do, I'll let you free, okay?"

"If you don't, you'll pass out and quickly die. Once you entered my room, you didn't stand a chance."

"Well I got a lot of options then don't I?" I muttered as I attempted to weakly struggle against the man. "And what if they just won't do what I say? Not like I'm the boss or anything. You'll probably still kill me, yeah?"

What a wonderful situation I was stuck in...

EASTERN TEAM

"I'm an honorable man. If you call them into the room, I'll let you go. You have my word."

Snake bangs on the metal door, "Harleen? Are you okay? Answer me damnit! I'm about to break this door down!"

"See? He already wants to come in. All you have to do is encourage him. Call him and your other friends in, tell them you've found the key."

He tugs on Harleen's hair, "Hurry up already!"

"Ow! Watch the hair bud!" I shake my head before glancing towards the door. "I-It's okay! I'm fine I...have the key?" To...unlock the door? Yeah to unlock the door. The door locks from the inside, yeah that makes sense...god I'm so disoriented. "Just...gimme a moment."

EASTERN TEAM

Snake senses something is wrong. He stops banging on the door. "Harleen... are you alone in there?"

The purple man quickly whispers into her ear: "Don't you dare tell him I'm here. Just tell him you've found what you've all been looking for on this island."

Harleen still feels weak and lightheaded.

Snake calls out, "Harleen you better tell me the truth damnit."

"Or what? You kill me? Because if so that leaves me in a rock in a hard place. Wait...yes." Harleen chuckled. "Look I'm Fine, I'm fine. Just let me like...open the door. I just gotta...walk over there."

[Is the guy still pinning her down or what?]

EASTERN TEAM

The purple man continues to pin her down on the floor, tugging on her hair. "Just call him in! You don't need to open the door, just make him enter the room!"

Snake asks, "Then what's going on? Why did you lock the door? If you're lying to me..."

"Ow! Look just open the door Boss! It was like some security system thing or something. You're the tech guy here not me!" Frankly she wasn't sure what the hell was going on period, electronic or not, but maybe she was selling it well?

EASTERN TEAM

Snake kicks down the metal door and storms into the lab. He sees Harleen struggling on the floor, and he rushes towards her.

"Good girl. It's time for you to go to sleep." the voice behind her whispers.

Snake crouches down and grabs Harleen. "Shit... Harleen? What happened?"

Before he can recieve any answer from her, Harleen passes out and Snake feels a force punch his shoulders:

"The legendary Solid Snake! You've entered the room, which means I've got you too!" Snake dives over Harleen and turns around in response to the voice. He's greeted with a bunch of seemingly floating feet all flying towards him . Without hesitation he pulls out a handgun and fires at the feet... but to no effect. There is simply too many of them, and the feet that do get shot rebound themselves a couple seconds later.

The swarm of feet all make contact with Snake, vanishing inside of him as they do. Snake starts to feel dizzy and lightheaded, unable to think properly let alone fight back.

"You're in over your head old man! Once I touch your body you begin to lose all of your nutrients! That is the ability of my stand, Highway Star! "

Snake with his quick thinking manages to scream to everyone outside the room, "Don't come in! You'll be drained of your energy! I can't even touch him!"

The purple man replies, "Shut up and collapse already! For an old man you sure can take a beating, huh?"

EASTERN TEAM

The purple man remains unaffected by the assault rifle, as he is seemingly impervious to physical damage of any kind. Each bullet breaks him apart into feet, but those feet do not seem to be harmed in the slightest. They reform into the purple man once more.

"Come on and join the party! There's plenty of room available!"

Snake falls to the ground breathing heavily. It seems he's reached his physical limits, and he too has now succumbed to the effects of Highway Star.

[I mean, I made Snake warn you both beforehand. This is really on you. Time to see how you're going to creative your way out of this]

[No, your character does not know about Highway Star's weakness. But, seeing as how he's all verbal, there's nothing stopping you from tricking him into revealing it cough cough.]

[vergo should be able to one-shit him with no real trouble then, since he's FAR faster and hits orders of magnitude harder]

[Highway Star is likely impervious to physical attacks. Crazy Diamond's punches didn't harm it whatsoever, more just displacing them rather than harming it. The trade off to this is that the stand is relatively ********, only having an inkling of intelligence when the user is speaking through it.]

[Regardless, based on what I know and the evidence gathered, I am going to treat Highway Star as invulnerable to physical attacks only.]

I notice that the purple man isn't attacking me. "Hey, ugly! Aren't gonna come get me? Or are you just scared of me?" I try to provoke him.

Back