• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resistance of Goku to disintegration and heat

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Supreme Kaiosama of generations ago just being close to the energy that Goku and Bills created their bodies would be disintegrated, however Goku held her with his hands to try to stop her and later destroyed her with his fists, I would also say that he has resistance to Sun by the form that had the sphere of energy but that is speculative.

Resistance of Goku to disintegration and heat 1
Resistance of Goku to disintegration and heat 2
Resistance of Goku to disintegration and heat 3
Resistance of Goku to disintegration and heat 4

Ki blasts have never been explicitly stated to be able to generate heat and Goku can not survive the heat of Earth's core.

I agree with this. It lines up with elder kai and Whis's statements of Goku being vaporized by energy of that magnitude, and being able to resist the energy.

Goku has already resistance to existance erasure, so nothing to add here. That's a big ki blast but gives no heat resistance because it's the same as saying that Frieza Supernova does the same.

Eh...that seems more like durability in general. The universe busting energy was thought by Old Kai to far surpass those two, and the universe in general. Logical to think that at Ground Zero, they'd be vaporized (I mean, it's DB after all. Vaporization is commonplace), but he was wrong.

Actually about that shouldn't he also have resistance to Soul Destruction since he survived the energy of the Hakai?

Maybe it's just a super strong attack that can disintegrate the targets. Assuming that it generates heat just because it looks like a star is not valid and ki energy doesn't seem to work like conventional energy in real world(the higher amount of energy, the more heat it yields).

Kowt said:
Ki blasts have never been explicitly stated to be able to generate heat and Goku can not survive the heat of Earth's core.
Ki blasts do generate heat. In the recent "sniper" episode, Piccolo and Gohan were shown to generate fake heat signatures using tiny ki beams.

Frost used a tiny beam which burned Roshi's forehead to some degree as indicated by the smoke.

This blast from Beerus legit put the water on fire.

EDIT: The scan doesn't show the water on fire, my bad, but go check episode 14. You can find it there.

DBS - Universal Durability

No. We've been over this one before. Two different powers. Link and Ganon for example don't resist soul manipulation because don't resists existence erasure...well, they do resist soul manipulation, but for different reasons.

AKM sama said:
Kowt said:
Ki blasts do generate heat. In the recent "sniper" episode, Piccolo and Gohan were shown to generate fake heat signatures using tiny ki beams.
Frost used a tiny beam which burned Roshi's forehead to some degree as indicated by the smoke.

This blast from Beerus legit put the water on fire.

EDIT: The scan doesn't show the water on fire, my bad, but go check episode 14.

DBS - Universal Durability
So I'm mistaken but I agree with what Dark649 said. "That's a big ki blast but gives no heat resistance because it's the same as saying that Frieza Supernova does the same."

Goku can resist having his soul erased (not manipulated, absorbed etc, only erased) but that's already included in the resistance against EE, so it would be redundant to add it

About the ki blast, I feel this is just their durability. I mean according to the Daizenshuu ki blasts, if powerful enough, can atomise too but enough durabilty protects them.

About heat resistance, ssj1 Vegeta in the U6 tournament was able to physically touch and survive Magetta's attacks. So if someone is as durable as ssj1 Vegeta during U6 arc or more should get something like "ability to survive high temperatures" or "limited resistance to high heat" or something like that.

We know they use ki to make their bodies and skin more durable and durability of a body in general also means that the body can survive high temperatures without getting vaporised. So anyone who scales to this should get resistance to high heat imo.
DBS - Lava

What about Goku not capable of surviving the temperature of the Earth's core? Since the Earth's core is much hotter than lava, does that mean durability empowerment has its limit or is it just inconsistency?

You only need like mcb level durability to survive the heat of core of the sun, fiction usually treats surviving in the sun as some sort of impressive feat though.

Wagashi beams melted a steel tower, Zamasu litteraly caused a city to ignite, Trunks galock gun on black that busted a mountain showed melting near the center plus more. Not sure where no attacks don't generate heat come from.

Also its probably not even an inconsistency, goku probably doesn't know he can survive the core, like its goku, what do ya expect?

Not being able to survive in the core of Earth can be due to several other resons. We know Goku needs a breatheable atmosphere to survive and that's his biggest weakness smh. It can be argued that Goku needed the suit because there is no oxygen and poisonous gases in the core of Earth. I mean it was never stated that Goku needed the suit because of heat.

Another thing I want to point out is that when Whis and Beerus arrived in the core Goku had his suit on, but when they teleported to the surface again, his suit was gone. Maybe he removed it in the core before teleporting?

And about the whole "disintegration" or "atomisation" point, I feel we should add something to the existing information. Currently the profile says this :

"Chi Manipulation for defensive (Can use his ki to enhance his natural durability and harden his skin to the extent he's able to block sword attacks from a fellow Super Saiya with only his finger) and offensive (Can shoot ki blasts capable of crossing thousands of kilometers and blowing up entire planets) purposes"

We can add this bit about atomization in this so it would look like this:

"
Chi Manipulation for defensive (Can use his ki to enhance his natural durability and harden his skin to the extent he's able to block sword attacks from a fellow Super Saiya with only his finger) and offensive (Can shoot ki blasts capable of crossing thousands of kilometers, blowing up entire planets and atomizing opponents) purposes"

Celestial Pegasus said:
You only need like mcb level durability to survive the heat of core of the sun, fiction usually treats surviving in the sun as some sort of impressive feat though.
Wouldn't being in the center of the Sun still kill most characters? As far as I know there is no oxygen in the Sun, and if there is it would certainly be superheated to the point of being unbreathable.

The real cal howard said:
>Atomizing opponents
No. I honestly won't say more, because I'm jaded from it.
I don't know if we follow the Daizenshuu here when it doesn't contradict anything shown in the series or not but it's written here that Freeza was reduced to atoms by Trunks.

DBZ - Atomisation

AKM sama said:
>Atomizing opponents
No. I honestly won't say more, because I'm jaded from it.
I don't know if we follow the Daizenshuu here when it doesn't contradict anything shown in the series or not but it's written here that Freeza was reduced to atoms by Trunks.
DBZ - Atomisation
If I recall correctly, this site does not approve secondary canon sources.

Gero got his information when Freeza arrived on Earth, before getting atomized.

Also, saying that he got disintegrated would be as much of a speculation as saying that he got atomized. It's just that a piece of media actually suggests that he was reduced to atoms and that's why I brought this up.

There were Frieza's remains when Sorbet revived him. If I'm not mistaken, in order to revive someone Shenron needs the body or the remains of that person.

If Frieza was atomized, how did Gero get his biological information?
DNA samples are far more prominent then you may think he doesn't have to study his remains just some DNA samples around where he and the others fought, plus Shenron said Frieza was far too gone to wish back to life as it would be pointless in ROF

Kowt said:
If I recall correctly, this site does not approve secondary canon sources.
Yes, also Frieza was reduced to pieces and not atoms, since the main questions were i debunked i should close this because it will go back and fourth.

Okay, but I think people agree with the resistance to heat thing, so don't close it just yet.

Literally all the 8-A and onwards characters can survive inside the sun, so no.

Besides what's stopping us from saying anything like that happening go Frieza wasn't due to the sheer difference in power?

I'm pretty sure if you get blasted from someone so much stronger than you you aren't going to be destroyed in the normal fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back