• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roblox Discussion

Hmm.

I've genuinely never seen a situation like this before.

Should we get other SCP Foundation members in here to comment?

Ok. No.

Sonic.EXE is fanfiction. It is not allowed for the same reason stuff like Tails Doll and Ben Drowned isn't. It's edgy fanfiction of a video game that literally has copyrighted material in the name.

We've removed fangame profiles for SCP stuff before because it wasn't officially made by guys from the SCP website. Assuming Site 17 directly uses and references SCP Foundation material and isn't just a similar setting, it cannot be allowed.

Finally, Slenderman is not Public Domain. He's the intellectual property of Mythology Entertainment. Unless you can prove that Mythology Entertainment had a hand in creating the property in question then no, it cannot be allowed.

If you guys want to make profiles for that stuff, take it to FC/OC wiki.
Convincing. Got any such info on Haunted Hunters?

Alright, I've contacted Weekly. He's my go-to for SCP.

Now I'm going to actually go to bed this time, as it's past midnight for me right now. Best of luck in the meantime.

The SCP stuff shouldn't be allowed. We only allow stuff on the official site, and affiliated sites like the wanderers library. We don't allow fangames even though they're okay under copyright law.

Let the people have SCP Roblox pages, smh.

783901300277772289.png

Nope. Electricity is nowhere close to light speed. It's much, much faster then the human eye can see, sure, but by the logic, bullets are lightspeed too.

More information here: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Lightning_Feats?mobile-app=false
Thanks for the information
The SCP stuff shouldn't be allowed. We only allow stuff on the official site, and affiliated sites like the wanderers library. We don't allow fangames even though they're okay under copyright law.
Issue is that Yellow Gearworks are actually making money and the game passes our guidelines involving Roblox games.
  • Consistent setting? See the name of the game
  • Feats? The Anomalies are capable of tanking nukes and The Players can react to electricity and gun fire
  • Lore? Badge descriptions, info cards, small details around the map, and secret Easter eggs
  • No copyright violations? Check
You’re welcome to try but there doesn’t seem to be much to go off of
I know an unnamed unseen character was capable of mutilating a family easily so he might be 9-B
Goodname I have a question for you about something that there seems to be disagreement over.
Good ahead

It does not matter if they're making money. SCP runs under a creative commons license that allows commercial use of content on the site, as long as you preserve that requirement in your work. You can make a game using their assets and sell it, but someone else can make a game with your assets and sell it.

As the fact that it makes money is completely irrelevant, it has equal standing to other SCP fangames, which we don't allow.

It does not matter if they're making money. SCP runs under a creative commons license that allows commercial use of content on the site, as long as you preserve that requirement in your work. You can make a game using their assets and sell it, but someone else can make a game with your assets and sell it.

As the fact that it makes money is completely irrelevant, it has equal standing to other SCP fangames, which we don't allow.
Time to prevent pages for the game "Control" from being made because it takes inspiration. The designs in Site 76 are different with no assets from the site being really used. There are character designs that are original due to there being no image on the wiki.
Seems reasonable
Bias Mike? Tune in next time

Time to prevent pages for the game "Control" from being made because it takes inspiration. The designs in Site 76 are different with no assets from the site being really used. There are character designs that are original due to there being no image on the wiki.
Don't bullshit me. There was a long back-in-forth earlier in this thread demonstrating how Site 76 wasn't "inspired" and is more along the lines of taking stuff from SCP.

That's why you dropped the argument of it just being inspired and defended it on the grounds of "While it uses their copyrighted material, that's allowed" and asked for SCP experts to comment.

Control was just inspired, hence why it'd be okay to include on the wiki.

Don't bullshit me. There was a long back-in-forth earlier in this thread demonstrating how Site 76 wasn't "inspired" and is more along the lines of taking stuff from SCP.

That's why you dropped the argument of it just being inspired and defended it on the grounds of "While it uses their copyrighted material, that's allowed" and asked for SCP experts to comment.
I remember no such discussion and I wasn't the one who asked for SCP experts to comment

The man who you are quoting and referring to has already conceded and given up for now
The only concession I saw from MikeBro was because of Site 76 making money. That is irrelevant to whether it's just "inspired" or not.

Like, do you understand that if someone argues point A, you concede point A and argue point B, they concede point B, I come along and refute point B, you concede point B, you don't get to just jump back to point A?

You have already conceded it, and the people who disagree with you haven't. You don't just get to dredge it up again as soon as you're arguing with someone else.

The only concession I saw from MikeBro was because of Site 76 making money. That is irrelevant to whether it's just "inspired" or not.

Like, do you understand that if someone argues point A, you concede point A and argue point B, they concede point B, I come along and refute point B, you concede point B, you don't get to just jump back to point A?

You have already conceded it, and the people who disagree with you haven't. You don't just get to dredge it up again as soon as you're arguing with someone else.
Issue: I never did concede also people can speak in Discord DMs
There's a difference between having the same base concept and literally being a fangame. Don't strawman the argument.
Here's something I found with some basic searching
Which ending of Airplane 3 do you believe is canon? My vote goes to the bad and secret endings combined but somehow people think that the good ending is canon in the series.
I agree with you

Here's something I found with some basic searching

Whoa, proof that Control infringed on SCP's copyright, let's see what these links show:
  1. Trivia section saying it was inspired by SCP.
  2. Trivia section saying it was inspired by SCP.
  3. Section saying it was influenced by SCP.
Yes, this is exactly the same thing as copying every single aspect (except for the name) of multiple characters. This proves that Control wasn't just influenced.

Whoa, proof that Control infringed on SCP's copyright, let's see what these links show:
  1. Trivia section saying it was inspired by SCP.
  2. Trivia section saying it was inspired by SCP.
  3. Section saying it was influenced by SCP.
Yes, this is exactly the same thing as copying every single aspect (except for the name) of multiple characters. This proves that Control wasn't just influenced.
Never did claim that

Never did claim that

I said that Site 76 is like other fangames and shouldn't be allowed.

You said that logic should disallow games like Control that take inspiration.

Wright Way said that there's a difference between being inspired and being a literal fangame.

You responded with those links.

What the **** were you trying to say by posting them? Were you agreeing with us and conceding the argument? Or did you think that somehow worked as evidence and are now backpedaling? Or were you posting irrelevant shit for literally no reason? I don't see what else you could have been doing there.

Jerry and Gearhead should get pages, their size could probably warrant 9-B
I said that Site 76 is like other fangames and shouldn't be allowed.

You said that logic should disallow games like Control that take inspiration.

Wright Way said that there's a difference between being inspired and being a literal fangame.

You responded with those links.

What the **** were you trying to say by posting them? Were you agreeing with us and conceding the argument? Or did you think that somehow worked as evidence and are now backpedaling? Or were you posting irrelevant shit for literally no reason? I don't see what else you could have been doing there.
I was saying that Control took a bunch of inspiration from SCP Foundation

Jerry and Gearhead should get pages, their size could probably warrant 9-B

I was saying that Control took a bunch of inspiration from SCP Foundation
My dude, you are constantly missing the point.

Works of fiction take inspiration from each other all the time. My Hero Academia was inspired by Spider-man. Homestuck and Undertale were inspired by Earthbound. Control was inspired by SCP. This is all fine.

Site 76 literally takes place in the SCP universe. It's a fan game of SCP. Meaning it's not allowed.

Site 76 literally takes place in the SCP universe. It's a fan game of SCP. Meaning it's not allowed.
Yellow Gearworks have already said it's not, for example Sentient Coffee Machine is sentient while SCP-914 is not, many anomalies are located at a entirely different site than the one they are listed at on the writing site, and many have very different designs

Yellow Gearworks have already said it's not, for example Sentient Coffee Machine is sentient while SCP-914 is not, many anomalies are located at a entirely different site than the one they are listed at on the writing site, and many have very different designs
No. It literally describes the Foundation in the game as the SCP Foundation. That alone is enough for it to not belong. See Mike's earlier comments.

The Shy Guy describtion said

According to the SCP Wiki: "SCP-096 will enter a stage of considerable emotional distress. SCP-096 will cover its face with its hands and begin screaming, crying, and babbling incoherently". A few seconds after its viewing, Shy Guy will run towards the person who viewed its face and will kill the person in question.

P
lus they are using SCP references such as

The SCP Foundation created SCRAMBLE Gears to ease the containment of Shy Guy. According to the complex material, SCRAMBLE Gear carries a small microprocessor which constantly analyzes the viewing field for the facial features of SCP-096. Facial recognition software inside instantly identifies them, scrambling the image into an unrecognizable mess before the light reaches the human eye. With this goggle, the containment team (Mobile Task Force) can safely re-contain Shy Guy by using the glasses. SCRAMBLE Goggles have night vision, and it will blur or block Shy Guy's face, making it not triggered.
^

Back