• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roronoa Zoro vs Musashi Miyamoto

At the very least Musashi is looking at dismemberment if one of Zoro's durability negation attacks connect, Shishi Sonson would inflict deep damage and Rashomon has a very high probability of killing him on the spot.

Even though Oryx may as well be tailor made to shit on melee guys with his Danmaku
Ehhh speed amps, IR, and the fact that Yujiro fought it war world 2 with troops completely out ranging him and still beat them. Not saying he avoids completely but he has ways of getting around it.

Anyways Green haired swordsman FRA
Ehhh speed amps, IR, and the fact that Yujiro fought it war world 2 with troops completely out ranging him and still beat them. Not saying he avoids completely but he has ways of getting around it.
O1 has an omnidirectional wave of bullshit around him when he isn't invincible, speed amps don't help much when you are unable to get close enough TO attack much

Zoro: 8 (MonkeyOfLife, LordGinSama, Eminiteable, Popted2, Rez, Tots_Real, DaReaperMan, FluffyCreatureZ)
Musashi: 0

Last edited:
I feel like I should mention Zoro absolutely one shots if he connects an attack. Musashi is a major glass cannon
I feel like that Musashi can block his attacks with his own strikes, but as Zoro negates dura, that is a moot point.

I'd still like to see if there is any specific example of Zoro negating durability as it is stated in the profile, but again, taking it at face value...

Reading their profiles (Which is what I base myself on, as I admit being very lacking in knowledge about One Piece), the match goes depending on how Zoro goes along their fight. If he tries to simply duel him out and matching skills, Miiyamoto seems to have a very clear skill edge and a more useful skillset in that regard. Still, it isn't as clear-cut as it seems; I don't recall anyone in Baki dealing with anything quite like energy/chi/fire attacks like those that Zoro can summon with his techniques. Now, how much of a glass cannon Musashi is can be argued, he feels kinda like a Majin Buu-ish character. This can be me misremembering stuff, but I think he can survive Small City-level blows, not that far from his AP, but at the same time, he also gets wounded by much, muuuch weaker attacks. In any case, he is really more fragile than he is powerful, and that is really problematic against wide, AoE/large-scale energy attacks.

If Zoro decides to either stay afar or spam the techniques that incinerate people or outright bypasses durability, I think Musashi would be defeated without much effort to be honest. Of course, if he gets close, this becomes much more dangerous because Musashi feels way more skilled than Zoro, but otherwise, Zoro should win?

I vote for Zoro in general, but honestly, this depends on whether Zoro is one to match someone directly in a simple exchange, something that he'd lose, or if he'd rather use his powers and more esoteric abilities, in which case, he wins.

Interesting. So it isn't in-character for him to go for that from the get-go?

What about the fire attack, that burns people from inside out?

Interesting. So it isn't in-character for him to go for that from the get-go?

What about the fire attack, that burns people from inside out?
The shi shi son son isn't really out of character but it's not the attack itself that's durability negation it's that he did the durability negation with this attack as well as when near death.
I think he literally used the fire attack once in the entire 900 episode long show but correct me if I wrong. Anyway don't count on it as a reliable win condition.

The shi shi son son isn't really out of character but it's not the attack itself that's durability negation it's that he did the durability negation with this attack as well as when near death.
It doesn't require him to be near death, by Enies lobby he can use it at will (shishi sonson)

He can still use shi son son but there is no indication that he's actually durability negating. But please correct me if I'm wrong.
It is the durability negating, he was going to cut through Kaku's Tekkai with it due to it's ability to cut steel (Kaku just decided not to take the attack and used a tempest kick to block it)

Good point, well I don't see him really using it on miaomoto though since zoro can damage him normally or at least he won't use it until later.

If it isn't in Zoro's character to use them extensively, and no clear examples were provided to explain Zoro's durability negation, I feel more inclined to vote on Musashi now. Zoro seems more likely to try to get close to cut Musashi, although the energy and fire attacks would prove quite difficult...

Still, I'll wait before changing my vote.

If it isn't in Zoro's character to use them extensively, and no clear examples were provided to explain Zoro's durability negation, I feel more inclined to vote on Musashi now. Zoro seems more likely to try to get close to cut Musashi, although the energy and fire attacks would prove quite difficult...

Still, I'll wait before changing my vote.
I will say this Rashomon is just shishi sonson but the nitoryu variant and in thriller bark he did tend to start his battles with that move.

Since when was the rashomon a variant of shishisonson? And how is it durability negation like has it shown such feats?
It's quite literally in the profile, Rashomon is essentially an amped version of Shishi Sonson as it cuts large amounts of steel effortlessly.

Zoro has much, much better shown feats with his sword, Musashi actually falls kinda flat for skill feats in Baki.

It's quite literally in the profile, Rashomon is essentially an amped version of Shishi Sonson as it cuts large amounts of steel effortlessly.

Zoro has much, much better shown feats with his sword, Musashi actually falls kinda flat for skill feats in Baki.
What feats would those be?

But I don't understand how cutting steel would be durability negation. It would make sense with mr.1 since his steel would scale to his durability. But just ordinary steel is just AP.

But I don't understand how cutting steel would be durability negation. It would make sense with mr.1 since his steel would scale to his durability. But just ordinary steel is just AP.
No, it isn't and it's literally how the verse works, it's all based upon the Desire of the swordsman. Cutting through steel and such isn't done via AP in OP, it's done via skill and durability negation / effortlessly slashing.

Zoro while attacking with all his strength is unable to cut through Mr.1, and in a dying state he could cut him in half with little to no momentum. Mihawk, a 6-B was unable to cut through Mr.1's steel with a random intent because he wasn't willing his sword to cut it.

Again, it's in the profile and accepted as such.
What feats would those be?
Waiting on Baki to comment on them, but as am advent reader I can tell you immediately that Musashi’s own Swordsmanship feats aren't that crazy due the lack of any notable Swordsmen for Musashi to scale above, and even his own Swordsmanship feats aren't that ridiculous.

No, it isn't and it's literally how the verse works, it's all based upon the Desire of the swordsman. Cutting through steel and such isn't done via AP in OP, it's done via skill and durability negation / effortlessly slashing.

Zoro while attacking with all his strength is unable to cut through Mr.1, and in a dying state he could cut him in half with little to no momentum. Mihawk, a 6-B was unable to cut through Mr.1's steel with a random intent because he wasn't willing his sword to cut it.

Again, it's in the profile and accepted as such.
Ok then what about dudes who destroy steel without cutting it, is that durability negation? Or an AP feat?

That's dumb imo, so you can crush steel and pulverize it and that's normal but just cutting it is durability negation wtf.
Mechanics, they cut apart steel and such cleaning without relying on strength, Zoro had no strength left and was able to effortlessly cut Mr.1 with little to no momentum, despite him attacking Mr 1 beforehand with all his strength and was unable to cut him. Dracule Mihawk, a 6-B character was unable to cut Daz Bones simply due to him neither him or Yoru willing to cut steel at the time. Another swing with no strength and Mihawk cleaved through him. "To cut what you wish to cut and to protect what you wish to protect."

Blatantly not a feat of AP as no strength is used for Shishi Sonson and alike. It's explained very clearly in the profile, if you have an issue then make a CRT otherwise what you think is moot.

Mechanics, they cut apart steel and such cleaning without relying on strength, Zoro had no strength left and was able to effortlessly cut Mr.1 with little to no momentum, despite him attacking Mr 1 beforehand with all his strength and was unable to cut him. Dracule Mihawk, a 6-B character was unable to cut Daz Bones simply due to him neither him or Yoru willing to cut steel at the time. Another swing with no strength and Mihawk cleaved through him. "To cut what you wish to cut and to protect what you wish to protect."

Blatantly not a feat of AP as no strength is used for Shishi Sonson and alike. It's explained very clearly in the profile, if you have an issue then make a CRT otherwise what you think is moot.
Oh since it requires no strenght then it makes sense.

Back