• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reviewing Verse-Specific Powers and Abilities

I am keeping the page name. Perhaps you mean the sections before the P&A? They are supplementary and saves me time than copy and pasting them around into each key.

It now has the appropriate category so I don't see a problem with it.

I wouldn't be a fan of that, it's misleading for a verse-specific P&A page, other cases have already been renamed for similar reasons (for this case it's the inverse, a title that implies it's an explanation page when it'd be a verse-specific P&A page).

That kind of stuff, yeah, that would be fine to be in the verse page as it's just introductory lore to such parts, you can just add in a new subsection for those or so to easily just link there as needed.

Eh, categories aren't everything to say the least, look at the first point of this post.

I wouldn't be a fan of that, it's misleading for a verse-specific P&A page, other cases have already been renamed for similar reasons (for this case it's the inverse, a title that implies it's an explanation page when it'd be a verse-specific P&A page).
I prefer the name. If a mod changes it, then that's that.
That kind of stuff, yeah, that would be fine to be in the verse page as it's just introductory lore to such parts, you can just add in a new subsection for those or so to easily just link there as needed.
Like I said, it is supplementary. For example the Heavenly Dao and Primal Chaos being supplementary evidence for conceptual manipulation, chaos manipulation, causality manipulation, Empyrean Dao key, etc.

It doesn't belong on a verse page because it is relevant to parts within that page.

It's not like I can change the name myself either way, so let's see what staff members think, I suppose.

Yeah, looking further I can agree on that part.

I just noticed this only has 8 powers and the descriptions are mostly unecessary lore that isn't too useful for our purposes, let alone no scans and some "powers" not even being proper P&As on the site to count (thus not doing any favors and reducing the effective P&As to 5).
A new version of that page is being drafted (albeit for the Legends continuity).

I suppose there's also plans for the other continuities in that regard?
I have no idea if there’s something being planned for the Canon continuity, I don’t interact with that side of the verse.

Uh... please don't mix a verse-specific P&A page with an explanation page, separate the two into their own pages.

On another note...

I just noticed this only has 8 powers and the descriptions are mostly unecessary lore that isn't too useful for our purposes, let alone no scans and some "powers" not even being proper P&As on the site to count (thus not doing any favors and reducing the effective P&As to 5).

Uh... can somebody please ping @LordTracer , @Colonel_Krukov and @Js250476 ? If the page is to stay it requires considerable additions to say the least, and I'd rather that to be the case as it's a pretty used verse-specific P&A page.
Wait, I got a question since I am not aware (I am creating right now two cosmology pages and two physiology pages), how many powers are needed “at least”?

At the very least you need 10, but it can be as low as 5 if there's particularly lengthy descriptions/citations that are really needed and aren't just bloating with unecessary information.

At the very least you need 10, but it can be as low as 5 if there's particularly lengthy descriptions/citations that are really needed and aren't just bloating with unecessary information.
Mind quoting any policy regarding this? Or even a page that talks about it? I want to make sure my 4 pages/projects not going wasted due to this.

I prefer the name. If a mod changes it, then that's that.

Like I said, it is supplementary. For example the Heavenly Dao and Primal Chaos being supplementary evidence for conceptual manipulation, chaos manipulation, causality manipulation, Empyrean Dao key, etc.

It doesn't belong on a verse page because it is relevant to parts within that page.
First things first, as IDK about the verse, would "Cultivation Realms" be an appropiate way to call the power as a whole? I can't just ask to remove the "Explanation Page" part of the name as it's clear the name of the power isn't just the name of the verse here.

In a way, yeah. In blog form it was named "Dragon Talisman Physiology" which is also appropriate.

Going by the discussion so far, can a mod please rename this to "Cultivation Realms"? Unless there's any objection, of course

Also...
How can we handle The Force in Star Wars then? Discussion is welcome

Going by the discussion so far, can a mod please rename this to "Cultivation Realms"? Unless there's any objection, of course

Also...

How can we handle The Force in Star Wars then? Discussion is welcome
I may not be a huge star wars fanatic but from what I've been told(and from what I've seen) about the series I'll give my 2 cents on it. By any chance if I'm wrong on certain information, or the way I propose conflicts with how the verse works don't hesitate to correct me. Here's what I think.
  1. it can start out with a overall general explanation of the force
  2. followed by a general abilities for all sides of the force. Like Supernatural Physical Characteristics, Telekinesis, etc.
  3. Then there can be an explanation on the the two sides of the force(if there's more, then we can add those as well). if there's advance stuff for this side then y'all can just make it like "Basic Light Force user" to "Advanced Light Force user"
  4. Have the light side and the abilites they can use
  5. have the dark side and the abilities they can use
  6. If there's weaknesses and stuff then add them
  7. And of course make sure they have references
Now the Star Wars verse could be far much more complicated that I thought and this format may not be useful, but least it's something.

Last edited:
Also I wanna ask something. I couldn't help but noticed that this page for Naruto. Does anyone even use this page? I mean it's detailed on the stuff but I don't really see Naruto profiles using it.

Also I wanna ask something. I couldn't help but noticed that this page for Naruto. Does anyone even use this page? I mean it's detailed on the stuff but I don't really see Naruto profiles using it.
f6f2cefc97a3bdcd43cebb73feff1649.png

I checked literally 10 profiles and all of them had it.

That's precisely what I was about to say. I thought they were using it at first too lol. Until I clicked the link and it showed Chi Manipulation. And in the page it said it was Energy Manipulation

Yeah, that should be fixed, one of the main reasons to have verse-specific power pages is to simplify indexing by turning it more readable and avoiding redundancy over using the same justification for several things in a notable amount of pages.

Shoot I mean considering the fact of all the things that basic Chakra control has shown to grant a Shinobi and the techniques that Shinobi's have I can actually see that page being really useful if fixed up right. I mean hell some of the Naruto pages already have a crap ton of hax and abilities just off the rip in their base form, Look at Dread's pic for Naruto's profile, there's so many abilities just from the BASIC techniques alone.

I have pending projects (2 of the same series, different novel version and one from my favourite Series). So from my side, I will notify once they are ready. It is a big project.

Bump.

The Star Wars stuff is the same, and while I could propose its removal at this point, it'd probably compromise a ton of profiles.

Sorry if this isn't the right thread but One Piece should be on a watch list because
a character in verse ( who is one of the smartest and most knowledgeable in the verse ) made a hypothesis about the sea in their specific world negating DF abilities and being implied to have some type of will/sentience.
This means Devil Fruit users may not have the water weakness in other worlds which is useful for some matches.

...How would that make it be in a watch list for the purposes of this thread? This is more of just a semantic that should probably have its own thread.

Anyways, went ahead and patrolled again, maybe I should do a CRT later to clarify in the standards that a CRT for a verse-specific power page is required even if the stuff is "already" accepted in other pages of the given verse.

- Monster Physiology (Goosebumps Film Series): Not only is this page also used for other media contrary to what the title says, the amount of powers is below the minimal of 10 and IMO lacks the detail (some powers don't even have scans) to pass the bare minimal criteria of 5, I'd suggest deleting it if @Gewsbumpz_dude can't defend it.

- Magic (Frieren: Beyond Journey's End): Justifications are lacking, there's no summary, and it barely meets the 5 page criteria, and while there's a linked blog post for further explanations, it just goes over the in-verse semantics of using the power as a whole, seems quite borderline and I'd appreciate if @YungManzi could bring it up to standard. In other words the issue here is more on quality than standards per-say.

- Nevadean Physiology (Madness Combat): Only two pages use this, should be deleted if @Comiphorous has no plans to add more character pages with it.

- Noise (Mega Man Starforce): Only three pages use it, which is lacking by current standards, should be removed if @Chaos Jester25 has no further plans on characters to add.

- Occultism (Ordem Paranormal): Okay from a glance, but the page just explains verse semantics over giving proper justifications to the claimed powers, turning it of quite low quality, the user that made the page doesn't seem to be on this forum, so... can @Bernkastelll help here?

- Planeswalker Physiology (Magic: The Gathering): Very good page, but... only three pages use it, does @ActuallySpaceMan42 and I presume @Wokistan have plans to add more pages with it?

- Plant Physiology (Trigun): Besides the tier 1 stuff as a whole being very questionable on the verse, only three pages use this page, does @LordGinSama has plans to add more pages with it?

- Stand: IDK if a Trivia section is within the purposes of the site at all, I'd like general thoughts on the matter by staff, I'm also noticing that the amount of pages using this one is also lacking, with only 4 characters, it does seem there's work to add more characters with it, however. @Chariot190 is worth pinging here.

And regarding The Force, as a reminder...

Given the lack of interest to properly fix this after several months, it may have to be deleted in lack of better options.

Can a mod please ping the tagged users here?

Last edited:
- Monster Physiology (Goosebumps Film Series): Not only is this page also used for other media contrary to what the title says, the amount of powers is below the minimal of 10 and IMO lacks the detail (some powers don't even have scans) to pass the bare minimal criteria of 5, I'd suggest deleting it if @Gewsbumpz_dude can't defend it.
@Gewsbumpz_dude
- Magic (Frieren: Beyond Journey's End): Justifications are lacking, there's no summary, and it barely meets the 5 page criteria, and while there's a linked blog post for further explanations, it just goes over the in-verse semantics of using the power as a whole, seems quite borderline and I'd appreciate if @YungManzi could bring it up to standard. In other words the issue here is more on quality than standards per-say.
@YungManzi
- Nevadean Physiology (Madness Combat): Only two pages use this, should be deleted if @Comiphorous has no plans to add more character pages with it.
@Comiphorous
- Noise (Mega Man Starforce): Only three pages use it, which is lacking by current standards, should be removed if @Chaos Jester25 has no further plans on characters to add.
@Chaos Jester25
- Occultism (Ordem Paranormal): Okay from a glance, but the page just explains verse semantics over giving proper justifications to the claimed powers, turning it of quite low quality, the user that made the page doesn't seem to be on this forum, so... can @Bernkastelll help here?
@Bernkastelll
- Planeswalker Physiology (Magic: The Gathering): Very good page, but... only three pages use it, does @ActuallySpaceMan42 and I presume @Wokistan have plans to add more pages with it?
@ActuallySpaceMan42 @Wokistan
- Plant Physiology (Trigun): Besides the tier 1 stuff as a whole being very questionable on the verse, only three pages use this page, does @LordGinSama has plans to add more pages with it?
@LordGinSama
- Stand: IDK if a Trivia section is within the purposes of the site at all, I'd like general thoughts on the matter by staff, I'm also noticing that the amount of pages using this one is also lacking, with only 4 characters, it does seem there's work to add more characters with it, however. @Chariot190 is worth pinging here.
@Chariot190

@Gewsbumpz_dude
Honestly, at this point, I don't care if it gets deleted. I don't blame y'all for saying it is pretty minimal (And for further clarity, at the time I didn't know the standards of verse-specific powers. I just asked about it in Vs Central and was told that it was okay if it has a few powers and it applies to multiple characters).

Kind of related, but;
Monster Physiology (Goosebumps Film Series): Not only is this page also used for other media contrary to what the title says
I want to know the context behind this. What are you referring to?

Back