• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ren Amamiya (Persona) vs Gilgamesh (Fate)

I knew it! I knew it someone will make his happen soon!

Anyway imma watching now since i'm bit don't know what Ren start with

What exactly is the AP difference like?

ThisIsMySwagPack said:
Is Ren baseline or what?
Not with Satanael. Ren one-shot Yaldabaoth, a being who very casually performed a baseline Low 2-C feat.

I see. What does Gilgamesh's AP look like?

He is superior to BB.

BB is powered by the Moon Cell which can casually perform low 2-C feats. She is also powered by several goddesses and among them are Tiamat , Cybele (who should be at least as powerful as Tiamat) and Seated Goddess of Catal Hoyuk, who should be superior to both of them.

In that case though, if they are just able to perform casual Low 2-C feats, Ren would at least nearly be able to one-shot them.

I'm pretty sure Gil's scaling chain is bigger considering BB isn't even baseline

That just means Yaldy was slightly above those other low 2-CS,

Also what low 2-Cs did he even stomp, the phantom theifs are only low 2-C from fighting him in the first place so I don't know if that really counts

Phantom theives are Low 2-C via defeating Holy grail, God of Control stomped them; and Ren stomped God of control.

To make things clearer. The Phantom Thieves are stronger than the Holy Grail, which casually performed a baseline Low 2-C feat. The God of Control AP-stomped the Phantom Thieves and Satanael one-shot the God of Control.

Alright let me give my two cents.

EoG Ren/Akira/Joker is >>> GoC Yaldabaoth > Phantom Thieves > The HG > Baseline

Full Power Gilgamesh is > Kiara = Kama >>> BB >>> Baseline

BB created at least 5 infinite realms at a minimum, likely more, but that puts her pretty squarely high above baseline. So Golden ******** likely has the edge in AP, though I wouldn't say by much.

Anyway, it's basically the fight between every possible NP and every possible Persona. But uh... this is Full Power Gil. He's not going to joke around. He's very likely to start pulling his most powerful NPs right from the start, each of which coming with powerful conceptual effects. Add on that Sataneal doesn't outright negate physical, I'd say Gil could probably take this.

Still, don't count my vote yet, I'm gonna spend more time looking into it.

Joker can just... switch to a different Persona that nulls Physical if he needs to. Satanael Joker just has access to Satanael. It doesn't restrict his other Personas. Joker also resists Conceptual Manipulation.

I mean conceptual effects as in effects based off of what you are. They don't affect the concept, more like activate when they detect certain concepts. And all his other Personas might be decidedly weaker than Satanael? Though I'm not sure about that one so...

Though not like it matters, Gil has enough NPs to specifically attack each Persona's weakness and a Clairvoyance-like NP that would allow him to always know what each Persona is weak to.

As for the mid-godly problem, not that I'm aware of. If Ren does get Mid-godly this will likely incon, because he can't do much to Gil past his various NPs and Gil wouldn't be able to keep him down for good.

There are Personas with no weaknesses, and Ren can have Personas inherit passive skills that cover their weaknesses. Almighty skills bypass Gil's resistance to Mind and Soul manipulation and either he gets his mental functions wrecked or his soul gets blasted out of his body, durability be damned.

All of Joker's skills affect mind, body and soul. Mind = Soul in the Persona series, and Personas as well as Shadows are materialized portions of the mind/soul.

I'm pretty sure resistance negation only works up to the best resistances it's nulled

But then again if we scale this to smt almighty it's probably nulled 8d resistances anyway

...You do realize that Gil has one of the most powerful Clairvoyance NPs possibly, right? He could just... see it coming... and dodge it...

Even if it's a really powerful projectile with high level effects, it can still be, you know, dodged?

As for the almighty, and mind/soul hax, Gil's resistance to it might be 1-C if BB's hax are truly 8-D. And wouldn't Ea be put under almighty under equalization?

Also, the passives are a huge NLF because that means that now Joker in his first key would be able to solo Goku because every persona is now immune to every element.

Paul Frank said:
I'm pretty sure resistance negation only works up to the best resistances it's nulled

But then again if we scale this to smt almighty it's probably nulled 8d resistances anyway
I doubt it scales to SMT tho. Maybe not until there is further proof they're connected.

Anyway Almighty bypass Gil defense and GG.

If it doesn't scale to smt I'm 100% sure resistance neg is limited to its best feat so it can't null gils resistances

BB bypassed Gilgamesh's mind resistance, but that doesn't mean she can bypass every mind resistance, only those on the level she was shown to do.

Back