• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rohan Kishibe vs. Medaka Kurokami: OP Battle Royale

She's no faster outside of her stopped time? Then why are people saying she uses AF and blitzes if she's no faster outside of her stopped time?

No idea where this question is coming from so I can't respond to that.

Okay then how does she blitz?

In series we only ever see it from the view of the outside, so it appears to be a speed amp but is not actually. People are saying she "blitzes" as short hand, but if they actually believe she is literally speed blitzing they are wrong. From Medaka's perspective and in actually, it is no different from DIO donut-ing Kakyoin in time stop.

Because part of your reason was that someone resisting time stop could not resist her time stop.

Blitz is a short hand, because they use it for something similar, but in reality it is DIO going in time stop to stick his fist through Kak's stomach. From the outside perception it may seem to be a speed amp or teleportation, which iirc the latter was actually a guess for what The World was before Kak figured it out, in in reality it is just time stop.

Can we all agree that if Rohan gets Heaven's Door off, he basically wins due to restricting Medaka's abilities and All Fiction like he did Janken Boy's stand?

What kind of U-Turn is this? I never saw it cominggggggg~, this must be the last surprise.

Heaven's Door can send commands without Rohan needing to write. However, he can't turn pages if he can't touch.

I think this "Is Medaka's time erasure a speed amp" question needs a broader community discussion rather than just being in this thread.

Anyone wanna make it?

There was a great talk, and it was determined that Time Stop is fine to use to win against a usually faster target. People just didn't like the unconventional method of her time stop

I'd also like to mention that I'm pretty sure we never see Medaka use AF to erase her own time, even when in pretty rough situations involving her friends, like when fighting Joutou.

Agnaa said:
I'd also like to mention that I'm pretty sure we never see Medaka use AF to erase her own time, even when in pretty rough situations involving her friends, like when fighting Joutou.
She uses it in the gauntlet arc and a few other times, but she mostly doesn't use her abnormalities during the unknown shiranui arc because they are A) broken and B) she needed to practice her style

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Agnaa said:
She uses it in the gauntlet arc and a few other times, but she mostly doesn't use her abnormalities during the unknown shiranui arc because they are A) broken and B) she needed to practice her style
Doesn't that favor Rohan, then, since she's less likely to blitz from the start?

What the only time she doesn't use it is if she's reforming someone or against iihiko She didn't use it to blitz style users because she needed to learn how to use one to fight iihiko

@PixelKirby

No, in that context I was explaining the specific scenarios in the late series for why she didn't use her time stop blitz. Those do not apply to Rohan.

Gauntlet arc??? I couldn't find this one on the wiki.

Could you give me a chapter number for at least one of these? I thought most times she speed blitzed it was just because she was naturally faster.

The only fights she had after getting all fiction that I can remember were

1st fight with iihiko

Fight with style users to learn their styles

2nd fight with iihiko

The fight against everyone else in the series at the school and in that she definitely used it

Also by gauntlet arc I think he means the bouquet toss to the future arc

Paul Frank said:
The only fights she had after getting all fiction that I can remember were

1st fight with iihiko

Fight with style users to learn their styles

2nd fight with iihiko

The fight against everyone else in the series at the school and in that she definitely used it

Also by gauntlet arc I think he means the bouquet toss to the future arc
Huh, I'm surprised it took her that long to get All Fiction.

I'm reading bouquet toss to the future arc now.

@Agnaa

They have it listed under another name. Gauntlet arc is a nickname for it. The Hundred Flower Run is what I am refering to

I mean, its the same issue with Kumagawa. Of all the times they do it, it is usually not explained how, but then they actually reveal that it is done via erasing time. Presumably sometimes it is done just because she is faster, but that motion in general is explained to be done via erasing time. Due to the nature of it being a manga, it will be hard to tell the difference, but more often it will be via time erasure

I get that she could use it but you're saying "She'll definitely use it if she's not trying to reform" when it's never stated that she does. The only reason we know she can do it is because Kumagawa was implied to be able to do it using AF, and Medaka has AF.

"Presumably sometimes it is done just because she is faster, but that motion in general is explained to be done via erasing time."

What do you mean by this? Where are Medaka's movements explained to be done via erasing time?

Completely unrelated but if iihiko was to be allowed in versus matches If he was given a solid tier because after rereading there really aren't as many inconsistencies with him and ajimu as the profiles make it seem would he have resistance to any skills showcased by ajimu, medaka, kumagawa the elites

Like electricity manip, EE, heat manip ice manip etc

The action of:

>Alot of enemies in front of me

>All are ready to fight

>jump forward one action or panel

>they are all defeated behind them

That was explained to be done via erased time. This is how the author explains Kumagawa and her being able to "blitz" comparable enemies. If the enemies are slower, well then it is possible that she did it via raw speed, but if they are comparable to her, then it is likely done via erased time

It doesn't necessarily have to be a speed blitz. Medaka destroyed the moon, those characters are almost never above city-block level. She can one-shot them easy, even if they're a comparable speed.

You even see her simply one-shot Zenkichi in a panel.

The empasis is less on that she can one shot them, but that she does it with a single or no motion. When she is fighting an enemy that cannot be simply blitzed and won, you can see her using different forms, sometimes even out of respect.

Yeah, but that's not an issue of speed. She also has the advantage of hax as well.

There is almost no implication that she did it purely with a single or no motion. That happens when fighting the fodder characters at the end of chapter 187/start of chapter 188, but with that she activates end god mode, and THAT is called her "final trump card" that let her do it.

13 party, gagamaru/shibuki, committee heads, and the parents and teachers are fought off-screen, but it isn't implied that it was one fell swoop, the battle was about to happen and it cut to her walking to the next one.

When fighting Zenkichi, and when fighting the Shiranui family, they were done on-screen and she seemed to be moving at a normal speed. With no indication that she erased her own time.

I'll keep reading to see if any of the later fights imply she erased her speed, but so far I'm seeing nothing.

EDIT: I read through all her fights in that arc, there's no indication of her erasing her own time anywhere.

My notes
187, pages 15-17, one-shots Zenkichi in base

187 page 19 & 188 pages 4-5, uses end god mode to fight fodder and it's called her "final trump card"

188, page 8, 13 party was fought off-screen

188, page 10, gagamaru and shibuki are fought off-screen

188, page 12, committee heads are fought off-screen

188, page 16, parents and teachers are fought off-screen

188, page 18 & 189, pages 3-6, shiranui family was fought on-screen, no indication that Medaka erased her own time

189, page 12, style users are fought off-screen

189, page 15, all student council generations are fought off-screen

189, page 19, disciplinary committee members are fought off-screen

190, page 8, Kumagawa was fought off-screen

Yeah, but in the beginning they were not close to her in speed. this changes later. End God Mode definitely is her ultimate weapon, and not usually her openning move, yes.

Yeah, because most of these people either have better ways to take them out or are unknown in general (to us I mean, so we cannot judge her tactics choice). Gagamaru is useless in that regard, she would likely need a style to get around Encounter. Approaching Shibuki in time stop or at high speeds is a great way to get every wound openned, she needs an alternate tactic. Attacking Iihiko in ways he cannot percieve is pointless, as they will not work. Most of the style users have ways around being outright blitzed. Most of these dudes need alternate tactics, I did not claim she took them all out in one blow.

Yes, because most of them need alternate tactics to take out. Also, time stop may be her openning move but it isn't a spam move if that is what you mean. She also may just simply respect them enough not to, and wants to enjoy their fight.

No, what I mean is that the:

>All are ready to fight

In general is implied to be done via erased time when they are doing it against targets of comparable speed

No, what I mean is that the:

>All are ready to fight

In general is implied to be done via erased time when they are doing it against targets of comparable speed
Except she never does this in those chapters at all.

What happens is:

>All are ready to fight

>she's walking to/at the next encounter

This is obviously just cutting out fights, either to save time or because he doesn't want to write how they'd play out. They aren't even shown all being defeated.

To be fair she does blitz iihiko in this arc and he previously said end god mode was slow so there is that

I don't think he strikes back

Pretty sure those are all medakas attacks and iihiko even looks surprised

Two of them are on the outer edges, start at Iihiko's arms, and start fading as they get closer to Medaka.

Two of them are on the inside, start at Medaka's arms, and start fading as they get close to Iihiko.

In particular, look at how the bottom one starts from Iihiko's right arm, and how the one second from the bottom starts from Medaka's left arm. They seem to just be representing their arms moving quickly.

Back