• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Replace Rage Power with broader Emotion Power

We VS Battles Wiki has an ability page called Rage Power. I feel that it could be covered in Emotion Power.

For example, Yang Guo from The Condor Trilogy is a user of Sorrow Power, a sub-ability of Emotion Power, as the more sad he is, the more combat capable he is.

Do you have any other opinions regarding this?

Hulk is more known and a better representation as he;s using it more than Kratos....but a better image of Hulk where it shows it more detailed could work.

Empowerement has non-emotion related boost so maybe improving it with types or whatev could work.

Hulk is more known and a better representation as he;s using it more than Kratos....but a better image of Hulk where it shows it more detailed could work.
Kratos has more visualizations than comic Hulk (A couple here and here) and GoW2018 literally revolves around him trying to control it (Ghost of Sparta being his most famous visualization). At the very least Kratos would be in second place in terms of representation, and he definitely deserves a spot in the "Known Wielders" section.

If you wanted better detail for Hulk's rage tho, might have to look towards the Avengers film for his "I'm Always Angry" quote.

Last edited:
Most people who think of Rage Power will always think of Hulk if they have knowledge of comics and its likely to find more people who know him than Kratos. I don't say Kratos doesn't deserve a spot In the "known wielders" ... I thought we were talking about changing the picture/example put for the verse page (not the wielders).

Merging Rage Power and "Emotion Power" into Empowerment as alternative type sounds like the best way to go about things.
While we are at it, should Blessed merge with Empowerment as well? At the end of the day, it is just Divine Empowerment.

Can someone name a type of Empowerment common in fiction that is not through emotions? An example is getting more powerful if its nighttime

Empowerment by the power of others I suppose
I'd mention friendship too but it's quite vaguer and can (not necessarily) overlap with emotions.

Can someone name a type of Empowerment common in fiction that is not through emotions?
  • Divine - Receiving power and, often times, abilities directly from deities
  • Damage - Receiving power proportional to the amount of damage taken
  • Elemental - Receiving power by coming in contact with the elements, such as water (e.g., Percy Jackson)
  • Energy - Receiving power by coming in contact with energies (e.g., Kryptonians, Speed Force conduits, Lanterns, etc.)

I'd avoid including divine stuff as we already went in another thread how Holy Manip was quite inappropiate as is to have being, and too much of a mess to remove right now. Simply put, something being "divine" is kinda useless for our purposes and wouldn't be much different from a glorified category.

Zhong Yue thanks to his spirits if there is sun outside gets stronger in the day and if there is moon not covered by the clouds in the night he gets also more powerful in the night.

Most people who think of Rage Power will always think of Hulk if they have knowledge of comics and its likely to find more people who know him than Kratos. I don't say Kratos doesn't deserve a spot In the "known wielders" ... I thought we were talking about changing the picture/example put for the verse page (not the wielders).
Well if it were upto me I'd put a proper gif of both peeps, since the next person most people will think of other than the Hulk is Kratos, that and an animated representation more often than not serves as better visualization.

Maybe some good images could work and then we unite them making a single one? This way we could have more than one character to show/represent the page.

Empowermente usually stems from receiving strength from an external source, such as a the weather, a place, an object, a condition or else, like a demon being stronger in hell or when standing before some evil person.

I'd say rage power and awakened power could be merged, yes, after all some get stronger by a variety of emotions, rage, sadness, courage etc...

Can someone name a type of Empowerment common in fiction that is not through emotions? An example is getting more powerful if its nighttime
Many Pokémon depending on terrain or weather. Fire types get stronger in sunlight, Electric terrain boosts electric type moves and so on

Honestly I just think this, Empowerement and Rage Power could easily fit in a single page.
Empowerment is kinda different since not emotion based so I'm neutral on that, although IG concept is the same. I'd definitely be in favor of fusing rage power and awakened power but to be fair we do separate empathic and fear manip so there is precedent

Empowerment is kinda different since not emotion based so I'm neutral on that, although IG concept is the same. I'd definitely be in favor of fusing rage power and awakened power but to be fair we do separate empathic and fear manip so there is precedent
Just make types of Empowerement. It would make it cleaner too.
And our Fear Manip sucks

Yeah, merge Emotion Empowerment with general Empowerment. A detailed draft would be appreciated.

Back