• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

The P&A section of some Record of Ragnarok profiles aren't as good. The formatting could be better, some skills shouldn't be there and mostly missing references or scans for those skills.

In this CRT I'll be working on the profiles of Adam, Zerus, Sasaki Kojiro and Poseidon. I'll show you a Sandbox that I made, to show how the P&A section will be. I'll also talk about what was removed or added below the Sandbox link for each profile.

Please, I ask you to open the current profiles and those of my Sandbox to compare too.

Sandbox: Adam
[+] Added
+
Limited Weapon Creation (It's part of the package with merging with a Valkyrie and creating a Völundr. Also, I changed the full package explanation text a bit)
+ Resistance to Fear Manipulation (Stood his ground against the menacing aura exerted by the Adamas form of Zeus)
+ Copied Powers (As you can see in the Sandbox, I've added the abilities that Adam gained by copying the gods' techniques. Like the Serpent god and Zeus. They are as "possible", as it is not known with 100% certainty whether it stores the techniques or not. He never used techniques that he already copied, he always used the techniques that his opponent used at the time, but at one point in his fight against Zeus, he said "I like that. Thanks for the cool move.", implying that he keeps the techniques)

[-] Removed
- Reactive Power Level (The justification says that the copied techniques are faster and stronger, but the first thing is not true. When Adam copies Zeus's first techniques, we clearly see that he copied the same speed in order, so by logic the strength would be the same. The second thing I can think of is Goll saying "and to think he would top the original", but is she really a reliable source? Aside from her saying this after The Fist That Surpassed Time, something she didn't even see, and she doesn't even know what happened, Goll didn't have any information about Adam before this fight. She only has the information given by her sister, which does not imply that the copied techniques are stronger, and the information she acquires from watching the fight. And considering that throughout the fight Adam kept beating Zeus and using his techniques masterfully, Goll may have thought that Adam's copied techniques are better, but it's just Adam being very good at fighting and using the techniques)
- Incorporeality (I haven't found anything to indicate that Adam has this power, so I'm taking it out. If anyone disagrees with this removal, just send the scans that prove that Adam has this power)
- Time Manipulation (The only reason I've found for him to have this is Fist that Surpassed Time. And I'm pretty sure this isn't time manipulation, considering the technique only increases the user's speed and doesn't stop time or anything. Someone could say that it increases the user's speed through time manipulation, but there is not much basis for this. And about the things that make reference to time, I'll talk about them.

1- "It was created by the personification of time" - See the profile of Zeus, Chronus is the Guardian of Space-Time and not the personification of time. So he is not so intimate with time.

2 - "The technique's name" - Originally it had no name, it was said that Zeus named this technique at his will, so its name isn't really a big argument, considering we see that it doesn't surpass time. Zeus immeasurable speed when?

3 - "The technique was said to exert control over all the time" - Yes, it was SAID. So it's not exactly a fact, besides we see that that's not what happens)

[^] Exchanged
^ Afterimage Creation (This ability wasn't completely removed from the profile, but the justification for it now comes from a technique that Adam copied from Zeus. But why that? Because the actual justification used is not afterimages, it's just an artistic effect to show Adam dodging several attacks on one page)

Sandbox: Zeus
[+] Added
+ Resistance to Fear Manipulation (Unaffected by the menacing aura exerted by Odin at his side)
+ Statistics Amplification (By compressing his muscles to the limit, Zeus enters his Adamas form and greatly increases his power)
+ Damage Boost (Added joins "Limited Energy Manipulation", as Zeus concentrates all of his power in his hand)

[-] Removed
- Size Manipulation (I saw that to have this, it is necessary to increase and decrease the size while maintaining the physical proportion. Zeus manipulates his muscles to gain more mass, as well as grow taller. I think the way Zeus changes forms is more suited to "Body Control", as you can see further down in the "Exchanged" section. If I'm wrong, let me know)
- Time Manipulation (The same reason as Adam)
- Creation (This comes from just one statement by Heimdall. Honestly, other than just having this source, nothing in the manga other than that part, hinted at Zeus having these powers, at least as far as I remember. Also, the whole presentation of Zeus was extravagant and Heimdall used terms like "Almighty and Omniscient" to refer to Zeus, so his comment of Zeus using the powers of creation might be hyperbole. If anyone disagrees, I'm fine with not removing it and leaving "Possibly")

[^] Exchanged
^ Biological Manipulation exchanged for Body Control (I think Body Control fits better Zeus' ability)
^ Air Manipulation exchanged to Limited (The only thing I've found that could give Zeus this power is the gust of wind generated by his God Axe. I'll put it as Limited since it's just a strong gust of wind generated by the power of the technique)

Sandbox: Sasaki Kojiro
[+] Added
+
Limited Power Mimicry (Through scanning and simulation, Kojiro fought to the death several times against the master swordsmen he faced, until their techniques were etched into his body)
+ Genius Intelligence (Looking at Kojiro's skills, you can see why this skill is here. Even so, I added a justification also in the skill to not be empty. --->"Able to analyze and process several pieces of information at the same time and use it to learn about your opponent as well as recreate it in your mind and create battle simulations against it")

[-] Removed
- Martial Arts (As stated on the page, this ability is given to only those who possess remarkable skill in unarmed combat. Kojiro has never demonstrated unarmed fighting skills, only skills with his katana)
- Stealth Mastery (I didn't see anything on the Stealth Mastery page that fits the "attack an enemy blind spot" feat. Kojiro is in front of his enemy, but with the technique he can hit an enemy's blind spot. If this fits Stealth Master just let me know)

[^] Exchanged
^ Limited Illusion Creation exchanged for Limited Perception Manipulation (I think this ability fits best for what Kojiro did)

Sandbox: Poseidon
[-] Removed
- Precognition/Analytical Prediction ( [Look this] - At the top is the translation that is usually used and at the bottom is the raw along with the translation. As you can see, there's nothing to "read" anything. Poseidon just attacked in Kojiro's blind spot. If Korijo keeps the Stealth Mastery I'm also removing, Poseidon may also qualify for that skill)
- Extreme Pain Tolerance (From what I've seen, this is no longer considered a skill to be in the P&A section)

Finalization
As you can see, in addition to many changes, there were many scans to put (I know there can be many, I have this habit, but the more sources the better, right?).

If I've added, removed, or changed any skills in the Sandbox that aren't listed here, let me know. And if the opposite happens, that a skill listed here is not in line with the Sandbox, let me know too.

Last edited:
I would say time manipulation stays or even a possibly rating, do to the nature of the series like this, stuff like "it is said that it does so and so" is just general verbiage used to directly say it does do it. Furthermore we see everything go black and freeze in time as he does the move and this is more explicit in the anime version where once zeus is knocked out the ticking of time goes to normal.

Again it's how these types of series work with their law dumps as character fight for 5 chapters and are moved on from

Something like
"Time manip/possibly time manip: The TFTST is said to exert control over time and seemingly stops time. Furthermore the animes ticking of time is returned normal after zeus is knocked out suggesting its affects on time"

I would say time manipulation stays or even a possibly rating, do to the nature of the series like this, stuff like "it is said that it does so and so" is just general verbiage used to directly say it does do it.
What was said is that "the mere mention of the name of the technique, exerted control over all time. So if you want to take into account that what is said is true, then just saying the name of the technique makes it happen or control all time.

Furthermore we see everything go black and freeze in time as he does the move and this is more explicit in the anime version where once zeus is knocked out the ticking of time goes to normal.
You know, when someone moves that fast it's obvious that everything around them will seem to be in time. Mainly when we have he accepted this technique having possibly infinite speed. And about the ticking stopping, besides being something from the anime that is something secondary. Infinite speed does things in 0 time, so it doesn't have to be something that stops time.

And this "darkness" matters little. When we see Zeus activate the technique and move towards Adam, this darkness only envelops everything when Zeus is already advancing towards Adam and is halfway there. But we know from Ares that when Zeus raised his fist, it all happened.

If darkness were something to show how time stands still, beings like Ares should have seen Zeus advance against Adam, since darkness only started and covered everything when Zeus was already halfway there.

Also, that thing about Zeus falling and everything going back to normal got a little retcon a chapter later. Logically, the next thing everyone should see is Zeus lying on the ground, but Ares mentioned that the next thing he saw was this scene. And just as a basis for this retcon, this also happens in the anime. At the beginning of the next episode things are already back to normal when Zeus takes the punch.

So getting too attached to the look of the technique isn't good, considering it's not consistent with what actually happens.

Time manip/possibly time manip: The TFTST is said to exert control over time and seemingly stops time. Furthermore the animes ticking of time is returned normal after zeus is knocked out suggesting its affects on time"
If TFTST's power is apparently to stop time, then all the MFTL+ speed that Adam and Zeus have due to it should be placed as possible/probable. And if we consider that he only stops time, they shouldn't even have that speed.

When I posted the CRT I called a staff member who had already read the manga. I'll wait for his opinion on that aspect.

Depending on which way the discussion goes, a "possibly Time Manipulation (TFTST apparently affects time)", or something along those lines, maybe it can work.
------------------------------------

That aside, what do you think of the rest of the changes?

And this "darkness" matters little. When we see Zeus activate the technique and move towards Adam, this darkness only envelops everything when Zeus is already advancing towards Adam and is halfway there. But we know from Ares that when Zeus raised his fist, it all happened.

If darkness were something to show how time stands still, beings like Ares should have seen Zeus advance against Adam, since darkness only started and covered everything when Zeus was already halfway there.

Also, that thing about Zeus falling and everything going back to normal got a little retcon a chapter later. Logically, the next thing everyone should see is Zeus lying on the ground, but Ares mentioned that the next thing he saw was this scene. And just as a basis for this retcon, this also happens in the anime. At the beginning of the next episode things are already back to normal when Zeus takes the punch.
Not really, since nothing changes but aight. Unless you think Ares seeing Zeus head backwards and fall is contradictory to something???

So getting too attached to the look of the technique isn't good, considering it's not consistent with what actually happens.
Its not just looks, its a author statements that states to Zeus manipulating time to which we see him charge up a energy of in his fast cause light to fade into darkness around him, with him charging sending a wave of energy that completely freezes everything around while also grant Zeus insane speeds. Can't get more spoon fed than that.

If TFTST's power is apparently to stop time, then all the MFTL+ speed that Adam and Zeus have due to it should be placed as possible/probable. And if we consider that he only stops time, they shouldn't even have that speed.
No. It can be time stop and a speed increase, its not limited to just one, we literally see it allow Zeus to perform an attack 10e-20 while simultaneously affect time. Its not to far fetched to say it does both when it shows it does, plus wouldn't be the first time for something like this to happen in fiction.

TFTST should be outright infinite speed, get rid of this MFTL+ cringe

Most of these are good, just like in the other thread, though I do have a few nitpicks.

The first thing is actually separate from this thread.
I believe all humans should have Multiple Selves types 2 and 3, since their valkyrie is part of them both physically and spiritually.

Adam

Everything is fine, and while I do agree that some visuals do relate to common elements used to display Time Stop feats, there's just no solid evidence of it. All of Zeus's jab techniques are meant to increase speed, and a punch that "surpasses time" is simply its natural peak.

Adam's Technique Mimicry could also use scans and details, unless you want to leave it for the NA&T section, since it should feature scans of him copying Zeus's techniques, which even increase speed.
Also, I don't quite remember if Adam retains the techniques he copies. If he does, he should at least have bodily weaponry for copying the serpent's claws and limited speed amp after Zeus's jabs.

Also, I disagree with him having afterimages, since drawing multiple copies of the character is an extremely common way to portray rapid movements in comics, and nothing hints to them being actual afterimages.

Zeus

These are also fine, though I believe he could have lmited speed amp, since his jab techniques do increase in speed, but such amp appears to be limited to the execution of the jabs themselves.
I want to point out that retaining physical proportions isn't a requirement for size manip, but in this case it matters little, since Body Control encompasses all that is needed.
Also, Zeus's Adamas Form should count as either Damage Boost, since his power gets condensed as a result of the transformation.

Sasaki

It was about time, his current profile doesn't do any justice to how bonkers his abilities are (even though it's sort of a lazy trope nowadays tbh).
Anyway, everything here is fine as well, striking blind spots is just skill, not stealth mastery.
Also, Sasaki should have Extraordinary Genius intelligence and the reason is self-explanatory.
His illusion creation could be traded for limited Perception, since it's pretty much the same thing 90% of Baki characters do (especially Musashi, neat coincidence, right?)

I'm out of irl time, so I'll talk about Poseidon later, but know I don't have much to say.

Most of these are good, just like in the other thread, though I do have a few nitpicks.

The first thing is actually separate from this thread.
I believe all humans should have Multiple Selves types 2 and 3, since their valkyrie is part of them both physically and spiritually.
Since I'm busy with this CRT right now, I can ask Sparkive to do it.

Adam

Everything is fine, and while I do agree that some visuals do relate to common elements used to display Time Stop feats, there's just no solid evidence of it. All of Zeus's jab techniques are meant to increase speed, and a punch that "surpasses time" is simply its natural peak.

Adam's Technique Mimicry could also use scans and details, unless you want to leave it for the NA&T section, since it should feature scans of him copying Zeus's techniques, which even increase speed.
Also, I don't quite remember if Adam retains the techniques he copies. If he does, he should at least have bodily weaponry for copying the serpent's claws and limited speed amp after Zeus's jabs.

Also, I disagree with him having afterimages, since drawing multiple copies of the character is an extremely common way to portray rapid movements in comics, and nothing hints to them being actual afterimages.
So you're agreeing to remove the time manipulation?

I don't know how we treated it, Adam always used the techniques that the enemy used at the time. Even when Zeus Adamas used weaker techniques that weren't the TFTST's or the true right of the gods, Adam kept copying her instead of using the stronger ones. I think the only hint at him hoarding the techniques is him saying "Thanks for the cool move" after TFTST's .

I don't know if this requires a CRT or not, but if it's accepted, I think you can put things like limited air manipulation and afterimages through Zeus techniques, since Adão copies them perfectly.

If it doesn't store the techniques I can remove the post images, if it has them. I can put the justification of the afterimage with him copying Footwork from Zeus.

Zeus

These are also fine, though I believe he could have lmited speed amp, since his jab techniques do increase in speed, but such amp appears to be limited to the execution of the jabs themselves.
I want to point out that retaining physical proportions isn't a requirement for size manip, but in this case it matters little, since Body Control encompasses all that is needed.
Also, Zeus's Adamas Form should count as either Damage Boost, since his power gets condensed as a result of the transformation.
Then I can add this. When to do this I mark you.

Sasaki

It was about time, his current profile doesn't do any justice to how bonkers his abilities are (even though it's sort of a lazy trope nowadays tbh).
Anyway, everything here is fine as well, striking blind spots is just skill, not stealth mastery.
Also, Sasaki should have Extraordinary Genius intelligence and the reason is self-explanatory.
His illusion creation could be traded for limited Perception, since it's pretty much the same thing 90% of Baki characters do (especially Musashi, neat coincidence, right?)
About intelligence, I don't know much about it.

I think perception makes sense, I remember the lich from Adventure Time doing pretty much the same thing only on a larger scale and being perception manipulation.

Ok I'm back, Poseidon's fine, nothing to say about him aside from him being the most boring character in RoR
I even feel sorry for Poseidon when I compare his profile with Kojiro's.

Since I'm busy with this CRT right now, I can ask Sparkive to do it.
Hey!
Although yes, I can take care of it
would this be okay?
Multiple Selves (types 2 and 3; their valkyrie is part of them both physically and spiritually)

I wanted to add it in the same line that all humans have about the Volunt: [Some variant of "Limited Weapon Creation, Fusionism and Soul Manipulation (With _____, The human combatants fuse their being with the Valkyries into one, including their souls)"],
but since the types are put inside the parentheses the explanation would be damaged

Hey!
Although yes, I can take care of it

would this be okay?
Multiple Selves (types 2 and 3; their valkyrie is part of them both physically and spiritually)

I wanted to add it in the same line that all humans have about the Volunt: [Some variant of "Limited Weapon Creation, Fusionism and Soul Manipulation (With _____, The human combatants fuse their being with the Valkyries into one, including their souls)"],
but since the types are put inside the parentheses the explanation would be damaged
See what I did in tesla's profile with subjective reality. I just put it in parentheses.

But I think this part should be more detailed.

It talks about the merger, but not them turning weapons either.

You can put it after the first sentence "after the fusion, the minds and souls of the Valkyries are part of their user, while their body transforms into the weapon that best suits it"

Something like that. In the case of tesla, put this before the explanation of his valkyria bringing something to reality, because that's almost the special thing about this valkyria (at least that's what is accepted)

I have many problems here, I will see if I can comment later, but do you plan to downgrade the verse? Because everyone scaling to Zeus is pathetic

I have many problems here, I will see if I can comment later, but do you plan to downgrade the verse? Because everyone scaling to Zeus is pathetic
Everyone scales to Zeus in speed, because Ares, a god who is weaker than everyone else in ragnarok, doesn't find the speed of blows even to the divine ax impressive (which is where the FTL calculation comes from)

So if everyone from Ragnarok has the same ability as Ares, it's a big thing pretty much every god is impressed by the speed of humans at some point and still manages to keep up with them.

A more direct scale is Ares being impressed by the speed of some, like Poseidon or Tesla.

Everyone scales to Zeus in speed, because Ares, a god who is weaker than everyone else in ragnarok, doesn't find the speed of blows even to the divine ax impressive (which is where the FTL calculation comes from)

So if everyone from Ragnarok has the same ability as Ares, it's a big thing pretty much every god is impressed by the speed of humans at some point and still manages to keep up with them.

A more direct scale is Ares being impressed by the speed of some, like Poseidon or Tesla.
I agree with speed, I'm talking about AP

See what I did in tesla's profile with subjective reality. I just put it in parentheses.

But I think this part should be more detailed.

It talks about the merger, but not them turning weapons either.

You can put it after the first sentence "after the fusion, the minds and souls of the Valkyries are part of their user, while their body transforms into the weapon that best suits it"

Something like that. In the case of tesla, put this before the explanation of his valkyria bringing something to reality, because that's almost the special thing about this valkyria (at least that's what is accepted)
ok, but in which case don't forget to update Adam and Sasaki's sandboxes to reflect this

I'm pretty sure most of the scale comes from Thor and the rest is just support. But that is a subject for discussion later.
Thor is stated to be 5-B
Later is scaled to Zeus for obvious reasons
And then everyone started to be 5-B because Hércules is said to be somewhat equal to Zeus

But yeah, thats for another thread

For when you're back:
I don't touch Buddha's profile, right? I don't remember almost anything about their fight
Like this? Buddha turned volund with Zero (or at least the part of him that was alive), so he must have the same things.

Don't mind if it gets messy (as it is right now). Someday I'll get to it to improve the P&A section.

So you're agreeing to remove the time manipulation?
Yes

I don't know how we treated it, Adam always used the techniques that the enemy used at the time. Even when Zeus Adamas used weaker techniques that weren't the TFTST's or the true right of the gods, Adam kept copying her instead of using the stronger ones. I think the only hint at him hoarding the techniques is him saying "Thanks for the cool move" after TFTST's .
We might put is as a possibility

If it doesn't store the techniques I can remove the post images, if it has them. I can put the justification of the afterimage with him copying Footwork from Zeus.
Those can stay anyway to show the amount of things he can copy

About intelligence, I don't know much about it.
His mental prowess is blatantly beyond human limits, so it shouldn't be an issue

would this be okay?

Yes, just add the scans where they explain how Volundr works.

Adam

I put the abilities given by the techniques that Adam copied in the P&A as "possible".

The post-images I removed and put in "Zeus Footwork"

I think that later it will be necessary to have a Note on Adão's profile saying why there is "possible" in the copied techniques. And to say that I don't know knows with 100% certainty if he keeps the techniques to use whenever he wants or not.
Zeus

I don't think it has a speed amp. Heimdall said that the combo was increasing in speed, but he said that the combo only ended when Zeus used the Divine Ax. With each attack/technique Zeus increased his speed, so I think he was simply doing this to test Adam.

I don't know if Damage Boost fits because of that. Maybe along with limited energy manipulation, but still, I don't think so.

Sasaki

I traded the illusion thing for perception.

As for Extraordinary Genius, I couldn't think of a good sentence to put in the justification, so if you can help me.
--------------------------
Current Sandbox

It is currently like this. Of the things I plan to change in the profile after this brief discussion, I think this is about it.

All that's missing is justification for Sasaki's genius.

So I'm going to change the Op for these recent changes.

For when you're back:
I don't touch Buddha's profile, right? I don't remember almost anything about their fight
Have you put it in the profiles? I mean, a staff member agreed to it, but it can be put in without a CRT.

If so, put it in Adam and Sasaki's profiles too, then I just update the Sandbox and I don't need to put the justification in the "Added" section of this CRT since it would already be accepted.

I don't think it has a speed amp. Heimdall said that the combo was increasing in speed, but he said that the combo only ended when Zeus used the Divine Ax. With each attack/technique Zeus increased his speed, so I think he was simply doing this to test Adam.
I always considered his techniques as speed amps since he isn't fighting at FTL/Infinite speed all the time, or at least doesn't seem so, since achieving such speeds was seemingly regarded as unique to those specific attacks.

I don't know if Damage Boost fits because of that. Maybe along with limited energy manipulation, but still, I don't think so.
Either that or stat amp, for the simple fact that he gets "stronger" by concentrating his muscle mass.

As for Extraordinary Genius, I couldn't think of a good sentence to put in the justification, so if you can help me.
You can just make a quick reference to his mental skills and leave the most of the explanation to the P&A.

And "transformation"? Does it fit?

If not, I think stat amp serves better.
Based on transformation description it would be both since he's in a sense transforming himself through an external power-up (i.e him compressing himself and not naturally doing) and also gets a stats boost too from it...

Maybe best case "limited Transformation and stat Amp (Is able to transform his body by compressing his flesh and muscles which grants a boost to his strength and ability)

Saman do be making sense.

I disagree with transformation, it would be more like limited Body Control.
Control of basic functions - allows you to control the basic functions of the body. Including: control body temperature, change the tone of voice, to enhance the senses, increasing the efficiency and strength of muscles, heal damage and even in some regeneration

Speaking of which, I think Damage Boost is included along with Limited Energy Manipulation. I was looking at some examples and I think focusing your power on the attack counts as Damage Boost.

Have you put it in the profiles? I mean, a staff member agreed to it, but it can be put in without a CRT.

If so, put it in Adam and Sasaki's profiles too, then I just update the Sandbox and I don't need to put the justification in the "Added" section of this CRT since it would already be accepted.
Done

I always considered his techniques as speed amps since he isn't fighting at FTL/Infinite speed all the time, or at least doesn't seem so, since achieving such speeds was seemingly regarded as unique to those specific attacks.

Either that or stat amp, for the simple fact that he gets "stronger" by concentrating his muscle mass.

You can just make a quick reference to his mental skills and leave the most of the explanation to the P&A.
You can add it for further justification for his body control, but yeh
Alright, I've made the changes to the OP and the Sandbox as a result of recent discussions.

So I ask you to please review the OP and the Sandbox, and re-evaluate again.

Let me know if something listed in the OP is not in the Sandbox or if something in the Sandbox is not listed in the OP.
---
Lephyr, I ask that if you can, please further evaluate the Time Manipulation that is being removed, as it seems to be the most controversial subject and is quite up to interpretation.

Was planning to revise Sasaki's profile myself but ig someone else got to it before me.

Saman makes sense to me.
I put some of the things he said, as well as additional things like the stat amp and damage boost on Zeus, as I figured I could put both.

I didn't put the speed amp in Zeus' techniques because I just think it's just him increasing his speed to test Adam, since with each hit, regardless of the technique, the speed increased. Also, I don't think it makes sense for the most powerful god to date to take so long to reach everyone's base speed in ragnarok.

If you can, could you tag the staff members above to see how the OP and Sandbox changes turned out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back