• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removing Goku's Time Stop Resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
What Goku "resisted" is the Time-Skip, which works by moving Hit forward in time by a particular amount. Hit can also use this ability to create parallel worlds made of the time that he's skipping. It doesn't freeze opponents in time, which is why base Goku was able to counter his movements during the Tournament of Destroyers. When Hit does learn to freeze opponents in time by applying his Time-Skip onto them, SSB Kaioken Goku is totally incapable of resisting.

This isn't to say Hit can't freeze time. He did it while killing a mob boss before his rematch against Goku, but Hit never used it in the Universe 6 arc.

Last edited:
I think you missed the point a little. There's nothing to resist. Goku, even in base form, was just fast and skilled enough to counter it.

Resistance to Time Slow, sounds better since its broad enough for other verses to understand.

I think you missed the point a little. There's nothing to resist. Goku, even in base form, was just fast and skilled enough to counter it.

We should give Goku the resistance, since not all of fiction agrees with what speed you need to overcome time or time manipulation.

@ElixirBlue wouldn't it be more so resistance to like time forward or skip or whatever? Hit isn't slowing time but rather is skipping ahead of time unless that would still be time slow

True. The details of what Goku is resisting is important. But would Goku be able to resist Time Slow or is he resisting just an application of Time Manipulation?

Resistance to Time Slow, sounds better since its broad enough for other verses to understand.

We should give Goku the resistance, since not all of fiction agrees with what speed you need to overcome time or time manipulation.
It's not time slow, though. In the logic of DBS itself, Goku isn't resisting anything. Even in his base form, he's fast enough to overcome the exact same amount of time manipulation (0.1 s) that his SSB form did, despite being way way slower. The only difference is that Hit and Goku were just using much more power.

Basically, Goku just kept up because he's fast.

Last edited:
He still manipulates time to some extent; and Hit basically perceives everyone as being frozen during the timeskip, which except for characters such as Goku. Goku is still moving fast enough to which Goku physically reacts to his time skip hax. If it's not timeskip resistance, the alternative would be Precognition; which Goku has that for other reasons, but I still see moving in a dimension where time is briefly frozen as resisting time stop either way.

I'm not saying he doesn't. Skipping and storing time is still time manipulation.

Time is not frozen, though, this is explicitly stated and he had to evolve to gain that power. Hit probably perceives people as frozen due to his natural speed and because he's effectively teleporting. We know for a fact that characters can still move during time-skip.

I agree to this. I've been saying this for a long time that Goku moving in Hit's dimension isn't time stop resistance. Goku being able to break Hit's dimension is a weakness of Hit's hax rather than a resistance feat for Goku

You do realize that some people could interpret the latter is like some kind of temporary infinite speed; which honestly sounds a lot more stretchy than Time Stop and resistance to it; as Goku being able to semi keep up with an infinite speed person sounds very outlandish. Time Stop resistance just makes more sense. Also, pocket reality destruction is still an ability.

No, what makes more sense is assuming Goku was comparable or much faster than Hit and could keep up with him even while he was Time-Skipping for a very brief intervals, which the anime tells you. Hit is just transporting himself forward in time, which is why Goku could predict his movements.

What does that have to do with anything?

Also, I'm going to be out for a few hours.

Last edited:
Also, pocket reality destruction is still an ability.
Yeah, but it's not time stop resistance. And the only reason Goku even have this resistance is because of him breaking Hit's pocket dimension. The rest is just Goku figuring out where Hit would strike AFTER he skips through time

Yeah, but it's not time stop resistance. And the only reason Goku even have this resistance is because of him breaking Hit's pocket dimension. The rest is just Goku figuring out where Hit would strike AFTER he skips through time
No, Future Trunks Saga/Universe Survival Saga (Pre-Ultra Instinct -Sign-) Goku has "Limited Space-Time Manipulation (Was able to destroy Hit's dimension)" for destroying Hit's pocket dimension.

Universe 6 Saga Goku has "Resistance to Time Stop (Repeatedly resisted Hit's attempts to freeze him in time until Hit powered up further, as a Super Saiyan Blue with Kaio-ken x10 and retains this resistance in stronger forms)" for, I think, this?

SSB Kaio-ken x10 Goku is shown to be able to move during Time-Skip, and even claimed to be "beyond" his Time-Skip. Explicitly moving during the Time-Skip is much different from using Analytical Prediction to counter Time-Skip ahead of time.

I agree, I noticed it wasn't time stop on some vsthread due to the wording but got dismissed by the claims on the profiles.

Except, SSB Kaio-ken x10 Goku is shown to be able to move during Time-Skip, and even claimed to be "beyond" his Time-Skip. Explicitly moving during the Time-Skip is much different from using Analytical Prediction to counter Time-Skip ahead of time.
Note the word choice. Skill and speed. I meant he was way faster, and that his base form also had the ability to counter it by analysing his moves.

Factually, Hit doesn't even stop time, so this is completely irrelevant.

Note the word choice. Skill and speed. I meant he was way faster, and that his base form also had the ability to counter it by analysing his moves.

Factually, Hit doesn't even stop time, so this is completely irrelevant.
This is still a Resistance to some form of Time Manipulation. Time-Skip can skip time, and Goku was able to move during that period of skipped time and attack Hit.

Acausality?

Hit doesn't skip time for everyone, he skips himself. It's not Goku resisting anything, it's just him moving so fast in real time that even Hit's power to essentially teleport himself to where he'd be 2 seconds (I believe the maximum he achieved was 1 or 2) ahead of time just isn't that effective. This is why he completely disappears in everyone's view.

Edit: The maximum was apparently 0.5 seconds. It's probably greater by at least the ToP, though.

Last edited:
No, it's just that Hit's power doesn't last very long. It's more based on his natural speed being fairly impressive. Goku is fast enough to react and counter it, and he isn't incapable of movement.

I don't normally, but I couldn't find an alternative and that clip is similar enough to the Japanese dub, anyway.

Basically, the Japanese version is basically "he's extremely fast, but completely disappears during attacks. It's not invisibility, so it must be time-skip." They actually say he stops everyone else's time for 0.1 seconds, but it might be a mistranslation because A) Vados outright said that's wrong, B) even in this episode, they can still move inside his time-skip, C) it's called time-skip, and D) the Galactic King says they "leap" time.

Edit: It's even implied that Blue Goku used this prediction to defeat Hit in an episode summary.

Description: Vegeta challenges Hit using Super Saiyan Blue but Hit's technique, "Tokitobashi", deals a barrage of hits in his vital points and makes him faint. Son Goku is able to guess how Hit's "Tokitobashi" works and thus, while in Super Saiyan Blue state, he also challenges Hit.

Hit can only skip time for 0.1 seconds. Estimating past those 0.1 seconds, Goku defeated the "Tokitobashi". But, Hit continues to grow (stronger?) while in battle. So, Goku breaks the seal of the Kaiōken and shoots a Kamehame-Ha!

Last edited:
I... don't see the point of this CRT. If Hit started his time skip before Goku moves, then Goku's only reaction to it would have to be during the time skip, or he'd have to move faster. Which are the interpretations with what we're shown. If he doesn't have resistance to time stop and is just faster than time skip, which is instant, that would make him... immeasurable.

The time-skip doesn't stop time and Goku isn't faster than it. The time-skip just lasts for 0.1 to 0.5 seconds.

So, basically, Hits time skip only effects himself as a haxy way of making himself faster?

Because, yeah, Goku shouldn't resist anything then. He's just fast enough for Hit skipping himself forward in time a little bit not to matter.

Time Skip is basically time travel, with Hit being able to move as he likes during said travel. Time isn't stopped, he moves 0.1/0.5 seconds forward in it.

You keep saying that Goku just countered in real time, but you can clearly see here:
  1. Hit uses Time-Skip and Goku is momentarily frozen
  2. Hit charges towards Goku
  3. Goku counters Hit's punch during the Time-Skip and strikes back during the Time-Skip
  4. Goku states he's "far beyond" the Time-Skip and that Hit's Time-Skip is useless
So what, is Goku also skipping time? Can he brute force his way into Hit's Time-Skip dimension?

Do we just give Universe 6 Saga Goku a Limited Time Manipulation for being able to access Hit's Time-Skip and countering him while he's leaping forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back