• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yeah **** this then. Sasuke Genjutsus and gg. Even with the bullshit of 6th sense, Sasuke can knock him out (aka passed out) with Genjutsu.

Wanking the hell out of Zoro here

Also, no. Amaterasu isn't instantaneous.

Sasuke used it on Juubito and he could twirl his staff before it hit him.
So someone that scales above him in speed could out speed him yet again, the description of amaterasu is that whatever the person is looking at gets caught on fire juubito just has to twirl his staff before amaterasu activates.

Also yeah it was already established that genjutsu wins this anyway.

I also find it suspect that since they can hit elementally intangible people they are suddenly able to actually hit elements in general? I am pretty damn sure that is not how NPI works.

So someone that scales above him in speed could out speed him yet again, the description of amaterasu is that whatever the person is looking at gets caught on fire juubito just has to twirl his staff before amaterasu activates.
Ok and with Kenbun Zoro could put his sword in the way before it activates, go on
Also yeah it was already established that genjutsu wins this anyway.
Didn't lordgin explain why it wouldn't work?

Also, Sasuke could outrun Amaterasu for a long period of time, Ay could dodge Amaterasu but Sasuke could react to him later, and Naruto's cloak can activate before Amaterasu hits, so idk what yall are talking about

Ok and with Kenbun Zoro could put his sword in the way before it activates, go on
they have literally the same speed.
Didn't lordgin explain why it wouldn't work?
No he literally said it would win. then we went on about amaterasu for no reason.
For this thread in particular I doubt it would help much for resisting Genjutsu (They'd still be able to move around and what not, but mind control seals the deal.)

Also, Sasuke could outrun Amaterasu for a long period of time
He was outrunning the sight of a blind Itachi that doesnt want to kill him.
Ay could dodge Amaterasu but Sasuke could react to him later
He still moved far before it activated literally sasuke was firing at his afterimage.
Naruto's cloak can activate before Amaterasu hits
Naruto's cloak is not an argument as it has nothing to do with amaterasu traveling.

Also, Sasuke could outrun Amaterasu for a long period of time, Ay could dodge Amaterasu but Sasuke could react to him later, and Naruto's cloak can activate before Amaterasu hits, so idk what yall are talking about
You pretty damn know what are we talking about, don't pretend to be dumb. We get that you are an OP supporter, it doesn't mean that you have to be dishonest with us. Sasuke could outrun it because Itachi basically blind and didn't want to kill him. Sasuke reacted to Ay only when he was closer, Sasuke only saw an afterimage and the whole fight is about how fast the Raikage is compared to Sasuke's Sharingan. Half dead Sasuke used amaterasu on half dead Naruto, what's yout point?

He's not outrunning Amaterasu itself, he's outrunning Itachi's perception. Same thing the Raikage and Obito did. They either dodged Sasuke's line of sight or obstructed it.

Zoro maybe is more powerful that Sasuke, physically, but against a hax like Genjutsu or illusion creation, he have many problem, because Zoro have not resistance against that type of hax. Then, If Zoro falls in a genjutsu, he will lost the battle.( Or that I think). Also, Sasuke have a great level of regeneration that his opponent lack. Zoro's regeneration is low and Sasuke's regeneration is Low-Mid.

Zoro maybe is more powerful that Sasuke, physically, but against a hax like Genjutsu or illusion creation, he have many problem, because Zoro have not resistance against that type of hax. Then, If Zoro falls in a genjutsu, he will lost the battle.( Or that I think). Also, Sasuke have a great level of regeneration that his opponent lack. Zoro's regeneration is low and Sasuke's regeneration is Low-Mid.
This version of Sasuke lacks regen, but yes, the hax gives him the dub.

Rayliegh said himself that haki isn't fooled by mere illusions or tricky to ones eye. The eye can be deceiving which is why fighting with your eyes closed is the best solution.

Burning Fire isn't really quantifiable but the statement should be fine if it's consistent.

Zoro's resistance should scale to the large AoE lightning attack, which is 5x the surface of the sun iirc. I'm not a big fan of this myself but it's something you can argue, I myself think the easier method is Zoro's Flying Dragon Blaze which generates Blue flames, which are the hottest type of flames if i remember correctly.

So bare minimum his resistance would scale way above whatever the temperature of blue fire is, and if you wanna use the Big Mom temperature feat his higher end is 5x the surface of the sun.
Also we have this. Which was nicely explained to counter the amaterasu argument.

Also id u go read the panels where ay dodged amaterasu, u see it forming. It isn't instantaneous.

Rayliegh said himself that haki isn't fooled by mere illusions or tricky to ones eye. The eye can be deceiving which is why fighting with your eyes closed is the best solution.
Good thing Sasuke isnt just going to use illusions or trickery but has full on mind control, also Zoro would not know to close his eyes till its too late.

IIRC Sharingan Genjutsu isn't just messing with the senses and visual illusions, it can also immobilize (Cee), knock out (A), or paralyze (V1 Bee) targets as well as mind control.

Good thing Sasuke isnt just going to use illusions or trickery but has full on mind control, also Zoro would not know to close his eyes till its too late.
Haki. It's seperate from his other senses so it doesn't show him what he himself is seeing but what actually is shown. Like kinnemon who didn't know where exactly his body parts were but with observations haki he was able to run around and fight evenly with those he can't see while being miles away his torse, and legs. from Which is why people such as big mom and whitebeard can fight even while asleep. Luffy, while knocked unconscious was using coc to defend himself. So it's a complete stalemate if u ask me.

Haki. It's seperate from his other senses so it doesn't show him what he himself is seeing but what actually is shown. Like kinnemon who didn't know where exactly his body parts were but with observations haki he was able to run around and fight evenly with those he can't see while being miles away his torse, and legs. from Which is why people such as big mom and whitebeard can fight even while asleep. Luffy, while knocked unconscious was using coc. So it's a complete stalemate if u ask me.
again he can mind control him completely haki would not have an effect on that because it is not an illusion or anything like that. idk what you dont get about this. Anyway I am voting sasuke for my reasons and a bunch of others have voted too.

Haki. It's seperate from his other senses so it doesn't show him what he himself is seeing but what actually is shown. Like kinnemon who didn't know where exactly his body parts were but with observations haki he was able to run around and fight evenly with those he can't see while being miles away his torse, and legs. from Which is why people such as big mom and whitebeard can fight even while asleep. Luffy, while knocked unconscious was using coc to defend himself. So it's a complete stalemate if u ask me.
It doesn't matter it works on sensory ninja who have a sixth sense

Also we have this. Which was nicely explained to counter the amaterasu argument.

Also id u go read the panels where ay dodged amaterasu, u see it forming. It isn't instantaneous.
Yes, but, with his Haki level, Zoro only can feel the presence of their enemy, he cannot see what is an illusion and what is not.

Yes, but, with his Haki level, Zoro only can feel the presence of their enemy, he cannot see what is an illusion and what is not.
Illusions really do not work. Zoro's breathhaki of all things/ would tell him that they're fake and illusions because there's no breath to them. He can see what happens before hand.

Yeah, this could be relevant depending on what they each scale to AP-wise.
Zoro gets ap amps boost from shishi sonson & ashura. Zoro's advanced armaments gives him dura neg too.

Zoro gets ap amps boost from shishi sonson & ashura. Zoro's advanced armaments gives him dura neg too.
I need to know what they both scale to in base to determine how far each of their respective amps will take them.

The Susano'o is a MASSIVE amp over his physical stats, so it could be a big AP advantage potentially.

In any case, I don't think it matters much either way for this particular match-up since Sasuke's main win con is his hax anyway.

Zoro's Durability Negation wouldn't work against Sussuano unless he has prior knowledge. He'd have to resort to attacking it head on which he'd be able to do via Tatsumaki Attacks, Dragon Blaze and Enma slashes, Enma can cut 6-B characters.

But that's only if Genjutsu doesn't come into play.

Amaterasu is still a perfectly viable win con as well. All the example of it getting "dodged" have been countered above, and since this is a speed equalized match then it's literally impossible to pull off the requirement for avoiding it (which is to blitz Sasuke's perception).

Amaterasu is still a perfectly viable win con as well. All the example of it getting "dodged" have been countered above, and since this is a speed equalized match then it's literally impossible to pull off the requirement for avoiding it (which is to blitz Sasuke's perception).
I would really say so, I didn't see any argument above proofing it'll resist Fire-Fox style.

For example Zoro's usage of Fire Fox Style is pretty damn impressive as he can slash apart large AoE fire based attacks and his slashes reduce the size of Fires. Also from what i recall, you can counter it by removing your clothes last second, which Zoro should be able to do.

Keep in mind Zoro's Fire-Fox Style allows him to cut apart fire from a 6-B as a High 7-A.

Zoro really doesn't need to dodge it when he can just see it coming before it does and cut it. Sasuke's only wincon right now is genjustu's mind manip.

I would really say so, I didn't see any argument above proofing it'll resist Fire-Fox style.

For example Zoro's usage of Fire Fox Style is pretty damn impressive as he can slash apart large AoE fire based attacks and his slashes reduce the size of Fires. Also from what i recall, you can counter it by removing your clothes last second, which Zoro should be able to do.

Keep in mind Zoro's Fire-Fox Style allows him to cut apart fire from a 6-B as a High 7-A.
I'm not saying it'll resist Fire-Fox Style, I'm saying he won't get to cut it because it doesn't travel in his direction; rather it spawns directly on him as long as Sasuke can perceive him (which speed equalization all but assures). Sasuke can also spam it as much as he wants in this key, from the safety of his Susano'o acting as a barrier.

You not really getting the point. Haki shows him exactly where he's being targeted. And id you go back and look at any panels with amaterasu, u can see it traveling. Not once has it shown to instantly ignite on someone nd it has always been shown that it can be blocked out like obito did.

Another counter argument even if were to instantly ignite on a person zoro's swords will protect him due to his sword blocking out the ignition upon himself with the blade.

Little antifeat: Ay was litterally walking around with amaterasu covering his arm.

Zoro doesn't need to physically touch amaterasu to cut it too.

You not really getting the point. Haki shows him exactly where he's being targeted. And id you go back and look at any panels with amaterasu, u can see it traveling. Not once has it shown to instantly ignite on someone nd it has always been shown that it can be blocked out like obito did.
Him knowing that it'll land on him means nothing, because again, it's literally impossible for him to blitz Sasuke's perception under speed equalization. Not to mention, Sasuke's own precog and pattern recognition. As for Obito, he is significantly faster than Sasuke was at that point, and only countered by seeing the chakra building up in Sasuke's eye, not by actually intercepting it. Also, Obito has prior knowledge on Amaterasu and how it functions, while Zoro does not.

Another counter argument even if were to instantly ignite on a person zoro's swords will protect him due to his sword blocking out the ignition upon himself with the blade.
Not sure what you're talking about here. Can you elaborate?
Little antifeat: Ay was litterally walking around with amaterasu covering his arm.
That's a pain tolerance feat. If his arm wasn't completely done for, he wouldn't have cut it off.
Zoro doesn't need to physically touch amaterasu to cut it too.
Again, his entire body will be ignited, so I don't see what he can do here. Even if he takes his clothes off the first time, or cuts off a limb, Sasuke can just endlessly spam it from the safety of his Susano'o as many times as he needs it. All the while Zoro needs to avoid all this nonsense while somehow avoiding eye contact. Also, I didn't even mention his Susano'o arrows, which could also be something Zoro needs to keep an eye out for. Spam is the name of the game with EMS Sasuke, and I just don't think Zoro can keep up with all of these win cons that are in play simultaneously, IMHO.

And id you go back and look at any panels with amaterasu, u can see it traveling.
Against A, Sasuke's vision was on an afterimage of A, when the afterimage disappeared Sasuke's vision immediately fell on the Samurai, behind the afterimage, covering him flames.
The flames would spawn on the swords then. Spreading and melting them.

You really do not need to be faster to block it when u have the ability to know when it's coming before it occurs and let's you counter on time.

Back