• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't know much about Raphtalia. What does she start with?
Launching a Katana skill.

She has a lot more skills than what's listed on her profile, but they aren't really explained in text beyond being more powerful than her base attacks. Which is why they aren't listed.

Launching a Katana skill.

She has a lot more skills than what's listed on her profile, but they aren't really explained in text beyond being more powerful than her base attacks. Which is why they aren't listed.
I assume these Katana Skills give her like a stat amp or something? What exactly do they do?

I assume these Katana Skills give her like a stat amp or something? What exactly do they do?
Yeah, that's exactly it. Unless she's using one of the one's listed on her profile, but she doesn't start with any of those.
So yeah, they're just stat amps.

Yeah, that's exactly it. Unless she's using one of the one's listed on her profile, but she doesn't start with any of those.
So yeah, they're just stat amps.
How likely is she to use her stuff like power null and stat reduction?

How likely is she to use her stuff like power null and stat reduction?
If she could use them she would.

Problem is "Can only use a Sakura Stone Of Destiny barrier in Q'ten Lo or other places with sakura lumina trees native to it."

So she can't use Powernull, Stat Reduction, or it's Stat Amp (In which case there's a CRT which has the amp putting her in tier 7-B)

^All of that stuff comes from her Sakura Stone of Destiny Barrier.

Didn't see all that.

Then all of that is off the table. Hmmm... Precognition will help her deal with Zoro's attacks, but his fear manipulation would probably stump her there.

Going Zoro.

I don't think his fear would work tbh.

Raphtalia has resistance to illusions and Mind Manipulation.

How does that warrant resistance to fear manipulation when Mind Manipulation is an entirely different ability?
Well, it depends on the type. As listed on the Fear Manipulation page.

If it's
  • Neurological: Characters possessing this type of Fear Manipulation use Mind Manipulation and other related powers to directly influence the opponent into being afraid. It can be resisted with sufficient Resistance to Mind Manipulation

Then Raphtalia Resists; and I don't think it's Biological or Magical Fear manip. And if it's actually social influencing, then that's another topic.

Zoro usually starts with Speed Amp and damage boost with Shishi Sonson

So going Zoro FRA

Raphtalia also has both of those, and starts with stat amps. She also has AP advantage here.

Raphtalia also has both of those, and starts with stat amps
How good and can I see scan? I actually don't remember any of her combat in that anime 😅
She also has AP advantage here.
Zoro has stat amps which one shotted some who were more durable than Zoro or comparable and Zoro has Damage boost that can one shot people that Zoro can even scratch without it.

Oh... Your probably talking speed amp

How good and can I see scan? I actually don't remember any of her combat in that anime 😅
Pretty good. None of this stuff is in the anime, at least not season 1

XsQzii3.png
mjUAira.png
btvrk0w.png

^Damage Boost She literally does combos and each move in the combo string does more damage than the last one.

Her stat amp is a bunch of different things tbh. For starters, each different weapon she uses has different stats, and equipping them boosts her own stats beyond her base (AP, Durability, Speed, MP, SP ect.)

Zoro has stat amps which one shotted some who were more durable than Zoro or comparable and Zoro has Damage boost that can one shot people that Zoro can even scratch without it.
Based on that, the scaling comparison looks like this, I think:

1.7 Megs<<<Stat Amped Zoro<<<Damage Boost Zoro

Raphtalia defeated someone who could beat the Spirit Tortoise by themselves while she was heavily nerfed. As she was only at 1/3 of her base strength, couldn't use weapon enhancements, and wasn't blessed.

^And as a novel reader, I can't stress enough just how much that nerfs her.

There's literally a one-shot difference between someone with 1 weapon enhancement method vs someone with 3 weapon enhancement methods (Even at a significantly lower level). And Raphtalia literally has at least 4 by this point (None of which she could use in her fight where she was also nerfed)

1.4 Megs<Nerfed Raphtalia (No Weapon Enhancements)<<<4.2 Megs = Base Raphtalia (No Weapon Enhancements) <<< Base Raphtalia (Weapon Enhancements) < Combo String Raphtalia

If you remember the end of the anime where Naofumi and co. were fighting on those ships, the reason why Naofumi could fight against L'arc and Glass while the other heroes got one-shot is literally because of Weapon enhancement methods. It's not explained as thoroughly in the anime, though.

Based on that, the scaling comparison looks like this, I think:

1.7 Megs<<<Stat Amped Zoro<<<Damage Boost Zoro

Raphtalia defeated someone who could beat the Spirit Tortoise by themselves while she was heavily nerfed. As she was only at 1/3 of her base strength, couldn't use weapon enhancements, and wasn't blessed.

^And as a novel reader, I can't stress enough just how much that nerfs her.

There's literally a one-shot difference between someone with 1 weapon enhancement method vs someone with 3 weapon enhancement methods (Even at a significantly lower level). And Raphtalia literally has at least 4 by this point (None of which she could use in her fight where she was also nerfed)

1.4 Megs<Nerfed Raphtalia (No Weapon Enhancements)<<<4.2 Megs = Base Raphtalia (No Weapon Enhancements) <<< Base Raphtalia (Weapon Enhancements) < Combo String Raphtalia

If you remember the end of the anime where Naofumi and co. were fighting on those ships, the reason why Naofumi could fight against L'arc and Glass while the other heroes got one-shot is literally because of Weapon enhancement methods. It's not explained as thoroughly in the anime, though.
Not sure about that.. Has she one shotted someone with weapon enchantment that she couldn't do anything about without weapon enchantment? What I'm saying is when not using her weapon enchantment could she hit her opponent many times but the opponent not take any damages or scratches, and when she uses weapon enchant one shot that type of opponent?
4.2 Megs = Base Raphtalia (No Weapon Enhancements) <<< Base Raphtalia (Weapon Enhancements)

Not sure about that.. Has she one shotted someone with weapon enchantment that she couldn't do anything about without weapon enchantment? What I'm saying is when not using her weapon enchantment could she hit her opponent many times but the opponent not take any damages or scratches, and when she uses weapon enchant one shot that type of opponent?
No. That's literally the only fight post-Kizuna's World where she couldn't use Weapon Enchantment (That wasn't against Fodder/that was on-screen)

Negating someone's Weapon Enchantment in-verse is extremely rare. Only SSDB and maybe Sakura Stone Weapons can do that (Not confirmed); one of which she can cancel out halfway through Q'ten Lo, the other being something only her allies even have access to.

However, if we're to go off of other heroes, being stomped because they only had 1 weapon enhancement. That is generally how you could scale Raphtalia with full weapon enhancements.

I forgot about a hero, Raphtalia actually has 5 weapon enhancement methods.

Her Katana, Glass's Fans, L'arc's Scythe, Kizuna's Hunting Weapon, and Ethnobalt's Ship.

Zoro FRA…

I don’t see her dodging or hitting someone like Zoro who with skills can beat people with precog, instinctive reacting, crazy acrobatics and people that can FTE to Zoro… and plus has a speed amp which is a Goken

Back