• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rex (3D Monster Maze) Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a page the OG survival horror monster, Rex from 3D Monster Maze. It faced some scrutiny and with the help of Dark-Carioca and the profile deletion thread, he now has a calc to better justify his existence. I also cleaned up his profile a bit, removing most of the comparisons to a real T-rex.

Old/Current

New

Changes:
  • AP/Durability now scales to the calc rather than a real T-Rex
  • Peak Human speed (Was Average Human)
  • Minor large size change (12m to 6m)
  • Animalistic intelligence (was High Animalistic; Can't really justify scaling that to real T-Rex)
  • Class 10 LS (Was Class 5)

Last edited:
I think the only thing you could add to its intelligence it's how it's specifically hunting the player character (before seeing them, so pretty decent enhanced senses) and gets angry once they escape, as stated at the end.

Looks good and it's a nice fix, but since I'm a lovable bitch I have to point out some stuff.

How did its LS go from Class 5 to Class 10 all of a sudden? It's even bigger than the T-Rex we used to scale from. If it's because of its own weight, then it's not valid because LS is meant to be the mass a body can sustain in addition to its own, which is passively being sustained, and it's not always granted for a being to be able of doing it.
It should deserve Extended Melee Range for size alone.
I've found the original tape cover of the game, I believe it would be nice to use it an alternate profile picture with a tabber, and maybe it could be used for more accurate calcs? This last question implies double work and I'm 95% sure the difference would be minimal, so feel free to scrap it, I don't want to be THAT annoying.

and maybe it could be used for more accurate calcs?
Considering the calc uses the in-game sprites that probably wouldn't work.

Nevermind that the cover changes the depiction of the rex depending on the console.

Regarding covers, those can stick to galleries... but I've made a render of the original art anyway. As a main pic, in a tabber after the sprite, I think that's fine.

If it's because of its own weight, then it's not valid because LS is meant to be the mass a body can sustain in addition to its own, which is passively being sustained, and it's not always granted for a being to be able of doing it.
My bad, I thought being able to sustain your own body weight got you LS.

Any ideas for an alternative? We don't really see it lift anything, so should it be Unknown? Maybe Athletic Human for being able to (presumably) lift a human to devour them?

I feel like At least Class 5 might be fine, if it weighs 8 tonnes I could imagine it being able to move at least half of its bodyweight.

Looks good to me, I'd only add what I said in my very first post here: when the player character escapes the rex knows they have escaped him and is very angry. That should at least grant it High Animalistic in my opinion since I believe visible frustration over a failed hunt isn't something you really notice in even the smartest predators or animals overall, we tend to see it most with dogs and cats which can get annoyed by our silly or harsh antics (and you can also see it with elephants and the like).

At the very least "Possibly High Animalistic" could be valid for the above reasons.

Looks good to me, I'd only add what I said in my very first post here: when the player character escapes the rex knows they have escaped him and is very angry. That should at least grant it High Animalistic in my opinion since I believe visible frustration over a failed hunt isn't something you really notice in even the smartest predators or animals overall, we tend to see it most with dogs and cats which can get annoyed by our silly or harsh antics (and you can also see it with elephants and the like).

At the very least "Possibly High Animalistic" could be valid for the above reasons.
Missed that, sorry. Updated

Just now getting back to this, sorry! Is it good to go?

All looks fine and dandy now, just remember to link the revision history of the blog in the op, rather than the blog itself, just in case you decide to edit that blog at some point.
Just to be clear, you want me to get the current revision history link and change the "Old" link to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back