• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 7-A The Mountain King Tournament: Illidan Stormrage vs Meruem

DaReaperMan vs Shmeatywerbenmanjenson
Rules:

1-Hax in general at Mid (No one shotting hax characters example: No Death hax, No High Regen. Immortatily Type 2, 3, are fine as long as character can be eventually killed to avoid complete stomp)
  • No Summon users (1 vs 1 Fights)
  • Your characters can get all the equipment they possess (Per User demand)
  • If you wish to Quit you have the option to in the middle of the fight thus allowing your opponent to go the next round marking the end of your journey
  • If you feel like you need to use a different key for fight then as long as they fits the rules along with Attack Potency limit you can
  • Inconclusive matches winner will be decides via Coinflip
2- Attack Potency: (120 Megatons to 650 Megatons) (Willing to make exceptions)

3- Speed: Equalized speed in all matches

4- Distance: 50 meters apart from each other

5- Win: Win via killing or Incap (No BFR)

6- Knowledge: Random encounters no prior knowledge to anybody

7- Participants: Total 12 Participants! One spot belongs to me

8- Location: All matches will take place at The Demonic Mountain. This place is 15000 m high. Your character if fell from the mountain will die and you will lose the match, Be wise with your picks the land is jungle with giant sequoia trees.

(Location picture below)
(Inside View)

BlsTfNu.png

Combatants:
Illidanprofileart.png
VS
MeruemHxHrender.png

Result
Characters:Attack Potency:Votes:
Illidan Stormrage:Scales way above 248 Megatons1 (Demonic)
Post-rose Meruem:546 Megatons2 (Shmear, Noisy)
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
So what stops Illidan from ramming his warglaives in death shots? Or activating Immolation Aura to end the fight quickly?

If it's a thrown projectile with relative speed to Illidan then Meruem just dodges it

Meruem's Perceptions speed scales way above his Combat speeds to the point of blitzing himself

Also Meruem does have fire resistance though I don't know how high Illidan's heat is rated at

If it's a thrown projectile with relative speed to Illidan then Meruem just dodges it

Meruem's Perceptions speed scales way above his Combat speeds to the point of blitzing himself

Also Meruem does have fire resistance though I don't know how high Illidan's heat is rated at
No it's just Illidan doing melee lol

Nice

At bare minimum it's 6150 Kelvin since general fire magic in WoW can harm ******* like Ragnaros.

Ya know, the primordial firelord

No it's just Illidan doing melee lol

Nice

At bare minimum it's 6150 Kelvin since general fire magic in WoW can harm ******* like Ragnaros.

Ya know, the primordial firelord
Why is that how hot it needs to be to harm Ragnaros?

Could you explain why

If that's true though then Meruem scales below that at around 3000 degrees due to being able to tank the Zero hand which could vaporize stone

I could argue that he tanked the heat energy of the Nuke that nearly killed him which can reach around 7000 degrees but I feel that's stretching it

Either way, Meruem could just move out of the 8 Yard range

Which is good for him because it gives him more time for his analytical precognition to kick in

Why is that how hot it needs to be to harm Ragnaros?

Could you explain why

If that's true though then Meruem scales below that at around 3000 degrees due to being able to tank the Zero hand which could vaporize stone

I could argue that he tanked the heat energy of the Nuke that nearly killed him which can reach around 7000 degrees but I feel that's stretching it

Either way, Meruem could just move out of the 8 Yard range

Which is good for him because it gives him more time for his analytical precognition to kick in
Because Ragnaros is basically the primordial dude of Fire and magma and shit on Azeroth, so that heat comes from the earth's core, basically.

I mean if Meruem can't be hit and kites things get fun cause Illidan pushes that low hax limit

For instance, Polymorph does not lower the opponent's Durability but hitting the opponent causes it to fade

Or there's like 10 spells that directly just spawn on the opponent. And like a bazillion slowing spells

Obviously that shit won't come out unless Meruem is out here jobbing and not knocking Illidan out

Because Ragnaros is basically the primordial dude of Fire and magma and shit on Azeroth, so that heat comes from the earth's core, basically.

I mean if Meruem can't be hit and kites things get fun cause Illidan pushes that low hax limit

For instance, Polymorph does not lower the opponent's Durability but hitting the opponent causes it to fade

Or there's like 10 spells that directly just spawn on the opponent. And like a bazillion slowing spells

Obviously that shit won't come out unless Meruem is out here jobbing and not knocking Illidan out
Yeah that's kinda Meruems thing

He dashes in and just goes all offense like he did with Netero although he can get hurt in this fight

And as far as Meruem's combat ability goes he's a god at finding weaknesses in your defense and exploiting them
He can go from not knowing anything about an opponent to being able to accurately predict your next moves in a matter of minutes (And that was with him being blitzed and fighting the greatest martial artist on the planet)

Yeah that's kinda Meruems thing

He dashes in and just goes all offense like he did with Netero although he can get hurt in this fight

And as far as Meruem's combat ability goes he's a god at finding weaknesses in your defense and exploiting them
He can go from not knowing anything about an opponent to being able to accurately predict your next moves in a matter of minutes
This sounds like a fast fight, cause Illidan is dodgey and survivable as ****, and he stands a chance after Meruem has adapted to his melee

This looks even as all **** TBH

How dodgy is he?

Because Meruem is ******* RELENTLESS with attacks

In his battle with Netero he managed to jump of pillars and attack Netero HUNDREDS of thousands of times

Also another thing to mention is that Meruem in this key can shoot Aura lazers for long range which he can also render invisible with IN (Unless Illidan has multiple layers of extrasensory perception)

How dodgy is he?

In his battle with Netero he managed to jump of pillars and attack Netero HUNDREDS of thousands of times

Also another thing to mention is that Meruem in this key can shoot Aura lazers for long range which he can also render invisible with IN (Unless Illidan has multiple layers of extrasensory perception)
Walk into an army or arrow rain and not get hit dodgey

"Adapt, overcome" is what Illidan does to invisible projectiles

How dodgy is he?

Passive instinctive reaction good enough to where he has taken on entire armies of demons comparable to him in speed capable of killing him easily and was never hit once
He does yes

Id like to ask where this happens just because this is not shown on his profile and seems like a pretty crazy feat
War of the Ancients

Genius (As the creator of the Demon Hunter class and all of the skills and martial techniques used by Demon Hunters, Illidan is a veritable master of martial combat. While each Demon Hunter begins their training by personally slaying a demon, eating its heart, and drinking its blood, Illidan has personally fought and killed countless demons from every rank in the Burning Legion, taking on entire armies of Fel on his own without being touched once, with many Fel being entirely capable of killing him should he make a single misstep in combat. Even before he became a Demon Hunter, Illidan was highly skilled in combat, such as needing only a few seconds to devise a means of killing Felhounds, which devour magic and are immune to conventional magical attacks, despite him having little formal martial combat training at the time[15]. Illidan has also clashed with numerous master-level fighters over the course of his life, including the likes of Maiev Shadowsong and Arthas Menethil, with the latter noting that their duel was the only time in Arthas' entire combat history where he was ever brought close to dying[45]. In addition to his martial skill, Illidan, as with all Night Elves, is all highly skilled in stealth and infiltration, using a mix of his natural stealth capabilities and his magic to be able to seamlessly blend in with darkness and become undetectable, a trait he also passed on to his Demon Hunter students.)

War of the Ancients

Genius (As the creator of the Demon Hunter class and all of the skills and martial techniques used by Demon Hunters, Illidan is a veritable master of martial combat. While each Demon Hunter begins their training by personally slaying a demon, eating its heart, and drinking its blood, Illidan has personally fought and killed countless demons from every rank in the Burning Legion, taking on entire armies of Fel on his own without being touched once, with many Fel being entirely capable of killing him should he make a single misstep in combat. Even before he became a Demon Hunter, Illidan was highly skilled in combat, such as needing only a few seconds to devise a means of killing Felhounds, which devour magic and are immune to conventional magical attacks, despite him having little formal martial combat training at the time[15]. Illidan has also clashed with numerous master-level fighters over the course of his life, including the likes of Maiev Shadowsong and Arthas Menethil, with the latter noting that their duel was the only time in Arthas' entire combat history where he was ever brought close to dying[45]. In addition to his martial skill, Illidan, as with all Night Elves, is all highly skilled in stealth and infiltration, using a mix of his natural stealth capabilities and his magic to be able to seamlessly blend in with darkness and become undetectable, a trait he also passed on to his Demon Hunter students.)
Nowhere do I see evidence for instinctive reaction

Seems to be just greats skill

Which Meruem has dealt with before

Meruem can dodge and react instantly which can be seen from his fight with Netero is one of the greatest martial artist and fighter in the HxH verse.

But yeah, since this is Pre-Skull Illidan Meruem is not only going to have to deal with his CQC sword skill but also the problem of not being able to get within 8 yards of Illidan without being hit by AoE fire that rips out and burns his soul while amping Illidan's speed, durability, and AP

But yeah, since this is Pre-Skull Illidan Meruem is not only going to have to deal with his CQC sword skill but also the problem of not being able to get within 8 yards of Illidan without being hit by AoE fire that rips out and burns his soul while amping Illidan's speed, durability, and AP
Wrong key of Illidan lol

It's in post-skull that it can do that

Meruem can dodge out of that pretty easily and it doesn't take an extraordinary genius (Which Meruem is) to figure out that he can only use it for set amounts of time

If it's a simple attack or technique then Meruem is memorizing it after the first use and dodging it anytime afterwards

In other words if it's not a 1-hit KO it becomes basically useless

As for Illidens Buffs

They could come in handy for evening the playing field however three things we have to remember about Meruem is

1. His perceptions scale ridiculously above his Combat speed to the point of blitzing, so he could use that to help negate those advantages the buffs apply to Illidan

2. If we wanna get technical here Meruem can Amp his AP and Dura as well with Ren, Ken, and Kou, so if it ever gets to a point Illidan is actually overpowering him he could just use one of those abilities

3. Meruem can fly in this key which will make it even harder for Illidan to hit him. Though I am not aware if Illidan has some counter to this I just thought it was worth mentioning

What I do see is that Illidan is incredibly skilled in combat with dodging which while impressive, is something Meruem has dealt with before

I see it playing out like his fight with Netero where Illidan dodges or blocks everything Meruem can throw at him until his Precog kicks in and allows him to start scoring blows and eventually win the fight

Now I'd like to hear more about how Illidan's mage and hax based abilities factor in since that seems to be the only place where Illidan has a chance at taking this

Last edited:
3. Meruem can fly in this key which will make it even harder for Illidan to hit him. Though I am not aware if Illidan has some counter to this I just thought it was worth mentioning
Most of Illidan's spells in this key are ranged attacks, so while flight doesn't save him, it does force Illidan out of melee. Does Meruem have any ranged attacks to pick him off with?
Now I'd like to hear more about how Illidan's mage and hax based abilities factor in since that seems to be the only place where Illidan has a chance at taking this
His main thing here is Arcane Siphon which is listed as 6-A life absorbtion (As well as healing himself), though I don't know how effective this is in a 1v1 since the only time we've seen him use it was against groups of people.

Overall I'm leaning incon but will definitely wait to see what Reaper has to say on it.

1. His perceptions scale ridiculously above his Combat speed to the point of blitzing, so he could use that to help negate those advantages the buffs apply to Illidan
Blitzing via perceptions is not a thing.
2. If we wanna get technical here Meruem can Amp his AP and Dura as well with Ren, Ken, and Kou, so if it ever gets to a point Illidan is actually overpowering him he could just use one of those abilities
Illidan can amp his AP and Dura
Illidan can fly as well, and has like a dozen spells that can nullify flight
He has AoE magic that cant really be dodged and that freezes the opponent solid for 10+ seconds, has summons that can do the same, can cut his speed in half with an undodgable Slow spell, can paralyze him with Fire Blast, can transmute Meruem into a defenseless animal, can clone himself, etc.

Blitzing via perceptions is not a thing.
Cool that's not what I said he'd do

He'd be able to respond to his attacks since he basically perceives them in slow motion

Take two people with similar levels of power and then give one way higher perception

He'd be able to move and block according to what he see's coming no matter how skilled his opponent is
Illidan can amp his AP and Dura
This was my response to the fact that Illidan can amp his AP and Dura

Meruem can do it too excepts his amp is up to 10x
Illidan can fly as well, and has like a dozen spells that can nullify flight
Fair
He has AoE magic that cant really be dodged and that freezes the opponent solid for 10+ seconds, has summons that can do the same, can cut his speed in half with an undodgable Slow spell, can paralyze him with Fire Blast, can transmute Meruem into a defenseless animal, can clone himself, etc.
Love the fact that he was allowed in this tournament somehow

Anyways any undodgeable Meruem amps his defense for

The speed slow can be somewhat mitigated with his Percep though I'm not gonna say he's dodging everything

Also I believe I'm correct in saying all these undodgeables have a decently long cooldown?

The other stuff hits Meruem 1 Time (If that) and he adapts to be able to dodge it the next time

Meruem runs the clock for a few minutes, amps his defense when Ill pulls out his bullshit, dodges any other magic/ ranged attacks he throws out after seeing it once, and Analytical Pre kicks in and Illidan takes the L

I see this as going to Meruem High-diff due to how he'll have to weather out several attacks that are undodgable and having to chase down Illidan as well as dealing with his annoying hax

Illidan's most valid wincons is magic based shit which from what I hear is not something he likes doing in this key, and running but I'm pretty sure it doesn't take a supergenious to be able to predict where he's gonna run next and meet him there

Back