• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reviewing Verse-Specific Powers and Abilities

Honestly, at this point, I don't care if it gets deleted. I don't blame y'all for saying it is pretty minimal (And for further clarity, at the time I didn't know the standards of verse-specific powers. I just asked about it in Vs Central and was told that it was okay if it has a few powers and it applies to multiple characters).

Kind of related, but;

I want to know the context behind this. What are you referring to?
Oh well, not much can be done about that then.

Several pages here clearly aren't related to the film continuity going by the titles

Okay, I suppose, although then specifying the debuted media (instead of just the verse) seems unecessary going by the naming convention standards in the Editing Rules.

Anyways, please confirm when you've backed the page up (then edit the affected pages accordingly) so that it can be deleted without issue.

Anyways,- Noise (Mega Man Starforce): Only three pages use it, which is lacking by current standards, should be removed if @Chaos Jester25 has no further plans on characters to add.
I hadn’t known about the 5 page minimum. My apologies. Anyway, I did have plans to make some more Starforce profiles but I got caught up with some IRL stuff so I hadn’t gotten around to it yet. Go ahead and delete the page. I’ll just remake it once the minimum is reached.

Anyways, went ahead and patrolled again, maybe I should do a CRT later to clarify in the standards that a CRT for a verse-specific power page is required even if the stuff is "already" accepted in other pages of the given verse.
Honestly Bob I feel like a page itself on the wiki relating to the Standards of Verse-Powers would be more effective. Not saying what you said is wrong, but like how there's a page for the standards of editing, format of verse pages, etc. That way, before they even make a page related to a verse's powers they got the standards on the site right there and they know what's allowed and what isn't. Hell, Chaos Jeaster and Gewzsbump even admitted that they didn't even know about some of the rules relating to creating verse-power pages. And it's not like the current standards are currently going through revisions atm. Now I understand that people can be busy, but I'd be totally down to help to make that page or at the very least propose it. Cause at this point, only CRT's doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

Honestly Bob I feel like a page itself on the wiki relating to the Standards of Verse-Powers would be more effective. Not saying what you said is wrong, but like how there's a page for the standards of editing, format of verse pages, etc. That way, before they even make a page related to a verse's powers they got the standards on the site right there and they know what's allowed and what isn't. Hell, Chaos Jeaster and Gewzsbump even admitted that they didn't even know about some of the rules relating to creating verse-power pages. And it's not like the current standards are currently going through revisions atm. Now I understand that people can be busy, but I'd be totally down to help to make that page or at the very least propose it. Cause at this point, only CRT's doesn't seem to be doing the trick.
I'd appreciate if you could push it forward, I'm quite busy lately with university to do much on the site right now, although I'd point out the idea of a whole page for this was denied out of it being a bit late as there's several pages all over the place out of there being no standard format page for verse-specific P&As for years since their inception, unless you'd also be willing to push for the pages being updated accordingly.

How much time should be given for a reply? At this pace it seems there's no interest at all to begin with.

Anyways, please confirm when you've backed the page up (then edit the affected pages accordingly) so that it can be deleted without issue.
@Gewsbumpz_dude I've gone ahead and backed it up here, this page can be removed now

I hadn’t known about the 5 page minimum. My apologies. Anyway, I did have plans to make some more Starforce profiles but I got caught up with some IRL stuff so I hadn’t gotten around to it yet. Go ahead and delete the page. I’ll just remake it once the minimum is reached.
Backed the page up then, this can be deleted for now in that case

Thats because not all the pages have been remade having this. (been working on other verses as of recent) all the pages will have this. (no exceptions) it's got more than enough profiles to have this stay.
Okay I suppose, just don't take too long as once I had to ask to have a verse-specific power being removed because a certain user wasn't willing to add more users even after being constantly asked for over a year.

Also bump for all the other cases left:

- Magic (Frieren: Beyond Journey's End): Justifications are lacking, there's no summary, and it barely meets the 5 page criteria, and while there's a linked blog post for further explanations, it just goes over the in-verse semantics of using the power as a whole, seems quite borderline and I'd appreciate if @YungManzi could bring it up to standard. In other words the issue here is more on quality than standards per-say.

- Occultism (Ordem Paranormal): Okay from a glance, but the page just explains verse semantics over giving proper justifications to the claimed powers, turning it of quite low quality, the user that made the page doesn't seem to be on this forum, so... can @Bernkastelll help here?

- Planeswalker Physiology (Magic: The Gathering): Very good page, but... only three pages use it, does @ActuallySpaceMan42 and I presume @Wokistan have plans to add more pages with it?

- Plant Physiology (Trigun): Besides the tier 1 stuff as a whole being very questionable on the verse, only three pages use this page, does @LordGinSama has plans to add more pages with it?

- Stand: IDK if a Trivia section is within the purposes of the site at all, I'd like general thoughts on the matter by staff, I'm also noticing that the amount of pages using this one is also lacking, with only 4 characters, it does seem there's work to add more characters with it, however. @Chariot190 is worth pinging here.

I have taken care of the force and noise
@Gewsbumpz_dude I've gone ahead and backed it up here, this page can be removed now
But in this case the profiles have that the ability warranted a large number of other abilities, should they be removed since there is no longer anything to prove it?

It seems they just redundantly listed powers already mentioned in the verse-specific P&A, so they could just be reformatted slightly (namely by stopping listing what now is a red link then just listing the powers as normal), @Gewsbumpz_dude should add proper justifications/scans on the pages later on, however.

Ok so, what exactly is the problem being said about the magic page? I don’t really understand the criticism

- Planeswalker Physiology (Magic: The Gathering): Very good page, but... only three pages use it, does @ActuallySpaceMan42 and I presume @Wokistan have plans to add more pages with it?
Yes, at the moment a lot of Planeswalker Profiles are outdated, but all of them will be using this page in the future. Sadly I haven't been able to get to it since there are a lot of stuff that is outdated besides abilities. Right now we're going one CRT at a time; https://vsbattles.com/threads/major-tier-upgrades-magic-the-gathering.152493/

Ok so, what exactly is the problem being said about the magic page? I don’t really understand the criticism
- Magic (Frieren: Beyond Journey's End): Justifications are lacking, there's no summary, and it barely meets the 5 page criteria, and while there's a linked blog post for further explanations, it just goes over the in-verse semantics of using the power as a whole, seems quite borderline and I'd appreciate if @YungManzi could bring it up to standard. In other words the issue here is more on quality than standards per-say.
Basically, add a summary section at the top describing what the power is (like about every other page on the site). add more scans to justify some of the powers (currently half of the listed stuff has no scans, mentioning layers or "scaling" resistances without an elaborate argument is also bad...), rename "Standard Magical Abilities" to "Uses" (then note at the top that there's several non-generalizable uses of it that won't be listed out of that), while also removing the "Magic" page link on the title, then just link to the Magic page as one of the inherent powers for this.

Basically, add a summary section at the top describing what the power is (like about every other page on the site). add more scans to justify some of the powers (currently half of the listed stuff has no scans, mentioning layers or "scaling" resistances without an elaborate argument is also bad...),
Well, for a lot of these powers, the scans and explanations are in other parts of the profile and I felt it'd be redundant to link the same scans twice.

For instance:

Forcefield creation evidence is in the same scan as the homing scans

Resistance negation is in the same evidence as the durability negation scans. Same with resistance to magic attacks.

There's scans for everything else except flight (Which is in the blog, also who needs scans for flight? lol), Superhuman Physical Characteristics (Which is also evident from the other scans quite frankly), and summoning (Which is also kind kek, do I need scans for this? I'd rather just get rid of it since it's such a minor power rather than scour the manga to find scans of it)

Justifications and the formatting complaints are fair. Quite frankly I wasn't aware that we had a standard for how ability pages should be done, and I thought they worked more like how we do explanation blogs.

Well, for a lot of these powers, the scans and explanations are in other parts of the profile and I felt it'd be redundant to link the same scans twice.

For instance:

Forcefield creation evidence is in the same scan as the homing scans

Resistance negation is in the same evidence as the durability negation scans. Same with resistance to magic attacks.

There's scans for everything else except flight (Which is in the blog, also who needs scans for flight? lol), Superhuman Physical Characteristics (Which is also evident from the other scans quite frankly), and summoning (Which is also kind kek, do I need scans for this? I'd rather just get rid of it since it's such a minor power rather than scour the manga to find scans of it)

Justifications and the formatting complaints are fair. Quite frankly I wasn't aware that we had a standard for how ability pages should be done, and I thought they worked more like how we do explanation blogs.
Well, you can use references for that then, especially as that way you can reuse the exact same citation without it looking bad.

I'm also sure the summoning would fall as just Weapon Control if it's unusable for anything else nowadays, but if it can't be sourced beyond a mere claim it'd have to be removed, yeah.

I can see why you would think a scan for a rather non-controversial power wouldn't be required per-say, but at the same time we're talking about a page that's used as a reference itself for several others, it doesn't hurt to add just a bit more, especially for something that'd probably be fairly trivial to do. Stuff like SPC can pass without a scan, but describing that the lowest character with it is superhuman would be nice (which seems questionable now that I'm looking as some characters are tier 10, then have magic stuff unrelated to physical stats, using reactions alone for this also seems sus unless it's elaborated using magic is related)

To some degree there's clearly a consistent pattern already on how verse-specific power pages are laid out, but to be fair there's no page remotely outlining formatting standards at the moment.

Well, you can use references for that then, especially as that way you can reuse the exact same citation without it looking bad.
I don't really know how to reference... formatting-wise I mean. I could try to learn though, as I plan to induct them in another verse I'm working on.
I'm also sure the summoning would fall as just Weapon Control if it's unusable for anything else nowadays, but if it can't be sourced beyond a mere claim it'd have to be removed, yeah.
It's not that it can't be sourced per-se, more like it's an ability everyone just seems to have but is never really explained in one scan. everyone seems to have the ability to bring their staff from seemingly nowhere and hid it at will. I'm 90% sure it's not explained and just something evident throughout the series at random moments, so I'm fine with removing it.
I can see why you would think a scan for a rather non-controversial power wouldn't be required per-say, but at the same time we're talking about a page that's used as a reference itself for several others, it doesn't hurt to add just a bit more, especially for something that'd probably be fairly trivial to do. Stuff like SPC can pass without a scan, but describing that the lowest character with it is superhuman would be nice (which seems questionable now that I'm looking as some characters are tier 10, then have magic stuff unrelated to physical stats, using reactions alone for this also seems sus unless it's elaborated using magic is related)
Well they have overall superhuman combat speed. If it works better to put superhuman speed, that's fine.

I don't really know how to reference... formatting-wise I mean. I could try to learn though, as I plan to induct them in another verse I'm working on.

I'd suggest to start on that by looking here

It's not that it can't be sourced per-se, more like it's an ability everyone just seems to have but is never really explained in one scan. everyone seems to have the ability to bring their staff from seemingly nowhere and hid it at will. I'm 90% sure it's not explained and just something evident throughout the series at random moments, so I'm fine with removing it.

Usually you'd just cite an image or two of the character lacking the weapon, then them suddendly having it, if it's not shown to even "teleport in" it may as well just be Dimensional Storage instead.

Well they have overall superhuman combat speed. If it works better to put superhuman speed, that's fine.

Thing is that it'd have to be an inherent thing from using the verse-specific P&A (magic here) to begin with, rather than just an attribute everyone happens to have.

- Occultism (Ordem Paranormal): Okay from a glance, but the page just explains verse semantics over giving proper justifications to the claimed powers, turning it of quite low quality, the user that made the page doesn't seem to be on this forum, so... can @Bernkastelll help here?
The verse It self is still in construction, if the page lacks clips and others at the moment is beacuse the verse isn't fully implemented into the wiki yet and wll be as It is nailed together

Thanks to the nature of the verse beingh entirely in another language and beingh represent in a audio based midia for the most part It will take quite some time to get clips for all the justifications but It will be done

Don't cut the progress in the making

Generally you'd actually get the stuff done before publishing it, I could make entire walls of text over how I tried to do that with Barney the Dinosaur and that didn't fare well...

Generally you'd actually get the stuff done before publishing it, I could make entire walls of text over how I tried to do that with Barney the Dinosaur and that didn't fare well...
Fair, I guess who did the Ocultism profile was in a hush to post It sinse It was getting some atention of people wanting to make the verse sinse the hype isn't eternal

I'd appreciate if you could push it forward, I'm quite busy lately with university to do much on the site right now, although I'd point out the idea of a whole page for this was denied out of it being a bit late as there's several pages all over the place out of there being no standard format page for verse-specific P&As for years since their inception, unless you'd also be willing to push for the pages being updated accordingly.
Sorry for the late reply, I had finals too LOL. But I'd be down to try and push it forward. My only question is to where to propose it cause as it's a topic that relates to the wiki, should that be on Content Revision or Staff Discussion? I don't think I'm a highly trusted member of this wiki to propose a big thing like this but at the same time I don't think that this should be on Content Revision as this can affects the wiki.

Just this, it's even in the OP of this thread.
The other text seems to have been added by Ant from what I presume a now-deleted CRT (nothing is mentioned in the edit summary, and the thread would have been deleted anyways now as much we did the forum move for a reason) looking at the page's history.

Last edited:
So, remenber me defending this one? talked to some suporters of the verse, they will add the lacking content is some weeks to It

IIRC that was already removed before for that reason and barely having any powers, IDK why the blog post (which I presume only exists for backup reasons) is on the verse page (and only that one currently, I checked), and should be indeed removed.

There's already rules on not trying to use explanation pages for verse-specific P&As in disguise.

• Keep in mind that the contents of Explanation Pages should strictly use formal language, and not rely on content such as fan terms or personal pronouns referring to the author(s) of the page in question. They should also strictly focus on explaining content that can't properly fit into profile pages, such as extensive reasoning for the scale of a verse cosmology or other complicated functions and structures within it, to provide justifications and background context for their currently listed powers and tiers in this wiki, without overlapping with the structure and function of verse-specific powers and abilities pages. Explanation Pages should be linked to as justifications in the associated relevant verse and character profile pages.

Last edited:
So yeah, can I get permission by a mod to remove its link from the verse page? Featuring it blatantly breaks site standards as said before.
Sure

By the way, any page that does not meet the requirements that should be deleted? Or is it still under discussion?

Well, it's only a blog post, usually that kind of pages can remain as is, just with no verse categories or similar as they're not accepted.
Anyways, done.

Back