• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vastatosaurus Rex Intelligence Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
First of all I just want to say that we use our own profile for the real Tyrannosaurus Rex as a reference point for Vastatosaurus Rex's baseline as it's directly stated to be a much further evolved descendant of them, this means it should scale directly to or above them in all attributes including intelligence and I cab prove it too.

In their fight with King Kong we see numerous showings of intelligence from them despite getting outskilled by King Kong such as the moment at 3:40 where instead of just trying to eat the girl held in King Kong's foot it instead latches onto his leg for a firmer hold as it attempts brace itself against the cliff side and climb back up, only failing to do so because the rock that King Kong was holding onto broke from all the extra weight and dropped them down into all those vines. Immediately following this we see the other Vastatosaurus tangled up in all the vines unable to do much until it watches Anna start swinging back and forth on the vine she latched onto and after witnessing her swinging it learns very quickly that it can do the same by pushing off the wall behind it to try and reach her. That is not a normal thought process for an animal of only baseline Animalistic Intelligence, especially for a creature that wasn't evolved for or has instincts based on arboreal movement like monkeys, meaning this species is extremely good at kinesthetic learning. I hope all of these showings help back up the intelligence rating that their lesser ancestors already possess that they should also have and then some.

I've always thought that Intelligence rating didn't fit them, but given they're still rather brutish, which rating are you suggesting? Below Average?

First of all I just want to say that we use our own profile for the real Tyrannosaurus Rex as a reference point for Vastatosaurus Rex's baseline as it's directly stated to be a much further evolved descendant of them, this means it should scale directly to or above them in all attributes including intelligence and I cab prove it too.

In their fight with King Kong we see numerous showings of intelligence from them despite getting outskilled by King Kong such as the moment at 3:40 where instead of just trying to eat the girl held in King Kong's foot it instead latches onto his leg for a firmer hold as it attempts brace itself against the cliff side and climb back up, only failing to do so because the rock that King Kong was holding onto broke from all the extra weight and dropped them down into all those vines. Immediately following this we see the other Vastatosaurus tangled up in all the vines unable to do much until it watches Anna start swinging back and forth on the vine she latched onto and after witnessing her swinging it learns very quickly that it can do the same by pushing off the wall behind it to try and reach her. That is not a normal thought process for an animal of only baseline Animalistic Intelligence, especially for a creature that wasn't evolved for or has instincts based on arboreal movement like monkeys, meaning this species is extremely good at kinesthetic learning. I hope all of these showings help back up the intelligence rating that their lesser ancestors already possess that they should also have and then some.

Just remembered another intelligence feat, the last Vastatosaurus also figured out that Kong was trying to break its jaws and was desperately trying to keep its mouth shut while attempting to wrestle Kong off of it.

Would this be considered as Self-Evident or Minor CRT? Just want to know if UchihaSlayer's single vote is enough to validate this for when Grace ends.

High Animalistic, possibly Below Average (Although not as skilled or intellectually developmental as an opponent such as Kong, Vastatosaurus Rexes are not mindless when it comes to both basic thought and combat. Even when one was primarily trying to go after prey for means of sustenance in the middle of a battle, it instead focused on latching onto King Kong's foot to apply extra weight in order to bring him down. While tangled in vines, another Vastatosaurus was capable of learning how to swing back and forth immediately after watching Anna swing herself to safety while in an equally helpless position. Similarly, a nearby Vastatosaurus replicated this same maneuver as a means of successfully sneak attacking Kong)

@XSOULOFCINDERX

High Animalistic, possibly Below Average (Although not as skilled or intellectually developmental as an opponent such as Kong, Vastatosaurus Rexes are not mindless when it comes to both basic thought and combat. Even when one was primarily trying to go after prey for means of sustenance in the middle of a battle, it instead focused on latching onto King Kong's foot to apply extra weight in order to bring him down. While tangled in vines, another Vastatosaurus was capable of learning how to swing back and forth immediately after watching Anna swing herself to safety while in an equally helpless position. Similarly, a nearby Vastatosaurus replicated this same maneuver as a means of successfully sneak attacking Kong)

@XSOULOFCINDERX
Awesome job, I literally couldn't have put this better myself. I owe you one dude.

Just remembered another intelligence feat, the last Vastatosaurus also figured out that Kong was trying to break its jaws and was desperately trying to keep its mouth shut while attempting to wrestle Kong off of it.
I would add this to it though. The timestamp is 6:54 btw.

I would add this to it though.
High Animalistic, possibly Below Average (Although not as skilled or intellectually developmental as an opponent such as Kong, Vastatosaurus Rexes are not mindless when it comes to both basic thought and combat. Even when one was primarily trying to go after prey for means of sustenance in the middle of a battle, it instead focused on latching onto King Kong's foot to apply extra weight in order to bring him down. While tangled in vines, another Vastatosaurus was capable of learning how to swing back and forth immediately after watching Anna swing herself to safety while in an equally helpless position. Similarly, a nearby Vastatosaurus replicated this same maneuver as a means of successfully sneak attacking Kong. When Kong attempted to break one's jaw, they were capable of realizing the intended result of the attack and attempting to kick away his arm in hopes of escaping, albeit failing)

Also in case this isn't clear, I agree with the revision

High Animalistic, possibly Below Average (Although not as skilled or intellectually developmental as an opponent such as Kong, Vastatosaurus Rexes are not mindless when it comes to both basic thought and combat. Even when one was primarily trying to go after prey for means of sustenance in the middle of a battle, it instead focused on latching onto King Kong's foot to apply extra weight in order to bring him down. While tangled in vines, another Vastatosaurus was capable of learning how to swing back and forth immediately after watching Anna swing herself to safety while in an equally helpless position. Similarly, a nearby Vastatosaurus replicated this same maneuver as a means of successfully sneak attacking Kong. When Kong attempted to break one's jaw, they were capable of realizing the intended result of the attack and attempting to kick away his arm in hopes of escaping, albeit failing)

Mega Based, I hella appreciate the work you do Lonkitt, this is beautiful.

I agree with the OP

Looks great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back