• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SPOILER SPOILER RESIDENT EVIL 8 ETHAN WINTERS FEATS SPOILER

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER​

YOU HAVE BEEN ALERTED ABOUT SPOILER​

BEFORE SOMEONE SAYS, YES I TRIED TO COVER THE VIDEO PREVIEWS WITH SPOILER FUNCTION.​

So with the launch of Resident evil 8 Ethan Winters got some interresting feats.

So Spoiler alert:

Ethan died earlier in RE7 and the Ethan we played on RE7 and 8 is a mold copy (similar to John's carpenter the thing), which explains why he can reattache limbs and regen from wounds, knowing this is necessary for the regen feats.

REGEN UPGRADES:​

Timestamp: 0:31

Ethan is stabbed in 3 places, one of them hits digestive organs and the spine, Ethan is throwed outside and keeps fighting like nothing happened to him which implies fast regeneration and capable of regenerating important organs.

Another feat is here

Timestamp: 20:37

A giant monster bites and slashes Ethan in the chest hitting the lungs, and Ethan just regenerates back.

So in conclusion: Ethan's regen gets upgraded to Low-Mid regen (Limited of course because he cant regen limbs).

IMMORTALITY ADDITIONS:​

Mother miranda rips Ethans heart out, Eveline explains why ethan is dead and Duke talks how ethan body is falling apart.
This implies no matter how much ethans gets hurt, if his heart isnt destroyed, he will live and regen what he is capable off and this is implied that the his body started to fall apart after getting the heart out.

Which i suggest: Ethan gets Limited immortality type 2 and 3 (Type 2 and Type 3 limited to is heart not getting destroyed and regeneration limited to organs, he still can reattache limbs but cant grow limbs).

DURABILITY UPGRADE:​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOAVLuCcUBQ&t=95s

Ethan survives this huge fall without problems.

Propably scales to AP.

Time stamp: 7:12

SKILL UPGRADE:​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdzkmBBnHbo

Ethan states that him and Mia received Military Training

Time stamp: 5:46

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpsjg8cg5mg

And thanks to this training he is capable of throwing a trained Soldier and of course tactical reloads.

Time stamp: 4:57.

SPEED, SKILL AND LIFTING STRENGHT SCALLING:​

Thanks to training, he should be above Cop Leon and STARS Teams in speed, Skill and Lifting Strenght, but relative or comparable at best to RE 4 Leon and BSAA Chris and Jill

WEAKNESS ADDITION:​

Should be listed in case Ethans Heart dies/destroyed, his regen will get weaker till he dies (but health items still works, but cant stop the process of dying) and only will have some hours before dying.

POSSIBLE SOUL IMMUNITY:​

Since Ethan died and Ethan currenctly is just a mold copy ( is important to not confuse with wesker ressurecting in RE1), so depending on the standards Fungus, virus and etc, dont have a soul, which would apply to Ethan.

Ethan also has a case for mind control resistance since he didn't become controlled by Eveline, even momentarily after becoming a part of her node of the fungal megamycete hivemind.

That being said, Eveline isn't a particularly good mind controller considering Zoe broke out of the hivemind by herself and Lucas managed to act independently for long enough while being mind controlled to contact the Connections and get himself disconnected. Even for those being controlled, Mia was constantly breaking out of Eve's control, and Marguerite broke out temporarily to allow Zoe to escape in Daughters. Even Jack had moments where he was being suspiciously merciful to Ethan, like when he potentially slices Ethan's foot off and instead of finishing the job, he sits on the floor for a while and passes medical fluid to Ethan so he can reattach his foot.

So it's not very strong but it is mind control resistance.

Ethan has some degree of a telepathic connection with his daughter as whenever he picks up a piece of his daughter, he receives a flashback from Rose's perspective showing what Miranda and the 4 Nobles did to her. This explains why Miranda started to lose her powers during the final bossfight, allowing a dying Ethan to manage to put up a fight with her even though he wasn't able to when he was healthy. Possibly Rose caught on to her father being in trouble and siphoned some amount of mold control and power away. This also implies that Rose could have been directly conversing with her father in the final cutscene.

Last edited:
This information is unconfirmed by Capcom and thus irrelevant to this CRT but
if you use photo mode to zoom to the final cutscene when Rose and her observer are driving away, the shadowy figure on the hill is actually Ethan, so its possible he or Mother Miranda survived that explosion. Or Ethan's model is being used as a placeholder but that's unlikely imo. If Ethan survived, it raises interesting implications for future games since Rose will likely be a future protagonist.

I know some new thing are being broght up.

I can add them on another thread and for sake of keeping the votes 100% legit

Would you consider Mother Miranda the most powerful RE character thus far?
Hmm i would consider G-Virus> Tyrant 102 from Re Damnation above anyone else on AP (Wesker still would win against Re Damnation tyrant because of speed blitz, though he would need some prep time to damage the mutate version), though Wesker vs Miranda can be a fun matchup considering she does have some decent hax and Regen for Re verse.

G-Virus is bordeline impossible to stop on RE verse without prep time and suitable place that have op self-destruction.

Wesker still would win against Re Damnation tyrant because of speed blitz, though he would need some prep time to damage the mutate version.
according to the pages, Wesker cannot be harmed by the dammation tyrants due to surviving several Rpgs (who are high 8-C). And the two have 9-A AP.

Rpgs are high-8C, because el gigantes have 2 high 8-C feats and cannot survive a shot, in addition to the rpgs destroying giant boulders that are not possible in the real world.

however i want to say that Wesker faced 2 T-103 models in base form at the same time and had some difficulty, because they could hurt him and somehow follow his movements(umbrella chronicles).

So ALL tyrants should upgrade to high 8-C. and Wesker can hurt those that can warm him since he hurt Alexia who could hurt him, so high 8-C AP too.

Atleast one staff input would be necessary considering supporters + alot of people agreed.

I did contact Lordgriffin he/she is still playing RE8.

I didnt find Mr.Mambu cname here on the wiki for input.

Atleast one staff input would be necessary considering supporters + alot of people agreed.

I did contact Lordgriffin he/she is still playing RE8.

I didnt find Mr.Mambu cname here on the wiki for input.
Nvm the profiles are already unlocked so I'm gonna make the changes

Back