• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removing Black Hole from Garou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neutral, leaning towards disagreeing tho
It’d be best to give reasons why you’re leaning, as long as it’s not an fra train
“Every citizen shall have right to a fair content revision trial, and a verse supporter will be provided by the state if one cannot be afforded by the defendant”

Disagree with this CRT for all of the reasons posted above.

1. I don't care about your other verse. If you're upset it isn't considered a real black hole in that verse, go make a CRT for THAT VERSE.
2. There isn't any light escaping the black hole. And the "burst" that appears to be shooting out from both sides occurs in real life Gamma Ray Bursts as well. There are no contradictions.

It’d be best to give reasons why you’re leaning, as long as it’s not an fra train
“Every citizen shall have right to a fair content revision trial, and a verse supporter will be provided by the state if one cannot be afforded by the defendant”
Because the counter arguments are convincing but not convincing enough for me to pick a side🗿

Firstly, I want to link a profile that the wiki does not acknowledge as a Black Hole by the Wiki's standards for comparison.
The page mentions why
Notes: Please do not attempt to give Black Hole Black Hole Physiology, as there are several scenes shown (Being near characters that should've been sucked in, his size being kept the same even after being shrunken down, etc) that contradict his physiology.
Garou's black hole does not have that issue.
Secondly, as far as I can see, the justification is that it looks black and round and gives off Radiation.
Its more than that
  • Garou is given cosmic knowledge of the entire universe and all the forces that came within it
  • The third person narration directly stated it was a real black hole
  • It sucks in things along with firing out the Gamma Rays
But light is shown escape the black sphere in those panels,
That's actually not light. Nothing pierces the sphere. What you are seeing are the jets of radiation/mass that a real GRB has due to how the black hole shunts out extra material.

Disagree with the OP.

The manga's representation of a black hole causing a GRB event is an accurate representation of a real-life event. Contents that escape from said black hole is also something that happens in our world. Not even bringing up the fact that the narration took the time to explain what such an event is and further the point that it is real.

Cause Lighting would be sucked in a straight line due to a Black Hole's gravitation, not all over the place as lightning does coming out of something.
Ok first of all it’s just moving a bit sideways it could still be getting sucked in, maybe the black hole is just a bit rough considering how small it is
Secondly, completely inconsistent detail with the panel that follows immediately after, so not even valid
Third, it’s a petty ass detail and is probably just an artistic error

Oh I see

The logic is that Garou’s knowledge should be sufficient enough to create a black hole. Although I don’t have a problem with that logic. Is that really allowed? Maybe…

But what I do know is that Garou has not created a real black hole.

A real black hole does not “suck up” people outside the event horizon. A real black hole does not glow or allow light to escape unless it’s in form of hawkins radiation as clearly shown by the GRB and it should only be the GRB (I can’t remember if hawkins radiation produces light) etc.

i never know our black hole creation rating was strictly for real black holes. Because we have given the rating for far less than what Garou can do as long as it “sucks up stuff”

Ok first of all it’s just moving a bit sideways it could still be getting sucked in, maybe the black hole is just a bit rough considering how small it is
Why is lightning zig zagged?

Lightning is in a zig-zag shape because it follows the path of least resistance. Lightning is created when the buildup in electrical charge is enough to create a channel between the two opposite-charged particles. In the moment when these two charges connect, a bolt of lightning is created.

Gravity from the Black Hole's suction has the most least resistance possible

To be honest, I think that "lightning" is just special effects to make the panel look cooler, as is everything going black. It doesn't really matter here. Not sure why people are putting so much emphasis on it.

I'm pretty sure that's radiation.
Radiation doesn't move so erratically at such (comparatively) small distances.
What about the Lightning then?
Waves like that are generated during a supernova and then reabsorbed by the Black Hole if if they don't get enough distance in time.
A real black hole does not “suck up” people outside the event horizon.
What? The event horizon is the point where light can no longer escape from the Black Hole. It has nothing to do with its limitation of gravity. An Earth sized black hole is only a couple millimeters in diameter iirc and Garou's one is much bigger than that.
does Radiation give off Lightning effects from a Black Hole?
The beams are just the jets. The bubbles in them I couldn't explain other than artistic effect, but they're meant to represent the GRB jets.

Why is this dude still arguing based on the idea that it is lightning when I've said multiple times already how it's not?

Oh I see

The logic is that Garou’s knowledge should be sufficient enough to create a black hole. Although I don’t have a problem with that logic. Is that really allowed? Maybe…

A real black hole does not “suck up” people outside the event horizon. A real black hole does not glow or allow light to escape unless it’s in form of hawkins radiation as clearly shown by the GRB and it should only be the GRB (I can’t remember if hawkins radiation produces light) etc.

i never know our black hole creation rating was strictly for real black holes. Because we have given the rating for far less than what Garou can do as long as it “sucks up stuff”
You do realize that we have observed Black Holes with rings of Light, and that Gamma Ray Bursts are often very luminous phenomenon?

Oh I see

A real black hole does not “suck up” people outside the event horizon. A real black hole does not glow or allow light to escape unless it’s in form of hawkins radiation as clearly shown by the GRB, etc.

I think you’re misunderstanding something
Nobody’s arguing that sucking things up matters here, and the fact that it’s very explicitly made clear by statements is just supporting evidence
really the point of this is that the op’s points aren’t valid, and in the absence of contradictory information then the statement trump over it, the fact that it is nearly 1:1 with what an actual GRB is just icing on the cake, and the fact that all the things claimed to be issues go away in the second panel is just a cherry on top.

Oh I see

A real black hole does not “suck up” people outside the event horizon. A real black hole does not glow or allow light to escape unless it’s in form of hawkins radiation as clearly shown by the GRB, etc.

It's not logic, it's factual. Again, he uses nuclear fission right before the GRB, giving credence to the knowledge of all energy/forces in the universe. Also again, Murata clearly tried his best to let people know it was a legit GRB. You can't dismiss that with lighting which has been debunked by people in this thread anyway as Astrophysical Jet. In the next full panel, it looks exactly like a GRB as well.

I don't understand why this thread is a thing...

To be honest, I think that "lightning" is just special effects to make the panel look cooler, as is everything going black. It doesn't really matter here. Not sure why people are putting so much emphasis on it.
Yes, I dare say it’s akin to that anime effect where 2 people flashing heads and angry at eachother make “lighting” on their heads
it’s quite literally such a tiny and minuscule detail that took barely any time to draw in, that it’s at best just an art inconsistency or special effect.

I'm seeing a lot of ignoring arguments brought up against the OP by the OP and others agreeing, so I disagree. There's a lot of comments that have just been brushed over or points that weren't addressed and were instead countered with a Ctrl+V of a previous argument, which, obviously, I'm not going to support. Address the counterarguments, don't just brush over them and use dogma when people are giving genuine reasons for the things you're claiming break the standards.

Additionally, a lot of the counterarguments used to say the debunks are wrong are either copy pastes or have been countered already.

Actually I wonder if gravity is present outside the event horizon
You see it sucking people, water and air in the two page spread.

If you want a proper explanation here's NASA:
A black hole is an astronomical object with a gravitational pull so strong that nothing, not even light, can escape it. A black hole’s “surface,” called its event horizon, defines the boundary where the velocity needed to escape exceeds the speed of light, which is the speed limit of the cosmos. Matter and radiation fall in, but they can’t get out.

The Black Hole is not glowing nor is there any light that is escaping.

Oh I was thinking about this when I said that

d82d49f4-899a-4764-b9e5-ec045a1b60bf.jpg

Radiation doesn't move so erratically at such (comparatively) small distances.

Waves like that are generated during a supernova and then reabsorbed by the Black Hole if if they don't get enough distance in time.

What? The event horizon is the point where light can no longer escape from the Black Hole. It has nothing to do with its limitation of gravity. An Earth sized black hole is only a couple millimeters in diameter iirc and Garou's one is much bigger than that.

The beams are just the jets. The bubbles in them I couldn't explain other than artistic effect, but they're meant to represent the GRB jets.
Well, fair enough then from me. I made a mistake of letting Kachon's attuduite get the better of me.

Actually I wonder if gravity is present outside the event horizon
There is, while I would question why the planet wasn't further destroyed, its not my issue.

@Qawsedf234 Would you be willing to discuss with @Gilad_Hyperstar later? He might be learning Black Holes and it'd likely be good if you two spent time discussing things. He let me know he went to sleep and this thread doesn't need to continue for much longer.

So , I have been made aware an ability of Garou's slipped in past the Wiki's standards. Black Hole creation.

(I'm aware I'm coming from a Vs Debating thread, but I've been told by OPM supporters there, that if I disagree with Garou's Black Hole creation, make a CRT)

Firstly, I want to link a profile that the wiki does not acknowledge as a Black Hole by the Wiki's standards for comparison.

Secondly, as far as I can see, the justification is that it looks black and round and gives off Radiation.

But Lightning and Light from Radiation is shown escape the black sphere in those panels, which is impossible if it were to be a Black Hole.

"Black holes in fiction are some of the trickiest things to analyze, because it is often difficult to determine if it is a "real" black hole, or just some kind of black hole-ish void. Since black holes in fiction rarely conform to the actual physical properties of their real-life counterparts, this is usually a problem."

As such, removing the Black Hole from Garou's profile.

"This event where a huge amount of energy explodes at near lightspeed contains, shocker, energy escaping from the epicenter"

This is a Black Hole in formation, the same happens in a real life GRB
You're countering nothing.

This is ridiculous, I disagree.

I'm seeing a lot of ignoring arguments brought up against the OP by the OP and others agreeing, so I disagree. There's a lot of comments that have just been brushed over or points that weren't addressed and were instead countered with a Ctrl+V of a previous argument, which, obviously, I'm not going to support. Address the counterarguments, don't just brush over them and use dogma when people are giving genuine reasons for the things you're claiming break the standards.

Additionally, a lot of the counterarguments used to say the debunks are wrong are either copy pastes or have been countered already.
here’s an argument buddy
1. A still image where there’s no clear movement is not evidence of light escaping when it can just as easily be argued as light entering, it’s physically impossible to know just based off this one panel alone
2. The light there is quite literally how gamma ray burst look like in real life. If you’ve gotta problem with it then talk to Albert Einstein or something.
3. The “lighting” isn’t even there in the short from farther away, which would be more accurate to a bystander view to begin with.
And bonus
4. Statements of it being a gamma ray burst, it being black, it looking like a hole, and because I said so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back