• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roblox Discussion

If site 76 literally uses SCP content and is effectively a fangame then I don't think profiles should be made for it. From the looks of the stuff on the wiki it looks more like an ultra-Chinese bootleg version of SCP. Despite that, Game looks to have its own lore, but it's like 99% SCP inspiration-wise. It's kind of the same case with Piggy where it uses a different character to tell a separate story... I don't know.

Do whatever you guys want to do with this, I don't play Roblox SCP.

I actually find it more like Jailbreak and Mad City than SCP in gameplay really
I mean... SCP isn't a video game. That one popular SCP game is a fan game that isn't allowed here if that's what you're referring too.

Anyways, I was under the impression that they were literally using SCP characters and lore verbatim. They're not... but they might as well be honestly. It's basically a bootleg and while it technically follows the rules, I feel like including it sets a bad precedent.

I actually find it more like Jailbreak and Mad City than SCP in gameplay really
The overarching issue is whether or not it uses material from SCP. You could have a Sonic fangame that plays more like a psychological horror game than a conventional Sonic game and it would be considered to not be valid for VSBW.

Likewise, I'm gonna leave this up to the staff since I really don't care too much. I'd say to look at profiles like this , where it has a character that is a pretty obvious knockoff of an existing IP.

The overarching issue is whether or not it uses material from SCP. You could have a Sonic fangame that plays more like a psychological horror game than a conventional Sonic game and it would be considered to not be valid for VSBW.

Likewise, I'm gonna leave this up to the staff since I really don't care too much. I'd say to look at profiles like this , where it has a character that is a pretty obvious knockoff of an existing IP.
Well, if we're already using knock offs, then I guess Site 76 doesn't really hurt anything.

Devil Mario is a knock off Mario so if Site 76 is allowed then Devil Mario should be!

I still agree Site 76 should not be allowed
Devil Mario is literally just edgy Mario fanfic. It literally had Mario in the name.

Site 76, meanwhile, stops just short of actually using any named characters from the Foundation proper.

Know what......IDC anymore, do what you want.
Jeez if I’d have known it was going to be this big of an issue I would have probably said something as soon as it was brought up. This is basically what I was talking about with how most debates play out in these parts.

Anyways, I was under the impression that they were literally using SCP characters and lore verbatim. They're not... but they might as well be honestly. It's basically a bootleg and while it technically follows the rules, I feel like including it sets a bad precedent.

They are tho. It may seem like they fall short of using the characters names, but the names they're given are names used in the SCP community. The tag for articles involving SCP-049 is Plague Doctor, guess what a Site 76 character is called. It's like this for every anomaly I'm familiar with; they take the name used in the listing on the main catalog, rather than the number.

If site 76 literally uses SCP content and is effectively a fangame then I don't think profiles should be made for it. From the looks of the stuff on the wiki it looks more like an ultra-Chinese bootleg version of SCP. Despite that, Game looks to have its own lore, but it's like 99% SCP inspiration-wise. It's kind of the same case with Piggy where it uses a different character to tell a separate story... I don't know.

They take all the main details of the characters involved and replicate them.

If you allow stuff that uses almost identical characters to tell a separate story that is literally just allowing all fanfiction. All fanfiction has its own lore, because it adds to the story.

The similarity is "a pretty obvious naming ripoff" and "scientist that can turn into a big strong thing". That's where the similarities end. It's not a bootleg retelling of the Hulk's story. Hell, he doesn't even turn into the Bulk the same way iirc, I think it happens when he dies?

Yellow Gearworks have already said it's not, for example Sentient Coffee Machine is sentient while SCP-914 is not, many anomalies are located at a entirely different site than the one they are listed at on the writing site, and many have very different designs

"What do you mean Underfell Sans isn't allowed? In that canon he hates humanity, is abused by his brother, and has a more red design!"

Good idea, I will begin work on a The Sculpture page

Are you ******* kidding me?

Last edited:
No no no, we're not having pages for this
This are fan games for established SCP characters, you can have this at FC/OC for all I care but not on Vs Wiki

Like... I feel the biggest concern here is for this to open the floodgates for a bunch of Chinese bootleg profiles.
No it's bigger than that. With the arguments that were given, a lot of fanfiction would be allowed. And 100% of AU fanfiction would be allowed.

Funny meme as this is not a Site 76 only thread
They are tho. It may seem like they fall short of using the characters names, but the names they're given are names used in the SCP community. The tag for articles involving SCP-049 is Plague Doctor, guess what a Site 76 character is called. It's like this for every anomaly I'm familiar with; they take the name used in the listing on the main catalog, rather than the number.
Santa and Vampire: Are you jokes to you?
No no no, we're not having pages for this
This are fan games for established SCP characters, you can have this at FC/OC for all I care but not on Vs Wiki
FC/OC lacks the popularity and activity of VSBW also it's one game not multiple
The similarity is "a pretty obvious naming ripoff" and "scientist that can turn into a big strong thing". That's where the similarities end. It's not a bootleg retelling of the Hulk's story. Hell, he doesn't even turn into the Bulk the same way iirc, I think it happens when he dies?
General Darwin is often regarded as a parody of Thunderbolt Ross
"What do you mean Underfell Sans isn't allowed? In that canon he hates humanity, is abused by his brother, and has a more red design!"
Do you desire more differences?
Are you ******* kidding me?
Why would I be doing that?
Only thing I immensely disagree is Piggy being compared to Site 76
Eh
Like... I feel the biggest concern here is for this to open the floodgates for a bunch of Chinese bootleg profiles.
Let's not try to have too many
No it's bigger than that. With the arguments that were given, a lot of fanfiction would be allowed. And 100% of AU fanfiction would be allowed.
How many and what fanfictions/fan games do you know that have merch and require money to read/play?

Santa and Vampire: Are you jokes to you?

"For every anomaly I'm familiar with". Also, fanfiction can obviously have original characters.

FC/OC lacks the popularity and activity of VSBW also it's one game not multiple

Too bad, that's where it belongs.

General Darwin is often regarded as a parody of Thunderbolt Ross

Okay?

Do you desire more differences?

Yes, but from what I've seen of Site 76 it doesn't have enough. The game itself would have to be changed a lot to be to my liking.

How many and what fanfictions/fan games do you know that have merch and require money to read/play?

Why do you keep bringing up that it has a money involvement? I debunked the relevance of that as soon as I stepped into the thread, that's why you jumped to other arguments.

Well, to bad. That might be the only site we'll allow Site 76 content on.

Santa and Vampires have been public domain for decades, that's a false equivalency.

You can't "try not to have too many". There's literally no reason to include this and not include no effort Chinese bootlegs, so long as the bootleg in question makes the bare minimum effort to slightly smudge the names.

And Captain Underpants is a Superman parody, what's your point? Stop making false equivalencies.

I mean from a company that is selling Site 76 content from popular stores like Walmart and Gamestop and Target.....eh

Before 2011, Touhou fanfictions/fan games were allowed to have merch and be sold in unlimited amounts, as long as they meet certain other guidelines. Since 2011 they haven't been able to be sold in certain ways that would draw too much money, but ones that were announced/sold before 2011 were allowed to continue on as they were. And they're still allowed to be sold on a smaller scale to this day.

Are we allowed to make profiles for Touhou fanfic/fangames?

I mean from a company that is selling Site 76 content from popular stores like Walmart and Gamestop and Target.....that no popular fanmade content did??.............eh
And the only reason for that is because of a copyright loophole that the SCP Foundation has that few other verses on here have.

Also, you're seriously underestimating just how easy it is to get pirated content onto major online retailers, so that's not much of an argument.

Where is the evidence that is selling around in Walmart and other big popular stores and online popular websites?

I barely know anything about Touhou. so I can't give you examples of fangames from a decade ago.

And I have no idea what the **** even is the point of this argument. It has nothing at all to do with our standards.

This is a good channel
Idc, either way I'm not letting this pass because this's by all accounts fanfic
Not according to copyright law and Roblox themselves

Also here's what the game's descriptions says the game is "👁️ Welcome to Site-76, an SCP inspired secret prison compound responsible for containing both inmates and SCPs! Understaffed and wild, breakouts are a regular occurrence. "
Yes, but from what I've seen of Site 76 it doesn't have enough. The game itself would have to be changed a lot to be to my liking.
More differences: Stick Insect may or not exist while SCP-372 has a confirmed existence, Monolith and SCP-1050 have very different symbols, text, material, and languages, the effects of Candy are faster and do have differences compared to SCP-330, the results of SCP-914 and Clockwork Machine are quite different, the material of Desert Tetrahedron and SCP-132 also I don't consider a single small room with some sand in it as a desert, Eye Pods and SCP-131's personalities are not the same plus Eye Pods appear to need small beds while SCP-131 doesn't, The Fish Man and SCP-527 have very different heads and seemingly personalities, the effects of Melancholy Lamp aren't quite as bad as SCP-316, SCP-457 is seemingly smarter than The Burning Man, The Old Man has a unknown age while SCP-106's is known also their containment appears to be quite different, the powers of SCP-035 and The Mask are different, and The Bell and SCP-513 are different types of bells and the effects of hearing their sounds are not the same exactly. I can list more but I'm lazy and we should be capable of having this verse on here for the same reasons as this OVA page (Jotaro's page is allowed because the story is different and he is stronger than his canon counterpart).
Well, to bad. That might be the only site we'll allow Site 76 content on.
Nope because Site 76 passes our Roblox game guidelines, copyright law, and for the reason of the page I linked

Not according to copyright law and Roblox themselves

What the **** does this mean? I don't think you know how copyright or fanfiction work.

More differences

Those don't outweigh the ginormous slew of similarities. Like I said before, fanfiction often changes a few aspects of characters or adds new ones, doesn't stop it from being fanfic.

I can list more but I'm lazy and we should be capable of having this verse on here for the same reasons as this OVA page (Jotaro's page is allowed because the story is different and he is stronger than his canon counterpart).

LMFAO

You're really comparing an officially licensed and released adaptation to a ******* fangame.

Nope because Site 76 passes our Roblox game guidelines, copyright law, and for the reason of the page I linked

What does passing copyright law mean, and why does it give this game a free ticket to a profile over all other SCP fanfics/fangames?

It means that this game is considered legally distinct enough to be sold without a lawsuit.

That said, so are most low-effort bootlegs and we don't allow those here.

What is and isn't fanfiction for the purposes of VSB and FC/OC is not determined by copyright law. This is a fanmade game. It is not getting on VSB, end of story.

It means that this game is considered legally distinct enough to be sold without a lawsuit.

Wright, you don't understand. I have already explained this multiple times.

The SCP wiki allows ANYONE to do ANYTHING with the stuff posted on their wiki (with the exception of SCP-173's picture) WITHOUT PERMISSION. Including profiting off of it.

(Provided that they attribute the scp wiki and allow others to do the same with their stuff.)

This means that LITERALLY ANYTHING YOU DO WITH SCP STUFF, NO MATTER HOW CLOSE IT IS, CAN BE SOLD WITHOUT A LAWSUIT.

And even with all of this aside, fanfiction is not about whether someone will get sued for it.

This is so incredibly far removed from talking in terms of our actual standards for what's allowed on this site.

And just for the sake of argument, for a similar case, Japanese copyright law is more fluid than American copyright law is, which is how things like fangames and other doujin products can be produced and sold without issue. See Touhou, which has a LOT of fangames that you can buy on Steam or even for the Switch, but none of them are canon or official in any regard.

This is essentially a bootleg. Most of the differences are essentially semantic.

Wright, you don't understand. I have already explained this multiple times.

The SCP wiki allows ANYONE to do ANYTHING with the stuff posted on their wiki (with the exception of SCP-173's picture) WITHOUT PERMISSION. Including profiting off of it.

(Provided that they attribute the scp wiki and allow others to do the same with their stuff.)

This means that LITERALLY ANYTHING YOU DO WITH SCP STUFF, NO MATTER HOW CLOSE IT IS, CAN BE SOLD WITHOUT A LAWSUIT.

And even with all of this aside, fanfiction is not about whether someone will get sued for it.

This is so incredibly far removed from talking in terms of our actual standards for what's allowed on this site.
I'm.... not disagreeing with you? I'm elaborating on his point? You need to chill dude. Literally my next sentence should've told you that I'm on your side.

I don't care about sides, I care about truth. Even if you agree with me on not wanting these profiles on the site, I don't want staff members spreading misinformation, like saying that the reason the game isn't getting sued out of existence is because it's legally distinct enough.

I was more chill when I first explained the whole SCP copyright situation in this thread.

I agree with Site 76 getting nuked FRA
How does a verse that has no published pages get nuked?
What the **** does this mean? I don't think you know how copyright or fanfiction work.
College is a place that I have been to
Those don't outweigh the ginormous slew of similarities. Like I said before, fanfiction often changes a few aspects of characters or adds new ones, doesn't stop it from being fanfic.
I shall list more differences if I need to
LMFAO

You're really comparing an officially licensed and released adaptation to a ******* fangame.
I have yet to see proof from you that this is a fangame besides "Inspired by SCP", games such as these are counted as official published media here
I don't care about sides, I care about truth. Even if you agree with me on not wanting these profiles on the site, I don't want staff members spreading misinformation, like saying that the reason the game isn't getting sued out of existence is because it's legally distinct enough.

I was more chill when I first explained the whole SCP copyright situation in this thread.
I also care about the truth and law which is telling me that Site 76 should be allowed

I shall list more differences if I need to

I could spend weeks listing out the differences between Undertale AUs and Undertale itself. That doesn't stop them from being Undertale fanfiction.

I have yet to see proof from you that this is a fangame besides "Inspired by SCP", games such as these are counted as official published media here

If you think that's my argument you clearly haven't read my posts. If those other games are more similar to what they're inspired by than Site 76 is to SCP, then they should get nuked.

College is a place I am currently at. That doesn't make me an expert on copyright law. Screaming "I went to college!" Doesn't make me respect you.

Whatever differences you list are differences that could easily be found in other fangames that aren't allowed here.

Yes. Other roblox games that have nothing to do with SCP are allowed here. Your point?

I...can’t even vote logically on this. Sure the point of this specific thread was to list off what Roblox material we wanted in VBW and determine if it was allowed or not...at least if I recall correctly...but this conversation has gone pretty much in circles.
With that said I’ll vote against Site 76 simply because the debate about it is proving itself to be incredibly futile and I don’t like futile arguments.

I...can’t even vote logically on this. Sure the point of this specific thread was to list off what Roblox material we wanted in VBW and determine if it was allowed or not...at least if I recall correctly...but this conversation has gone pretty much in circles.
With that said I’ll vote against Site 76 simply because the debate about it is proving itself to be incredibly futile and I don’t like futile arguments.
If that doesn’t satisfy anyone then at the very least someone could make a thread for the specific purpose of discussing Site 76 and if it should be allowed.

Back