• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Round 3 of the 7-B Tournament! Sigvald the Magnificent vs Illidan Stormrage!

ouch, do you have a replacement ready if needed or do i need to grab another character

well, at least i have a few i can put in for 7-B, going for illidan

Last edited:
all right, from my knowledge Illidan goes for melee in-character, which he can contend with and surpass characters who should have more experience in melee then he is, also Illidan like all Demon Hunters can walk into a horde of hundreds of demons and come out unscathed so Sigvald and Illidan should be about even in terms of skill.

in terms of AP Illidan scales to stomping characters who upscale from Baseline, being comparable to a Pre-lich king Arthas but Sigvald should still have AP in the bag.

also even though Illidan seems ridiculously experienced he spent the majority of that 10000 years rotting in a jail cell, he only really has at most 100 to 200 years of combat experience, granted most of that was fighting characters comparable to him in skill and hordes of demons so theres that.

as for the fight itself Sigvald's morphing weapon is going to catch Illidan off guard the very first time it happens, basically if that doesnt kill Sigvald now has to deal with Fel Magic range spam which includes AOE, with Metamorphosis Illidan certainly has the AP advantage, of course Illidan's two auras are certain to throw Sigvald into his brute force rage, which will utterly backfire due to Illidan's experience, considering multiple demons enjoy trying to brute force their way through everything and Illidan basically invented the art of fighting demons, of course very little of Fel Magic hax actually does anything of note even to those without resistance to it so Sigvald doesnt have to worry about getting haxed to death, he has to worry about getting outranged and his own tendacy to brute force when he takes any damage to his face and body, also the fact that Illidan is really good at dodging attacks from characters comperable to him in speed.

basically Illidan holds most of the cards for his in-character fighting style being one that doesn't screw around, Sigvald's only real chance at killing Illidan before he is overwhelmed is when he first uses his shapeshifting weapon to his advantage, if that doesnt kill Illidan, Sigvald is going to have a tough time so much as touching Illidan when the ladder is playing keepaway due to Illidan's ranged options and ability to fly.

i think this goes without saying but Illidan's immortality and Regeneration are not combat acclible, they take years to actually go through.

This would really depend on their very first clash, as Sigvald generally sees everyone as inferior, but if he figures out his opponent can be an actual challenge or threat he takes them seriously and goes immediately for a quick kill. So if they clash initially in melee, he should be able to pick up immediately that they are around even in skill, and take it seriously (until he takes a bad enough hit that messes his face up), though I will say his sword is a separate threat in and of itself, as he doesn't actually control it's changing, it does it itself as it has a mind of it's own and will always go for wherever it will do the most damage, which does help negate some of the drawbacks of him going berserk as well but that'd still be a massive drawback for him against Illidan.

As for AP, from what I can find, Illidan scales to around 8.5 megatons giving Sigvald a small x2.2 advantage and then with Metamorphosis (as that's when he go's full demon and its the only thing he gained from absorbing Gul'dan's power, so theoretically this is where all that power is coming from) he'd be adding Gul'dan's AP to his own, making him 14.8 megatons, while still behind of Sigvald the difference is utterly neglible at this point and they can be considered even. If that's not the case please correct me.

All in all it really comes down to Sigvald going for the kill as soon as possible, if not it'd basically turn into an uphill battle for him.

Illidan scales to killing characters who upscale from baseline in like 3 hits, aka stomping, but yeah. Also Illidan probably should have a High 6-A key but most of Warcraft is in an outdated state. Also Illidan doesn't really add Gul'Dan's AP to his own, he already has Gul'Dan's AP added to his own, Metamorphosis just makes his stats higher(not six times higher but you get the point) but yeah, its basically whether or not that first Shapeshifting kills Illidan or not, considering Illidan avoids trying to power struggle an opponent regardless unless he has to, if that shapeshift lethally wounds Illidan, gg. if it doesn't Sigvald is never getting near Illidan again, which he's going to be dealing with Fel Bolts, lasers, Fel Flames and shit, and Illidan is just going to fly until Sigvald is dead or seems dead to avoid another hit from that Shapeshifting weapon, so votes?

Back