• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rimuru's Power Absorption

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Administrator
It seems like Rimuru has Power Absorption from his absorption (since he eat Clayman's hand first) also for his Awakened Demon Lord Key:

Chapter 81 - At the Banquet
That was because, my new ability, Unique Skill 『Puppeteer』, it was impossible for Clayman to utter any word.
Well, even if don't know whether or not I can use it, I still stole the ability.
As expected, Clayman noticed that his ability has been stole and become frantic.
However, he can't produce any voice.
This is to make him speak the mastermind behind this whole incident, but before that......

ÒÇîShion, I will let you hit him, but only for three seconds.ÒÇì

NeoSuperior, however, believe this point. I am neutral on this point that it is applicable for his first key but I believe it is supported.

Chapter 41 ― Predator
My slime abilities [Dissolve, Absorb] mix incredibly well with [Predator].
Thus at the same time as I began absorbing and dissolving this orc, I also activated [Predator].
I am a predator.
Orc Disaster, the power that you hold, [Starving Ones], is certainly strong.
However, you are a scavenger.
Eating anything and everything is certainly amazing, but it is my skill that specializes in hunting down and devouring prey.
And while we have both been eating each other, I will devour your ability first.
Using my ability, unique skill [Predator]!
My skill can analyze the abilities of living enemies, whereas yours only of the dead.
This moment has decided the battle.

Demon Lord Orc Disaster. Named Gelmudo.
Just now, his consciousness has finally disappeared.

«Confirmed. Demon Lord Orc Disaster has disappeared.
Unique Skill [Starving Ones] has been absorbed by unique skill [Predator].┬╗

Chapter 66 - Chance Meeting
Unique skill『Usurper』she says…
The ability to take away the strength of one's enemies and their spirits! Similar to my『Predator』.
But she does so without having to analyze the abilities, so it's more battle oriented.

There's also this:

Ôë¬Solution. Changing into unique skill [Gluttony] has added the following effects...

Decay: The ability to decompose the target. Ability to add decomposition status effect.
There is now a chance of acquiring an ability after consuming only a part of a monster's corpse (ÔÇ╗ Random)

Supply: Whether a subordinate or not, you can now grant an ability unto a monster with whom you have a relationship. (ÔÇ╗ Limited by the target's inherent magical energy)

Food Chain: It is now possible to acquire skills from your subordinates (ÔÇ╗ All of them)

These three have become your power.Ôë½
~ WN vol. 42​
I wonder if that part is a mistranslation since otherwise it sounds almost the same as the LN version other than the part about it having to be a "corpse". The TL around these chapters also messed up at other points like calling the Orc Disaster "Gelmudo", which is completely wrong since it's mixing up Gelmud with Orc Disaster Geld/Gerudo.

EDIT: Never mind, correct TL seems to be Cadaver(?). But still, Rimuru said that he CAN gain powers from living things. Also the descriptions don't always include all information, take the whole "Control Law/Law Manipulation" issue for example.

In the LN at least Rimuru definitly gains power from consuming part of Orc Disaster Geld's body, based on the status. Rimuru gained "Cancel Rot" against Gerudo even though neither Resist Rot, nor Cancel Rot where in Orc Disaster's status there. Which in turn makes it look like reactive evolution, but Rimuru said that it's his absorption doing it... it's quite a bit confusing.

I mean we might also get into technicallities like "is an amputed arm of a currently living individual considered a "corpse" or not?

But yea, it makes no sense for Rimuru to get downgraded like this by fusing two Unique Skills, so it's probably just the usual non-descriptive description, much worse than the LN version in that regard. Skill description often lack some additional explanations.

Yeah, corpse could be the remains of something discarded or defunct. So, an amputee body part should count. It could also be a translation error.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/corpse

Indeed, I agree

Edit: Rimuru still has the other effects of Predator as stated in the Gluttony's scan in the last sentence.

Back