• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rose Quartz Possible Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I strongly disagree that Pink was at all suppressed. I think it's obvious, that Rose's size is her default size, from the Jungle Moon flashback. Most likely, Rose's feats are her actual top performance.

WeeklyBattles said:
Rose's size is smaller than Pink's default size though
Pink's default is roughly the same as Stevonnie, not that much difference with Rose to significantly affect her.

Well SU is notorious for its size scaling issues cuz in Pearl's memory, we see that Pink is significantly taller than her.

Gojira1234 said:
Well SU is notorious for its size scaling issues cuz in Pearl's memory, we see that Pink is significantly taller than her.
If we accept the fact that Pink is Stevonnie-sized and defective (which is pretty much confirmed by the moon base mural, being nothing like her, alone. her size doesn't help either. AND it also explains her sympathy for defects and fusions.), than it's easy to explain - Pink has to stretch in public, to look at least somewhat Diamond-sized. The size from flashback is her stretched size, not natural.

You're literally comparing her size depicted in in a dream sequence to her actual size where she's over 2x taller than pearl

I still don't get how bigger=Stronger in this thread tbh.

Since she scales from the other diamonds.

And shape-shifting is a thing too.

Shapeshifting takes effort as seen througout the series. For Pink to maintain the Rose Quartz form for so long, she must have been using a considerable amount of strength. I'm going to assume that it is for this reason, she was comparable to a Quartz during the war.

Sir Ovens said:
Shapeshifting takes effort as seen througout the series. For Pink to maintain the Rose Quartz form for so long, she must have been using a considerable amount of strength. I'm going to assume that it is for this reason, she was comparable to a Quartz during the war.
I know that, I am just saying to Tipoima that size is pretty much irrelevant, nothing about the upgrade

WeeklyBattles said:
You're literally comparing her size depicted in in a dream sequence to her actual size where she's over 2x taller than pearl
It instantly gets confirmed by Stevonnie going to the same broken window tho

Sir Ovens said:
She doesn't have to shapeshift all this time. She can just reform and not have to waste any energy on shapeshifting

Has Rainbow Quartz been upgraded, and should Rose have one or two sets of statistics?

Okay. Is anybody else willing to handle it? Also, I am still doubtful about two sets of statistics for Rose.

Although it is of course possible that Rose/Pink is not as strong as the other diamonds.

Should be buff Pearl/Rose's Sword too? Pearl with the Sword oneshot a Diamond with no effort whatsoever

Yeah, Pink was shown as adefective diamond tbh, I dont think we should just compare her on that assumption without seeing any hints of comparable power

Its implied by the size isnt it . Why make PD in the same situation as Amethyst if they werent implying that.

Plus, shes the youngest least experienced gem, who says she was ever comparable to the other diamonds

Why else is she smaller than the other diamonds? What has she done or been stated to say that puts her on comparable authority or power to the other 3. Plus the fact she was the one to betray HW, which just shows she doesnt think the same. Peridot states that amethyst is defective because shes small aswell, despite having apparent similar strength to one.

The implications...we really cant assume shes the same as the other diamonds when shes shown to be extremely different, even in authority, to the others. And of course, shes the least experienced, unless every gem pops out one day at their full maximum power. Id wait for any sort of strong feat before immediately assuming shes comparable.

Being different does not mean she shuould be automaticlally assumed to be weaker. And yes, they are at full power the moment they take form for the first time, this is blatantly stated several times by Peridot.

So a gem is unable to improve their physical attributes? K then. I dont recall Peridot saying any of that either, only stuff about the quality of their formation and the fact they already recall their purpose. I suppose Steven is at full power aswell.

And yeah, it kinda does, when your a smaller diamond compared to the others, and are treated much less seriously, we really cant say shes comparable to the other diamonds with literally nil proving hes at their power.

Steven isnt 100% Gem, that notion doesnt apply to him

We cant say she's not comparable when nothing shows that she isnt

Well...I have explained things that show she may not be as strong but ofc I get that ignored card.

But thats a bit of a flawed statement. By that logic, youre saying featless characters could be compared to top tiers simply because nothing says they arent as strong as them. Feats and statements shown when theyre comparable, not that logic.

We can only compare them if theres a concrete similarity, I suppose in this case a diamond similarity, but PD has shown to be different to the other diamonds, in both attutude, her authority, her age, her size which implies she hasnt had the same resource supply than the other diamond, which do suggest she isnt as strong. Of course this is only implications, but theres no actual statement that says she is aswell. Once again, its one of those conundrums where the proof has to be why its more likely to be this way than the other. Not actual worded proof since that doesnt exist yet.

So should we only use one set of statistics for Rose/Pink?

Id say for now, until we have more confirmation on PD's actual situation. A 'possibly higher' would probably be the best we could milk this for

So one statistics column with an "At least [...], likely higher"?

Id just leave the whole other key out for now, with the chance of "possibly higher" on the regular key.

Its not like she gets any weaker when she shapeshifts into Rose anyway.

Jinx666 said:
Id just leave the whole other key out for now, with the chance of "possibly higher" on the regular key.
Its not like she gets any weaker when she shapeshifts into Rose anyway.
Actually, it does, she has to focus her power to maintain the form as show several times by others, and considering how much different in appearence and size the form is, it likely drains a lot of her, and even after she was poofed and became Rose as standard (which we don't even know is the case) the form is not the suited for her, it's not the form she is supposed to have (just like Amethyst was doing in that one episode), thus likely limiting her from using full power, which was likely what she wanted in the first place since she had to keep up the Facade. Also like Weekly said, we cant say she's not comparable when nothing shows that she isn't, her current statistics are fine as they are.

Weekly is doing that hiding +kudos thing again. Im starting to a shot count.

We can say that, its been implied she isnt an ordinary diamond, and we can tell that by her size, which means shes defective, possibly. Pink Diamond if she was comparable to the other two wouldnt be looked down on either.

Seriously, she has nil diamond comparison feats. Just because shes a 'diamond'. Scale Amethsyt to Jasper with this logic. Why cant people wait until we see more of PD before instantly assuming shes comparable, cause the way things are looking, we honestly cant say shit.

Jinx is right, the only reason why PD is being scaled to the other diamonds is cuz she is of the same class; I would agree with left her as she is now (or was, don't remember the current state), with the possibly higher.

Jinx, you do understand that the diamonds themselves dont even have diamond level feats right? Saying pink isnt comparable due to that doesnt make sense. Neither does saying shes weaker just because yellow told her no once.

Antoniofer said:
Jinx is right, the only reason why PD is being scaled to the other diamonds is cuz she is of the same class; I would agree with left her as she is now (or was, don't remember the current state), with the possibly higher.
She just have two keys, one of them as Rose and the other as Pink Diamond.

Still, I would want that @Jinx would calm down because he is getting pretty angry, and talking nonsense such as Amethyst and Jasper.

And about seeing PD feats is pretty much a thing that I dont think will happen, at least not in the current situation.

Id also like to point out that basically every homeworld gem was genuinely shocke and in disbelief that pink had been defeated in the first place, pink is the basis for the diamonds being high 6-A in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back