• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rimuru Speed Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m new to debating so I might get some things wrong, sorry.

So I was going through Rimuru’s WN profile and I saw his speed was only listed at MFTL+ I was confused so I searched up “Vs battle wiki Rimuru speed” to see if it has been discussed before - I found out that there was a rimuru speed downgrade that was accepted - Thread https://vsbattles.com/threads/rimuru-downgrade.113033/

The person who made the thread argued that rimuru wasn’t traveling in time with his speed but he was warping it so it should be considered time travel

I think this is wrong because…

1. time Travel is already a skill he had. Time Warp isn't home travel, it literally allows him to be anywhere in the Multiverse in both time and space at literally any time.

2. Also it said this in the WN -
7902854-7440548-screenshot_2020-06-23-20-51-09_2.png

Rimuru just doesn’t do basic time travel - he transcends time and space to reach a space he desires

3. Also when rimuru used Time Warp he was in the end of space and time ( Time literally doesn’t exist ) so if time didn’t exists there how could he warp time or time travel? It makes no sense

4. Rimuru also already had Time Travel in the WN so there’s no reason why he would get another time travel ability - Time warp is obviously not just time travel

This is why rimuru’s speed should be upgraded back to immeasurable with time warp

Last edited:
Transcending time and space to time travel is just more fancy time travel, it being a different skill means nothing, he has to explicitly do this with sheer movement speed alone, as if time was a floor he can move around freely

Transcending time and space to time travel is just more fancy time travel, it being a different skill means nothing, he has to explicitly do this with sheer movement speed alone, as if time was a floor he can move around freely
I just explained why the skill can’t be time travel in the post - rimuru used the skill in a place where time didn’t exist, Time traveling is the concept of movement between certain points in time - you can’t move between certain points in time when time doesn’t exist

Time travelling in timeless places is not uncommon, just like soul haxing souless beings, if he time travelled, he time travelled, if time didn't exist, that's just better time travel, maybe dimensional travel too, or a oversight.

Whatever it is, is not immensurable speed.

Time travelling in timeless places is not uncommon, just like soul haxing souless beings, if he time travelled, he time travelled, if time didn't exist, that's just better time travel, maybe dimensional travel too, or a oversight.

To time travel you need to manipulate time to go forward or backwards in time - you can’t manipulate or control something that isn’t there

Also can you show me anytime when someone was able to time travel in a place time doesn’t exist?

The scan you sent litteraly says that the difference is that it is Time Travel.

But yeah, this isn't immeasurable or even infinite. This is just time travel, the thread up there explains perfectly.

Reactions: Sus
The scan you sent litteraly says that the difference is that it is Time Travel.
What I’m trying to say is rimuru already had a Time travel ability and the chapter already said time skills don’t work in a place that the concept of time doesn’t exist meaning for rimuru to go back he couldn’t have used a time travel skill

If the space and time didn’t exist then rimuru couldn’t use time travel so the only way he could have moved any distance was if he had transcended the concept of time and space making him capable of moving at immeasurable speeds.

Last edited:
If the space and time didn’t exist then rimuru couldn’t use time travel so the only way he could have moved any distance was if he had transcended the concept of time and space making him theoretically capable of moving at immeasurable speeds.
We don't take "theoretically" here. Plus it would be an outlier for Rimuru's base movement speed.

We don't take "theoretically" here. Plus it would be an outlier for Rimuru's base movement speed.
My bad I meant making HIM CAPABLE not theoretically making him capable

Also…I really don’t understand what you’re saying - I said rimuru couldn’t use any time based abilities so the only way he could go back was to use his speed - do you have any comeback to that?

I really don’t understand what you’re saying - I said rimuru couldn’t use any time based abilities so the only way he could go back was to use his speed - do you have any comeback to that?

Plus you have no counter to OUTLIER.

Plus you have no counter to OUTLIER.
I already countered them - he said time traveling in a place where time didn’t exist is not uncommon so I asked him to give me an example of when someone has done that before but he didn’t respond…. With Time Warp rimuru is able to transcend time and space and reach his desired point instantly across space and time.

I already countered them - he said time traveling in a place where time didn’t exist is not uncommon so I asked him to give me an example of when someone has done that before but he didn’t respond…. With Time Warp rimuru is able to transcend time and space reach his desired point instantly across space and time.
Aka Time Travel. Possibly Dimensional Travel.

Are you even listening to me?! Rimuru couldn’t use time travel! If he could he would have just used it immediately ciel told him that they were stuck at the end of time and space! If rimuru could just use time travel and go back to yuuki he would have just used it instead of being so worried! Time warp isn’t time travel! Why would rimuru need another time travel skill to go back to the battlefield..? That’s because Time warp isn’t time travel! You can’t manipulate something that isn’t there! And it’s not dimensional travel considering that the world was ending ( Which includes all the dimensions ) and it never said anything about traveling through dimensions in the chapter - if rimuru just traveled through a dimension the series would have said so considering that they like to talk about dimensions a lot. Also if rimuru could just use time travel to go back to the battlefield why would yuuki be so suprised when he saw him? That’s because you can’t use time abilities where time doesn’t exist!

I already countered them - he said time traveling in a place where time didn’t exist is not uncommon so I asked him to give me an example of when someone has done that before but he didn’t respond…. With Time Warp rimuru is able to transcend time and space and reach his desired point instantly across space and time.
He needs to use Time Warp, this itself is an ability, not his own speed, so he does not meet the requirements for immeasurable.

https://vsbattles.com/threads/rimuru-downgrade.113033/ Read this

That’s why I said it should be changed to immeasurable speed WITH time warp because he can move at immeasurable speed while using time warp! Plus I already read that thread that’s the whole reason I’m making this
You mean the thread where it was agreed Time Warp didn't meet our standards for immeasurable? Yeah, no.

You're those people that just joined and decided to upgrade things to H1-A and stuff huh?

Back to topic, I don't think this qualify for immeasureable.

You mean the thread where it was agreed Time Warp didn't meet our standards for immeasurable? Yeah, no.
The same thread where people were trying to argue that the downgrade didn’t make sense but the mods just ignored them - not everyone on the thread agreed with the downgrade

Last I checked, you need to have these kinds of feats through sheer speed alone, which this isn't. This is merely a technique, which is why we don't give immeasurable speed to Granola or something like that.

You're those people that just joined and decided to upgrade things to H1-A and stuff huh?

Back to topic, I don't think this qualify for immeasureable.
I’ve been planing to join the wiki for a few weeks now since I normally go to it to see characters abilities but I just didn’t have the time - I’m traveling right now and I’m bored so I just decided to finally make an account

That’s why I said it should be changed to immeasurable speed WITH time warp because he can move at immeasurable speed while using time warp! Plus I already read that thread that’s the whole reason I’m making this
You need sheer speed feat... Rimuru's using only a skill

It's still not immeasurable speed, though. He's not actually using speed to achieve such a feat. It shouldn't grant any kind of speed tier

Last I checked, you need to have these kinds of feats through sheer speed alone, which this isn't. This is merely a technique, which is why we don't give immeasurable speed to Granola or something like that
That’s why I said it should be immeasurable speed with time warp

here’s what it said on the wiki - The difference between infinite and immeasurable is that the former can go everywhere instantly, whereas the latter can go everywhere and everywhen faster than instantly. Rimuru showed immeasurable speed.. plus where does it say that you need to do it with sheer speed and can’t use a skill that has nothing to do with controlling time?

That’s why I said it should be immeasurable speed with time warp

here’s what it said on the wiki - The difference between infinite and immeasurable is that the former can go everywhere instantly, whereas the latter can go everywhere and everywhen faster than instantly. Rimuru showed immeasurable speed.. plus where does it say that you need to do it with sheer speed and can’t use a skill that has nothing to do with controlling time?
To qualify for immeasurable it must be a character's own speed feat, not a skill.

It's still not immeasurable speed, though. He's not actually using speed to achieve such a feat. It shouldn't grant any kind of speed tier
Where does it say you can’t use a skill to have immeasurable speed? Rimuru is able to reach his desired point instantly across space and time - basically moving at immeasurable speed even if it is with a skill

To qualify for immeasurable it must be a character's own speed feat, not a skill.
If this is true then why does rimuru profile say - Massively FTL+ in Stopped Time (Can move a 1 million times normal speed while in stopped time) Stopping time is a skill you know…

If this is true then why does rimuru profile say - Massively FTL+ in Stopped Time (Can move a 1 million times normal speed while in stopped time) Stopping time is a skill you know…
Because Rimuru's profile is kinda bad in some areas.

Idk, i'm not in Tenshura at all, so you can ask other people

The standards have changed, simply transcending space-time no longer gives you immeasurable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back