• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Profiles For Resident Evil Biohazard and Village (specifically) are an absolute mess.

Ethan Winter's Page Is Outdated. We've discussed revisions and additions here and here. It's been months, and nothing's been added despite numerous changes and upgrades being agreed on. And he's long overdue for a better defining of his tier and a speed upgrade.

Miranda's Page Only Needs Minor Changes. I'll get to that later, when I talk about upgrades and other revisions.

Alcina Dimitrescu's Page Is In Need Of Minor Changes. A similar case to Miranda, I'd say.

Minor Changes For Jack Baker As Well. This one's a pretty small change, but it does need to happen in my opinion.

Speed Upgrades

These changes are pretty simple. First off, I'd like to say Ethan should be upgraded to at least Superhuman or at most Subsonic due to him regularly fighting with Lycans and other monsters that are explicitly stated to be superhuman throughout the entire game. As for Subsonic, I've heard Ethan can arrow time at close range. Alcina shouldn't have ever had a Normal Human rating, due to easily being able to strike Ethan before he can react, and she should also be superior to her daughters who are also able to fight with Ethan at close range. So I'd suggest a Superhuman upgrade for Alcina, due to her being killed by Ethan before he does these arrow timing feats. She should also have this rating regardless, due to her being a successful Cadou enhanced entity. And as shown before, Cadou users are superior to humans.

Miranda should get Superhuman to Subsonic, just like Ethan due to actually being faster than he is. As well as logically being superior to the other lords, two of whom should be ranked at Superhuman at the very least. As for Jack Baker, I'd ask that his first and third key both be upgraded to Superhuman due to the molded once again, being said to be superior to humans. His third key should most certainly have a superhuman rating, due to out speeding a motor boat while slowed down by water. Mind you, most motor boats can travel at about 30mph, which is already Superhuman to begin with. The other molded from Biohazard should receive a similar upgrade, like Eveline and Marguerite, should we ever make a profile for her. The Lycans should at least be scaled to a Gray Wolf, due to those being the main wolves found in Romania and they also seem to closely resemble them. Gray Wolves can apparently sprint at up to 40 mph, which is also a Superhuman level of speed.

Finally, Ethan should not be scaled to Chris. While they most likely fought in Ethan's training, Chris would obviously not be going all out in a sparring match with a "normal" guy. This also goes for strength and attack potency.

Strength/Attack Potency Upgrades

Obviously, something has to be done here. There are no calculations for anything from RE: 7 or 8, save for Eveline's earthquake. So, I'd like to request some calculations actually. Namely for Alcina smashing apart sections of the castle in her fight.

This only applies to Mutated Alcina, Not base Alcina.

Naturally, Miranda's base form would scale to this, due to her being superior to Alcina. Ethan's durability would scale to this, but his strength would not due to him not being able to really hurt Dimitrescu with his knife strikes. While on the topic of Ethan, he should scale to his durability from the first game at the very least, due to him now being superior to his former self. Ethan is also able to kill the molded with his physical strength, and they can survive being lit on fire for several seconds, which is a wall level feat. The RE 8 cast should also scale to this, due to being more powerful than RE 7 and 8 Ethan.

Ethan should also have a separate tag/key for his weapons like the other RE protagonists have. I'd also propose a Lifting Strength upgrade for Ethan. That being from Athletic Human to Peak Human or possibly higher, due to being able to grapple with large monsters, and throw off Lycans and Molded, both of which are superhuman. As for the possible highest he could scale, he can block hits from Urias, who can lift and throw massive stone pillars. This only applys to lifting strength, and durability, due to him once again not really being able to hurt Urias with his physical weapons. Next, we need to actually add Ethan's weapons from RE 8.

Jack Baker's AP is fine for the most part, but could be improved if we had some numbers to apply to his strength. Feats we could calculate would be the car explosion and his brick pillar destroying feat. These would scale to RE 7 Ethan's durability, and thus RE 8 Ethan's AP. And should we need more reasoning for Ethan to scale to Molded and Lycans, Ethan himself is a Molded. Alcina's base form should be scaled above Ethan, due to her easily throwing him around.

Miscellaneous

Ethan needs a range upgrade, due to his sniper rifle. As previously mentioned, we need to add his new weapons. A list can be found here. Ethan's previously discussed and agreed upon abilities need to be added.

Profile Proposals

Next, I'd like to propose some profiles that I think we should make. First, we need profiles for Lycans and Molded, due to both of them being used for scaling here. Next, we should make a page for both Karl Heisenberg and for Marguerite Baker. Joe Baker could also have a page. Urias is the strongest Lycan and actually has a pretty decent feat that the lords could scale too. So he needs a page. We could also make pages for the Dimitrescu daughters (Bela, Cassandra and Daniela). Finally, Salvatore Moreau and Donna Beneviento should have a page. I'll discuss where I think they should scale in my next point.

Scaling

All right, here we go.

Bottom of the barrel is Donna Beneviento. RE 8 states in game that Donna has no superhuman attributes and only has her hallucinatory powers. And doll control. Next, Lycans and Molded. Both are the most basic enemies in the game, but should be decently into wall level. RE 7 Ethan scales to these, and base form Marguerite should scale to these. Marguerite should scale to a Molded in base albeit higher than Ethan, due to being weaker than Jack but still being stronger than Ethan. Base Jack upscales from Molded and Ethan due to easily being able to manhandle Ethan. Mutated and Swamp Man Jack should be similar to one another in power. Mutated Marguerite should scale to Base Jack, due to being able to damage Ethan in a similar way. Joe Baker should scale to Base Jack due to easily stomping Molded with his bare hands. Urias, the strongest Lycan, should scale above Jack Baker due to his pillar feat. Alcina's base form should be on a similar level to Jack Baker/Urias, or significantly above a Molded/Lycan. RE 8 Ethan could also be scaled above Molded and Lycans, but to an unknown level as while he's clearly just strong as they are, if not stronger, he's still weaker than Alcina. However, he could be compared to one of the Dimitrescu Daughters, which are in a similar position to him, clearly scaling above the Molded/Lycans to an unknown degree.

Next, Moreau's base form should be ranked at unknown due to him never really physically fighting. His fish form should be scaled to Alcina's mutated form, due to both having similar sizes and due to both smashing apart decently large sections of rock. Karl Heisenberg's base form should be scaled to Mutated Moreau and Dimitrescu, due to him canonically be stated to be more powerful than them. He also upscales from Urias's pillar tossing feat. His mutated form clearly upscales his base form, but I'm unsure by how much. Perhaps there's something someone could calculate. Finally, Miranda should upscale from the mutated forms of Moreau and Dimitrescu and Heisenberg's mutated form as well. She should also upscale Eveline, due to her being able to use the Megamycete to effect the entire village, while Eveline was only able to use her mold to effect a ranch. Miranda was also weakened while she did this, so we need to keep that in mind. This will need to be calculated, but I would venture a guess that it hits mid Tier 8 at the very least.

As for suggesting Keys, I would suggest the following. Marguerite, Joe, Alcina, Miranda, Heisenberg and Moreau should have two keys. Marguerite, Alcina, Heisenberg and Moreau separating their base and mutated forms, Joe for his base form and gauntlet buff and finally Miranda for her physical strength and for the Megamycete. Ethan should also have two keys. One for his RE7 self, and one for his RE 8 self.

Further Scaling Organization

Low 9-B: Molded, Lycans, Ethan Winters (RE 7/With RE7 Small Arms), Marguerite (Base)

Mid 9-B: Ethan Winters (RE 8/With RE8 Small Arms), Dimitrescu Daughters

High 9-B: Jack Baker, Marguerite (Mutated), Joe Baker, Alcina (Base)

Possible 9-A: Jack Baker (Mutated/Swamp Man), Joe Baker (Gauntlet), Urias, Moreau (Mutated), Alcina (Mutated), Heisenberg (Base)

Possible Higher 9-A: Heisenberg (Mutated), Miranda

8-C: Ethan Winters (With Heavy Weapons)

Likely Higher Tier 8: Miranda (With Megamycete)

Peak Human Lifting Strength: Everyone (RE 7 and 8)

Superhuman Speed (Combat/Reactions): Everyone (RE 7 and 8)

Possible Subsonic Speed (Combat/Reactions): Ethan Winters (RE 8 Late Game), Heisenberg (Both forms), Miranda

Below Average Human Speed (Movement): Jack Baker (Mutated), Molded

That said, I think that's everything. Thank you for your time in reading through this CRT. I hope I put this together well, and am fully prepared to make any revisions or additions necessary.

Last edited:
Thank god this is honestly past due and you did some good work, I agree with everything and await the calcs

I'll take a further look into this later and give a response to what I think is fine.

The ratings look okay from a quick read (I assume you mean that the characters are in the low/hid/high tiers of the franchise, not being rated as such due to the tiers not existing), however I can really comment in detail as I haven't played the newer games.

These changes are pretty simple. First off, I'd like to say Ethan should be upgraded to at least Superhuman or at most Subsonic due to him regularly fighting with Lycans and other monsters that are explicitly stated to be superhuman throughout the entire game.
Lycans being physically superhuman (something we know) isn't necessarily indicative of speed, we'd need more evidence for this.

As for Subsonic, I've heard Ethan can arrow time at close range.
Are you positive this couldn't just be a factor of aim dodging? Do you have a proper reference for this?

His third key should most certainly have a superhuman rating, due to out speeding a motor boat while slowed down by water. Mind you, most motor boats can travel at about 30mph, which is already Superhuman to begin with.
Was the motor boat going exceptionally fast? What is the context here?

The Lycans should at least be scaled to a Gray Wolf, due to those being the main wolves found in Romania and they also seem to closely resemble them. Gray Wolves can apparently sprint at up to 40 mph, which is also a Superhuman level of speed.
This would just be simple conjecture and not based in any sort of fact, and I would be uneasy to give speed ratings off vague resemblance.

Ethan's durability would scale to this, but his strength would not due to him not being able to really hurt Dimitrescu with his knife strikes.
Ethan has a Type 2 factor, but mind you that his hand was instantly cut off by a non-transformed Alcina, I don't believe fully scaling to the mutated form's attacks would be correct.

Ethan is also able to kill the molded with his physical strength, and they can survive being lit on fire for several seconds, which is a wall level feat.
The calculation you mention uses human skin as a factor, but most of the Molded are just, for the most part, Mold:

"A human that has been infected by an idiomycete and transformed into a completely different entity. It loses its intelligence and attacks prey on instinct. It has unusually high vitality, but ceases function when the central nervous system in its head is destroyed."

The phrases "completely different entity" and "unusually high vitality" are important here, one emphasizes the factor that they are different in some way, and the other speaks to it's resilience rather than raw durability. That alone could excuse their survival, in my eyes.

We do know Jack also does this as just a Mold-infected human, but my problem isn't with Jack as we already know he's durable as well as he is strong.

That being from Athletic Human to Peak Human or possibly higher, due to being able to grapple with large monsters, and throw off Lycans and Molded, both of which are superhuman.
Problem being with the label superhuman again, we don't know if it entails being inhumanly strong as it relates to busting through something or lifting something. Admittedly a lesser issue than the speed category justification but I'd still prefer some examples of a higher LS here.

As for the possible highest he could scale, he can block hits from Urias, who can lift and throw massive stone pillars.
I think this speaks to Ethan's resilience or durability rather than his LS, he's not in a tussle with Urias, just shielding himself from damage as he does against anyone else.

Ethan needs a range upgrade, due to his sniper rifle. As previously mentioned, we need to add his new weapons. A list can be found here. Ethan's previously discussed and agreed upon abilities need to be added.
This is fine.

The scaling part is for the most part fine but the ratings you are attempting to provide need more justification, as we don't jump tiers through scaling chains. Stuff like Swamp Man Jack or Heisenberg and Urias being above Alcina in base would need to be elaborated on.

Joe for his base form and gauntlet buff
He wouldn't need an extra key for this, he'd just be listed as "X" or "higher" with the gauntlets.

That's my two cents.

Abstractions makes sense to me as well.

So what, if anything, do we need to do based on her conclusions?

Lycans being physically superhuman (something we know) isn't necessarily indicative of speed, we'd need more evidence for this.

Are you positive this couldn't just be a factor of aim dodging? Do you have a proper reference for this?

Was the motor boat going exceptionally fast? What is the context here?

This would just be simple conjecture and not based in any sort of fact, and I would be uneasy to give speed ratings off vague resemblance.

Ethan has a Type 2 factor, but mind you that his hand was instantly cut off by a non-transformed Alcina, I don't believe fully scaling to the mutated form's attacks would be correct.

The calculation you mention uses human skin as a factor, but most of the Molded are just, for the most part, Mold:

"A human that has been infected by an idiomycete and transformed into a completely different entity. It loses its intelligence and attacks prey on instinct. It has unusually high vitality, but ceases function when the central nervous system in its head is destroyed."

The phrases "completely different entity" and "unusually high vitality" are important here, one emphasizes the factor that they are different in some way, and the other speaks to it's resilience rather than raw durability. That alone could excuse their survival, in my eyes.

We do know Jack also does this as just a Mold-infected human, but my problem isn't with Jack as we already know he's durable as well as he is strong.

Problem being with the label superhuman again, we don't know if it entails being inhumanly strong as it relates to busting through something or lifting something. Admittedly a lesser issue than the speed category justification but I'd still prefer some examples of a higher LS here.

I think this speaks to Ethan's resilience or durability rather than his LS, he's not in a tussle with Urias, just shielding himself from damage as he does against anyone else.

This is fine.

The scaling part is for the most part fine but the ratings you are attempting to provide need more justification, as we don't jump tiers through scaling chains. Stuff like Swamp Man Jack or Heisenberg and Urias being above Alcina in base would need to be elaborated on.

He wouldn't need an extra key for this, he'd just be listed as "X" or "higher" with the gauntlets.

That's my two cents.
My responses may be out of order, but I'll do my best to address every issue here.

As for the motor boat thing, Jack was kidnapping Zoe, who Joe was very determined to save. It only makes sense that he'd be using the Boat's top speed.

Next, Heisenberg is noted by Miranda herself to be the strongest of the lords, as his compatibility with his Cadou Implant was by far the best. Urias is likely baseless upon looking back on it. Same applies to Swampman Jack.

As for Superhuman speed for Lycans and Molded, Lycans could have this rating through being able to jump several meters in a single bound, and through being able to aim-dodge gunfire. Molded being superhuman is likely baseless, but Peak Human should still apply, I think.

As for the fire calc, could the calculation be adjusted for Mold? If not, Ethan is still able to harm Jack with his knife, so such scaling is still theoretically possible.

I had a friend take a video of Ethan's interactions with arrows. The Lycan is two of it's steps away from Ethan. He can also block arrows with the LZ Anwserer in the same fashion, which would net higher results than the knife.

As for the LS issues, Lycans can easily throw Ethan several meters with one hand, and are also able to bust a decent size hole in a wooden wall, which should justify Wall level at the very least.

For Ethan's durability, I think it should be noted that Mutated Alcina doesn't use sharp force trauma, rather she uses Blunt Force Trauma. Her claws could be classed as piercing damage, or should be ranked similarly to knives, which are street level through cutting, rather than through blunt force like baseball bats and the like. He's clearly less resistant to sharp things, as he can easily tank being thrown around various foes in both games, but is always hurt by sharp things, like lycan and molded fangs and claws, Jack's shovel/paint roller/chainsaw and other such things. If you choose to not scale him to Alcina, then he should at least be scaled to Urias. (the pillar feats really needs calculating, and I've got scans for it.)

And in regards to the scaling chain and the tiers, that was more of a guideline of where I expected things to land and a way for me to keep them all separate.

I think I got everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back