• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
After being killed during his rampage, mysterious forces resurrect Roy and place him in another world. He finds himself outside of Camp Crystal Lake, where Jason lives. He decides to wander into the camp, but trips one of Jason's tripwires attached to bells, alerting him.

Battle is at Camp Crystal Lake. Jason starts in his tunnels. Roy starts somewhere in the camp. Jason has 10 minutes of preparation. Speed is not equalized. Both in character. Win via death.
Jason
Roy

PS: Yes this is a late Halloween match.

So…
Jason has Regen.
Unless it’s over time, Roy probably doesn’t have any way to counter it, which leads me to believe this is a stomp.

Edit: It is over time, but not that much time. While it takes a couple hours, you have to be incapped for 24 hours to end a fight. So his regen’s not that useless.

Looking at his page, Jason does not seem to have an official calculation for his AP. I'd say he's pretty close to superhuman however.

I am well aware Roy has the raw strength advantage, but Jason is more clever, experienced, has ranged weapons in addition to his machete, has a bitter pain tolerance, and is more familiar with the territory. He also starts with 10 minutes of preparation before Roy is even aware of his presence. In a straight brawl with no preparation, Roy would clearly win because of the obvious AP gap that Jason could not overcome, but Jason has the obvious brains and skill advantages, so the set-up here is to allow him a chance to use his smarts to his advantage, since he clearly can't win against the much stronger Roy through strength alone. This is one of those brain vs brawn fights. Roy should be much stronger, but not to the degree that could keep piercing weapons from hurting him, so crossbows could still take him down.

Looking at his page, Jason does not seem to have an official calculation for his AP. I'd say he's pretty close to superhuman however.

I am well aware Roy has the raw strength advantage, but Jason is more clever, experienced, has ranged weapons in addition to his machete, has a bitter pain tolerance, and is more familiar with the territory. He also starts with 10 minutes of preparation before Roy is even aware of his presence. In a straight brawl with no preparation, Roy would clearly win because of the obvious AP gap that Jason could not overcome, but Jason has the obvious brains and skill advantages, so the set-up here is to allow him a chance to use his smarts to his advantage, since he clearly can't win against the much stronger Roy through strength alone. This is one of those brain vs brawn fights. Roy should be much stronger, but not to the degree that could keep piercing weapons from hurting him, so crossbows could still take him down.
Roy could literally one shot like a billion times over, Since he has no Calc he'll be assumed baseline and therefore be 300 joules meanwhile roy is 516k+ Joules. That's a stupid gap that Jason wouldn't even be able to scratch him. Jason is smarter yes but his fighting still is style just slashy slashy with his machete, He could land a hundred hits on roy and it wouldn't do jack cause of that 2583.2212x advantage (yes I used a calculator this is not a hyperbole) at best jason could set up a trap that will do nothing to roy in those 10 minutes

For jason to win he has to not get hit a single time cause that would result in death, Also the 516k for Roy is the absolute lowball going from the calc in his profile

Wha? Roy may have superhuman durability, but in his film he was still shown to be harmed by ordinary weapons. His own machete easily lopped off his fingers and he died by falling onto tractor spikes. Before that, a chainsaw cut him at the shoulder. Blunt force won't work on him, but piercing weapons should. Jason can use that crossbow to hit it from a distance. If piercing weapons like machetes and chainsaws can cut him, arrows should also work.

Wha? Roy may have superhuman durability, but in his film he was still shown to be harmed by ordinary weapons. His own machete easily lopped off his fingers and he died by falling onto tractor spikes. Before that, a chainsaw cut him at the shoulder. Blunt force won't work on him, but piercing weapons should. Jason can use that crossbow to hit it from a distance. If piercing weapons like machetes and chainsaws can cut him, arrows should also work.
I'm going by the profiles and by the profiles jason would need AP Similar to 516k joules to harm him which he can't replicate, Piercing would work but what's to say he'll use it, He has no knowledge that roy can one tap him so he'd just likely go for CQC

The set-up is meant to give both an easy way to defeat the other. Roy can easily defeat Jason with sheer strength, and Jason can easily defeat Roy with traps, piercing weapons, much better range, and stealth. Roy can oneshot Jason while Jason can catch him in a trap and use piercing weapons like his machete or arrows to cut him in his vitals. If piercing weapons like chainsaws can injure Roy, Jason's weapons should be capable of the same.

Roy dominates in close quarter combat, but Jason is capable of killing him through strategy. This is why I gave Jason the homefield advantage along with prep time and the knowledge that Roy is in the area before Roy knows about him. Since Roy is so much stronger, I am allowing for Jason to take full advantage of everything he can to make it more fair for him.

I guess it depends on how Jason goes about things. If he goes up to Roy in a direct assault, he's screwed, but if he uses traps and his crossbow, he actually has a pretty good chance. I see the point about Jason not knowing how physically outclassed he is, but I would like to point out that this version of Jason uses strategy much more than other versions. This can be seen in the movie with how he kills. Just pointing out that they do both have win conditions, so I don't think it's a stomp.

The set-up is meant to give both an easy way to defeat the other. Roy can easily defeat Jason with sheer strength, and Jason can easily defeat Roy with traps, piercing weapons, much better range, and stealth. Roy can oneshot Jason while Jason can catch him in a trap and use piercing weapons like his machete or arrows to cut him in his vitals. If piercing weapons like chainsaws can injure Roy, Jason's weapons should be capable of the same.

Roy dominates in close quarter combat, but Jason is capable of killing him through strategy. This is why I gave Jason the homefield advantage along with prep time and the knowledge that Roy is in the area before Roy knows about him. Since Roy is so much stronger, I am allowing for Jason to take full advantage of everything he can to make it more fair for him.

I guess it depends on how Jason goes about things. If he goes up to Roy in a direct assault, he's screwed, but if he uses traps and his crossbow, he actually has a pretty good chance. I see the point about Jason not knowing how physically outclassed he is, but I would like to point out that this version of Jason uses strategy much more than other versions. This can be seen in the movie with how he kills. Just pointing out that they do both have win conditions, so I don't think it's a stomp.
Jason would have to make a trap that can either immobilize roy which is like impossible for him because roy's AP dwarves his, And I never denied roy wasn't going to get hit I just claimed that if Roy breathes on jason too hard jason gets vaporized, And jason can't easily take down roy with piercing, its not like piercing ignores dura or something so they'd still do a little to roy. And that argument that X thing damaged Roy so if jason has X thing he'll be able to damage roy doesn't work, His Dura is street level, Jason ain't, Thats that.

But he wouldn't know that Roy can literally just one shot anytime he wants to, And Jason's fighting style is close range 99% of the time, Why would he suddenly go ranged on this one? He knows close combat is his strong suit, but he doesn't know roy bodies him there.

Yeah that's the problem, Why would jason go long ranged when he always went for close range? even with prep time, and said traps should be able to immobilize roy or straight up kill him, both are impossible for jason especially with just 10 minutes unless you give him every material in the world, Plus he's not some sort of 1000000IQ character that beats people massively stronger than him with prep time like the batman, he's just above average, An above average intelligence ain't making up for a 2280k+ Gap in stats thats ridiculous. Strategy is neat but roy isn't animalistic and Jason isn't Omniscient, They're gonna be both hitting each other, Roy can no sell jason's attacks meanwhile roy can one tap him with anything he does. Plus the strategy thing gets kinda irrelevant once its close ranged, and neither of them are really skilled they just slash people. And even if we give jason knowledge that roy can one tap him, What can he do about it in 10 minutes, If we give with the most optimal choice for jason, Lets say he goes range and has a crossbow, the crossbow arrows won't do shit to him before he manages to corner jason, He'll tank those easily due to the AP Gap, And just cause its piercing damage doesn't mean its ignoring a 2k+ Gap. I don't think you understand the severity of 2k+ times gap in strength, In some series being 2x stronger enough to one shot, and in this site you need a 7x ap gap, 2000 is way above 7

Why would the arrows and other things not harm Roy? He was shown being harmed by things like chainsaws, tractor blades, a knife, and his own machete.

"And that argument that X thing damaged Roy so if Jason has X thing he'll be able to damage roy doesn't work, His Dura is street level, Jason ain't, Thats that." What? First off, that area of text needs proofreading. Second, why? If normal characters have harmed Roy with normal weapons, why would they suddenly not work if Jason used them against Roy? The only character with superhuman tiering Roy took attacks from was Tommy Jarvis. Pam would have killed Roy with her chainsaw if it didn't run out of gas. She's just a girl. If a chainsaw and similar weapons have harmed him, why wouldn't arrows?

Why would the arrows and other things not harm Roy? He was shown being harmed by things like chainsaws, tractor blades, a knife, and his own machete.

"And that argument that X thing damaged Roy so if Jason has X thing he'll be able to damage roy doesn't work, His Dura is street level, Jason ain't, Thats that." What? First off, that area of text needs proofreading. Second, why? If normal characters have harmed Roy with normal weapons, why would they suddenly not work if Jason used them against Roy? The only character with superhuman tiering Roy took attacks from was Tommy Jarvis. Pam would have killed Roy with her chainsaw if it didn't run out of gas. She's just a girl. If a chainsaw and similar weapons have harmed him, why wouldn't arrows?
Then said arrows, chainsaws, tractor blades, knives and his own machete are street level in attack, But jason ain't, The different isn't that they're normal weapons, the difference is in the AP, If he gets harmed by a knife then that knife is able to produce street level AP in other ways, Whilst jason can't, just cause roy was affected by a knife doesn't mean anyone with the knife will be able to, the knife that injures him would've been street level then. If he gets harmed by other characters then those characters are street level, Your logic is that If a person gets damaged by something, then the person will be downgraded to the thing that injured them, despite them having shown feats way above that, If character A can bust a planet and has been said to be planet level consistently, and character B a human injures him, Character A isn't getting downgraded to Character B's level, It'll either be an outlier for character B or character B gets upgraded to Character A's AP, Not the other way around

If this is a stomp, I can make it human Jason from the original films versus Roy Burns. While most people tend to say that Roy is inferiot to Jason even as a human, I have seen some who claim he actually has better feats. Jason would certainly have the experience, but it takes more than skill to win a fight.

If this is a stomp, I can make it human Jason from the original films versus Roy Burns. While most people tend to say that Roy is inferiot to Jason even as a human, I have seen some who claim he actually has better feats. Jason would certainly have the experience, but it takes more than skill to win a fight.
Human jason is literally weaker than the jason you're using here so it'll make it more of an AP stomp

Jason don't look baseline. In fact he scales to exact same feat Roy does. Casually performed it in fact.

So they both scale to the same feat of shattering a wooden door but jason did it casually, He also has the LS and stamina advantage. I'll vote jason here

Roy was able to continue fighting after getting slash across his shoulder with a chainsaw and a knife through his thigh, Jason was able to get up quickly from getting his collarbone sliced and recovered from an axe blade slammed to his skull. I'd say jason has the advantage there
Who has better survivability? Cause thats who wins.

Jason don't look baseline. In fact he scales to exact same feat Roy does. Casually performed it in fact.
To be more specific, Remake Jason destroyed wooden planks right after immediately healing from a mutilated head (the back of his head was ripped open), swimming up from the lake's depths at impressive enough speeds to smash through that pier.

Granted, Roy's feat was also fairly casual, and I'm not entirely sure which is more impressive but they're pretty similar feats, except that Roy ran while Jason did that just by charging it from the water which would be a lot harder to do, so Jason's feat should be better.

I'm obviously talking about Remake Jason, classic human Jason has slightly better feats strength-wise.

Back