• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rin Type 5 Immortality

Status
Not open for further replies.
"wow, mr downgrade hip cool character expert. suspect huh. but ok."

Yes, it is. You have given multiple ratings that do not make sense whatsoever. So much so that the file is extremely suspect. Especially seeing as you seem to not quite understand how we do things here.

"then what"

It's nothing.

"then what"

At most, he can hit non-corporeal opponents. It depends on what they mean by "Darkness".

"wrong. thats stated by someone who literally is the king of time and manipulates fate too"

Yeah, that guy has Fate Manipulation and Time Manipulation. Based upon the description given, Rin only has Time Destruction. Everything else is the result of him doing something else to cause a chain reaction.

"then what"

Nothing. It just means he's stronger than the four gods.

"what? and then what is it? he just manipulated 2 die a lot and comes back"

If he was killed by it that means he did not resist it.

"yh ik. and he took it. he took souls 2 times"

He was literally given it. Being given a soul is nothing special. He himself did not take. It was placed into his body for him.

Soul Manipulation- That is not a reason for him to have soul manipulation.

To be fair, self resurrection is usually tied to soul manipulation, albeit manipulation of your own soul.

PaChi2 said:
Soul Manipulation- That is not a reason for him to have soul manipulation.
To be fair, self resurrection is usually tied to soul manipulation, albeit manipulation of your own soul.
That is also why we have resurrection. We do not place it under Soul Manipulation.

'Yes, it is. You have given multiple ratings that do not make sense whatsoever. So much so that the file is extremely suspect. Especially seeing as you seem to not quite understand how we do things here.'

y r u speaking so seriously? all the ratings i gave make sense. 'file'? do u mean profile? what do u even mean by it being 'suspect'? and im confident i understand whats needed.

@Kuularne suspect of not being accurate and therefore it should be either deleted or revised.

'its nothing' ok

'At most, he can hit non-corporeal opponents. It depends on what they mean by "Darkness" ' ok feel free 2 edit it to non corporeal. he uses dark weapons i think in chu teng tho

'Yeah, that guy has Fate Manipulation and Time Manipulation. Based upon the description given, Rin only has Time Destruction. Everything else is the result of him doing something else to cause a chain reaction.' the ritual of time also manipulates fate and time. and what??

'Nothing. It just means he's stronger than the four gods.' no? he reality warped 2 to stop them. he overpowered their reality warping

'If he was killed by it that means he did not resist it.' why bold. also it prevents guys like u or pachi saying that his resurrection level is shit so no.

'He was literally given it. Being given a soul is nothing special. He himself did not take. It was placed into his body for him.' can u take souls? he took back his original soul at the end of the game btw

"the ritual of time also manipulates fate and time. and what??"

No, it extinguishes a candle of time with special water to erase their fate. He is not manipulating fate. He is washing away a candle that holds their fate. Ergo, erasing their fate by another method. As I said, he still has Time Erasure no matter what.

"no? he reality warped 2 to stop them. he overpowered their reality warping"

None of that is stated on the file and none of that has any source for it. It literally just stated he overpowered them. Nothing about them reality warping him.

"why bold. also it prevents guys like u or pachi saying that his resurrection level is shit so no."

Umm, if you don't I will. That is blatantly inserting false information, because you don't want people to say, "it's shit". That's not going to fly here.

"can u take souls? he took back his original soul at the end of the game btw"

If someone blatantly put their soul in my body yes. Where is the source for this? Was he given it back, or did he outright steal it out of someone else's body? There is a difference.

'also it prevents guys like u or 'pachi saying that his resurrection level is shit so no.

When did anyone say that his resurrection is shit?

We don't give anyone resistance after from dying and resurrecting from things that killed them

'No, it extinguishes a candle of time with special water to erase their fate. He is not manipulating fate. He is washing away a candle that holds their fate. Ergo, erasing their fate by another method. As I said, he still has Time Erasure no matter what.' so it manipulates fate by destroying it. idk how its not.

'None of that is stated on the file and none of that has any source for it. It literally just stated he overpowered them. Nothing about them reality warping him.' ill put that on the profile then

'Umm, if you don't I will. That is blatantly inserting false information, because you don't want people to say, "it's shit". That's not going to fly here.' did u understand what i said? its not inserting false information lol, u r just trying to make me look stupid now. like i said, in english, it prevents ppl like u or pachi saying rins resurrection is low level.

'If someone blatantly put their soul in my body yes. Where is the source for this? Was he given it back, or did he outright steal it out of someone else's body? There is a difference.' ill find it

• Complete Resurrection: The ability to revive oneself or others to life even after a significant amount of time has passed.
Just add this to his profile if you're so anxious about his resurrection being called "shit" or low level

What. Did I say that his resurrection "was shit", when? Because if its tied to the "concept destruction nulls resurrection" thing, I must let you know that resurrecting after having your concept destroyed is Masaradaverse level of OP. Heck, even in digimon you could only argue that Ygdrasil can do it, and maybe not even that.

@thesandman: im not anxious, i dont even like the character or series. i dont want sumthing i spent hours making 2 be messed up.

Kuularne said:
@pachi: i never said u exactly said it was shit but u said it was low level iirc.
can you show me the quote? I dont remember calling it low level.

"so it manipulates fate by destroying it. idk how its not."

Good lord...Just forget it....

"ill put that on the profile then"

Not without showing us the proper scans you aren't.

"did u understand what i said? its not inserting false information lol, u r just trying to make me look stupid now. like i said, in english, it prevents ppl like u or pachi saying rins resurrection is low level."

What in the actual hell does Resurrection have to do with having a Resistance to Reality Warping? Like, I am not making you look stupid, nor am I trying, that's all you, because you are not listening to me. You main reason is for me or other people to not say his resurrection is "low level". However, resistance has absolutely nothing to do with resurrection here. You are in fact inserting false information as you have provided nothing to give him a resistance to reality warping.

PaChi2 said:
What. Did I say that his resurrection "was shit", when? Because if its tied to the "concept destruction nulls resurrection" thing, I must let you know that resurrecting after having your concept destroyed is Masaradaverse level of OP. Heck, even in digimon you could only argue that Ygdrasil can do it, and maybe not even that.
Only Ygg and those who have gotten Ygg's High Godly. (Still waiting for Lucemon to absorb Ygg)

And this fellow Bagramon? Why doesnt he count?

You dont want Lucemon"s wall of text any bigger.

I just woke up from a nap and this resistance argument thing is still going on. We should just remove the ability to attack intangible entities and remove the "Can emit enough light to damage enemies" part - alongside any other ability that isn't sourced - from the profile if we don't get any evidence of it. If the only thing we are going to get from arguing with them are claims without any evidence backing aforementioned claims up.

Additionally, we have shown Kuularne a multitude of examples of the difference of resurrection and the ability to resist an attack, yet he still repeats it in hopes we give up.

Aside from that, I will try to reply to multiple statements he had made.

Kuularne wrote:

so it manipulates fate by destroying it. idk how its not.

The computer judges whether or not the person's candle should be lit/unlit, "destroying a person's time" is essentially flowery language for either (I say 'either' because I'm a bit mixed on which one I should choose) killing them or speeding up the time it takes for them to die. Speeding up their death seems to resemble the 'time' part, personally.

did u understand what i said? its not inserting false information lol, u r just trying to make me look stupid now. like i said, in english, it prevents ppl like u or pachi saying rins resurrection is low level.

Rin can resurrect after their vessel gets destroyed should they fail to complete a specific mission in that creature's life, as they are born from the tree of life's droplets (Which form into creatures before they hit the ground). Complete resurrection makes sense here, personally.

ill find it

This part of this video.

I really doubt it's soul stealing, he doesn't just walk up to Yashiro and consume his soul identically to how Tong-Nou did, it is stated that Yashiro handed him a temporary soul.

The only thing noteworthy to put regarding soul manipulation would be the ability to temporarily live without a soul (It isn't soul manipulation resistance, as he still gets affected), as it states here:

"One morning, Rin discovered the absence of a soul. It appeared to be the act of Tong-Nou, the island which lies far to the east. Once a year Tong-Nou, the living island, devours the soul of humans. Once a soul has been taken, he or she will be left to weaken and eventually die in emptiness"

It states that Tong-Nou devoured Rin's soul (Which means he lacks a resistance to it), but they eventually weaken and later die of emptiness afterwards. So yeah, Rin can temporarily survive without a soul.

>did u understand what i said? its not inserting false information lol, u r just trying to make me look stupid now. like i said, in english, it prevents ppl like u or pachi saying rins resurrection is low level.

No one is trying to downplay Rin. We are jist trying to make this as accurate as possible.

'Not without showing us the proper scans you aren't.' lol ok bro

'What in the actual hell does Resurrection have to do with having a Resistance to Reality Warping? Like, I am not making you look stupid, nor am I trying, that's all you, because you are not listening to me. You main reason is for me or other people to not say his resurrection is "low level". However, resistance has absolutely nothing to do with resurrection here. You are in fact inserting false information as you have provided nothing to give him a resistance to reality warping.'

im not inserting false information. u just cant read my posts or something bc half the time when you reply i dont understand anything. Like what the **** are you talking about? I never said anything for that LMAO. Why are you so rude? leave me alone or at least respond to me with things that make sense.

'I just woke up from a nap and this resistance argument thing is still going on. We should just remove the ability to attack intangible entities and remove the "Can emit enough light to damage enemies" part - alongside any other ability that isn't sourced - from the profile if we don't get any evidence of it. If the only thing we are going to get from arguing with them are claims without any evidence backing aforementioned claims up. Additionally, we have shown Kuularne a multitude of examples of the difference of resurrection and the ability to resist an attack, yet he still repeats it in hopes we give up.'

ive been having to reply to these people for the last 12 hours and i just woke up from sleep. leave me alone. i will do it when these people stop talking to me.

'The computer judges whether or not the person's candle should be lit/unlit, "destroying a person's time" is essentially flowery language for either (I say 'either' because I'm a bit mixed on which one I should choose) killing them or speeding up the time it takes for them to die. Speeding up their death seems to resemble the 'time' part, personally.'

how can u be sure its flowery language? its a statement by a king of time, its basically the same level as the demonbane or visual novel pages.

'Rin can resurrect after their vessel gets destroyed should they fail to complete a specific mission in that creature's life, as they are born from the tree of life's droplets (Which form into creatures before they hit the ground). Complete resurrection makes sense here, personally.' idk if its connected to the tree of life still. but yh complete resurrection makes sense to me 2.

'I really doubt it's soul stealing, he doesn't just walk up to Yashiro and consume his soul identically to how Tong-Nou did, it is stated that Yashiro handed him a temporary soul.' i know. he also took back his original soul (more powerful than before) at the end of the game.

'It states that Tong-Nou devoured Rin's soul (Which means he lacks a resistance to it), but they eventually weaken and later die of emptiness afterwards. So yeah, Rin can temporarily survive without a soul.'

he actually took the amulet and furoshiki b4 he took the soul from the old man and was prepared 2 go without it. thats powerful 2 me

'No one is trying to downplay Rin. We are jist trying to make this as accurate as possible.' stop distracting me

"im not inserting false information. u just cant read my posts or something bc half the time when you reply i dont understand anything. Like what the **** are you talking about? I never said anything for that LMAO. Why are you so rude? leave me alone or at least respond to me with things that make sense."

Yes you are. You have not proved a resistance to Reality Warping. Your literal response to the point about resistances was literally "why bold. also it prevents guys like u or pachi saying that his resurrection level is shit so no." You're the one not making sense. You're the one not listening. You're the one who does not know what you're talking about. In that statement you literally justified keeping a resistance to Reality Warping because you don't want people to downplay Rin's resurrection.

"ive been having to reply to these people for the last 12 hours and i just woke up from sleep. leave me alone. i will do it when these people stop talking to me."

Not going to happen. It's our job do fix files. Something we've been trying to do, yet you keep ignoring us.

"stop distracting me"

Good lord...Stop throwing a temper tantrum. If you are going to act like this, I could just delete the file as it already has many false ratings. Or you could actually listen to what we say, fix the file and go on about your day. You are the one making things harder for yourself as you're being so damn hard headed.

'Yes you are. You have not proved a resistance to Reality Warping. Your literal response to the point about resistances was literally "why bold. also it prevents guys like u or pachi saying that his resurrection level is shit so no." You're the one not making sense. You're the one not listening. You're the one who does not know what you're talking about. In that statement you literally justified keeping a resistance to Reality Warping because you don't want people to downplay Rin's resurrection.'

i never understood most of what you meant. rin fought against the 4 kings reality warping so i made it reality warping. i said that in 100% simple english, not complicated, vague or nonsensical stuff like what u say.

i listed it as a resistance bc i thought it counted and u got rly angry at me.

'Not going to happen. It's our job do fix files. Something we've been trying to do, yet you keep ignoring us.'

u again didnt understand what i meant. im talking with u and will go 2 them when im done with you.

'Good lord...Stop throwing a temper tantrum. If you are going to act like this, I could just delete the file as it already has many false ratings. Or you could actually listen to what we say, fix the file and go on about your day. You are the one making things harder for yourself as you're being so damn hard headed.'

temper tantrum huh? u r the only one here saying 'good lord'. im acting 'like this' bc ur being so rude and vague to me. and if u delete the 'file' i would just go to the other admins and tell them u deleted a profile i spent 10 hours on with numerous reasonings and good rating for absolutely no reason. why are u threatening me? do u think u can do that?? im listening to u, im all ears, youre the one being so hard to talk to.

im more nervous atm bc i rly dont want this guy deleting the page. he probably thinks im going to back down bc he threatened me but im not like that. i wouldnt be talking back to him so much if he wasnt so offensive and disrespectful to me.

@Kuularne

I suggest you create a Content Revision Thread about this fellow Rin detailing the reasons for every ability and rating in the profile. If it needs any correction it would be discussed there. We dont need to delete the profile, but Im asking you to detail everything said in the profile you spent so much time creating. Keep in mind that corrections arent by any means an offense.

i already made one thread. i should create a big post in it detailing every reason i put the ability, feat weapon there? im up 2 any correction. it just got to another level when he said he was going to delete it.

"i never understood a word of what you meant. rin fought against the 4 kings reality warping so i made it reality warping. i said that in 100% simple english, not complicated, vague or nonsensical stuff like what u say."

And in English, I have stated that you have shown us no source or anything for that. You are also not realizing that I literally also said, in English, that what you put for his resistance for Reality Warping did not fly. And you replied and I quote. "why bold. also it prevents guys like u or pachi saying that his resurrection level is shit so no." It's not vague or nonsensical. You are just refusing to listen.

"u again didnt understand what i meant. im talking with u and will go 2 them when im done with you."

You should word you sentences better.

"temper tantrum huh? u r the only one here saying 'good lord'. im acting 'like this' bc ur being so rude and vague to me. and if u delete the 'file' i would just go to the other admins and tell them u deleted a profile i spent 10 hours on with numerous reasonings and good rating for absolutely no reason. why are u threatening me? im listening to u, im all ears, youre the one being so hard to talk to."

How am I being vague? I have blatantly told you the issues with the ratings, and also how to fix them. YOU have blatantly ignored that, hence why we are still here. And I am an admin as well and I can delete it for the following reasoning.

1) The Powers and abilities section has many false ratings for powers without anything to back them up along with explanations that do not qualify for other powers.

2) The Creator of said page refuses to listen to reason, and has done nothing but argue in circles over the same details me and other users have tried to get across multiple time.

"im more nervous atm bc i rly dont want this guy deleting the page. he probably thinks im going to back down bc he threatened me but im not like that. i wouldnt be talking back to him so much if he wasnt so offensive and disrespectful to me."

It isn't about whether I want you to back down. It's about whether or not the file is correct or not. Also define offensive. Throughout this entire thing you have accused me of trying to do stuff I haven't been trying to do. These are literally your quotes.

-"did u understand what i said? its not inserting false information lol, u r just trying to make me look stupid now. like i said, in english, it prevents ppl like u or pachi saying rins resurrection is low level."

-"wow, mr downgrade hip cool character expert lmao."

-"why bold. also it prevents guys like u or pachi saying that his resurrection level is shit so no."

-"i said that in 100% simple english, not complicated, vague or nonsensical stuff like what u say"

Corrections are not insults. There is a clear difference.

I think that's convenient, a big post detailing everything should do.

Bear in mind that some of the reasons may not be accepted and that maybe there will be rejected powers (like what happened to the type 5 immortality)

PaChi2 said:
@Kuularne

I suggest you create a Content Revision Thread about this fellow Rin detailing the reasons for every ability and rating in the profile. If it needs any correction it would be discussed there. We dont need to delete the profile, but Im asking you to detail everything said in the profile you spent so much time creating. Keep in mind that corrections arent by any means an offense.
I personally agree with this idea, given that this thread is already swollen up with about 190+ replies.

But yeah, if he could link scans for some of the abilities on the profile, we can evaluate them and pinpoint them as specific abilities and the like.

About 90% of the thread so far are multiple people arguing with a single person attempting to pull them away from beliefs with evidence supporting a fact.

EDIT: Doing this for fun.

If we're going to continue spiraling down into a flame war, at least put this music on in the background.

All we literally want is actual sources to evaluate the ratings. Something you haven't given us.

Kuularne said:
i already made one thread. i should create a big post in it detailing every reason i put the ability, feat weapon there? im up 2 any correction. it just got to another level when he said he was going to delete it.
Yeah, and bring scans/source for whatever you describe, it's necessary.

Having said that, Im closing this. The thread has been derailed and Kuularne has said that we will have a detailed Rin thread/post. Let's wait for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back