• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removing Black Hole from Garou

Status
Not open for further replies.
The narrator stated that it's a real GRB, and Garou recreated it.
And the creators of Battle for Dream Island says this is a Black Hole

But the Wiki's standards don't accept them.

Bringing in another verse/profile is not an argument. As a Content Moderator, I expected you to know this.

Who cares

that was deconfirmed due to a surplus of evidence otherwise, but in this situation the light escaping has more than one explanation
for example, the manga panel is a still image and we don't know what direction the light was going and it's more likely just the light entering rather than escaping it, making it vague at the very best, but it's still not enough to properly contradict the direct statements that would make it a proper black hole
Bringing in another verse/profile is not an argument. As a Content Moderator, I expected you to know this.
meh it's fair game, they were just trying to prove a point about the wiki standards
I disagree with the thread but let them make their arguments

The wiki we are on.
using a character from a completely different verse that has no correlation to OPM is not a good idea. Besides the fact that, as I explained, the black hole doesn't even have to be real for the ability to be added to a profile, as you can see from the examples on the Black Hole Creation page itself. Hell, there are even 8-B characters with this ability

using a character from a completely different verse that has no correlation to OPM is not a good idea.
Both verses follows the same standards. One is not more special than the other. Theres no [Black Hole Exceptions]

that was deconfirmed due to a surplus of evidence otherwise, but in this situation the light escaping has more than one explanation
for example, the manga panel is a still image and we don't know what direction the light was going and it's more likely just the light entering rather than escaping it, making it vague at the very best, but it's still not enough to properly contradict the direct statements that would make it a proper black hole
If the Light was escaping, then it doesn't follow the standard of the properties of a black hole. If light was entering from that far away, the people on the ground should be sucked in just as fast as the light.

using a character from a completely different verse that has no correlation to OPM is not a good idea. Besides the fact that, as I explained, the black hole doesn't even have to be real for the ability to be added to a profile, as you can see from the examples on the Black Hole Creation page itself. Hell, there are even 8-B characters with this ability
again I think it's fair game to use other verses to show how the wiki treats them
but regardless 2 wrongs don't make a right so it's best to not use the argument of other fake black holes on profiles being overlooked
that being said I think that we should just stick to the facts, and the facts show that garou's black hole is real

The Black Hole was in the center of a Gamma Ray Burst. Gamma Ray Bursts emit light. Whatever light your seeing if there is anything was simply the light created from the Gamma Ray Burst lol, the Black Hole was not producing light.

We can't see light inside the event horizon period. In fact, for an outside observer, no one can see anything crossing the event horizon, so seeing light crossing the event horizon in any direction disproves the notion of it being a real Black Hole

And no one even bothered to explain how the Earth itself doesn't get immediately sucked into the Black Hole, despite a Black Hole with this size weighing probably hundreds of times the Earth's mass

Even a Black Hole the width of a penny will suck the planet and break it in seconds

Besides the fact that, as I explained, the black hole doesn't even have to be real for the ability to be added to a profile, as you can see from the examples on the Black Hole Creation page itself. Hell, there are even 8-B characters with this ability
If it isn't an actual Black Hole, the 5-A calc would be invalid, wouldn't it?

The Black Hole was in the center of a Gamma Ray Burst. Gamma Ray Bursts emit light. Whatever light your seeing if there is anything was simply the light created from the Gamma Ray Burst lol, the Black Hole was not producing light.
Doesn't matter. We see light crossing the event horizon, something that for an outside viewer it is impossible to see

Not to mention in a real Black Hole light CANNOT ESCAPE from the event horizon, but it clearly does here

The GRB is way too small to be an actual High 4-C GRB. Real High 4-C GRBs are literally bigger than the Earth, by a lot in fact

The GRB is way too small to be an actual High 4-C GRB. Real High 4-C GRBs are literally bigger than the Earth, by a lot in fact
Yeah, that's why it's a likely. Because it is a Gamma Ray Burst, there is no denying that, it is objectively a real Gamma Ray Burst, but simply smaller and more contained, which is why it is not a concrete rating.

Jets, aka, GAMMA RAY BURSTS, are created and can emit light from Black Holes.
That's true. But you know what is not true? Light escaping from an event horizon of a real Black Hole

Even if you say " well the light just enters from the outside", that is still false because Gravitational Time Dilation prevents anyone outside the black hole from seeing stuff crossing the event horizon

No matter what it falls flat

That's true. But you know what is not true? Light escaping from an event horizon of a real Black Hole

Even if you say " well the light just enters from the outside", that is still false because Gravitational Time Dilation prevents anyone outside the black hole from seeing stuff crossing the event horizon

No matter what it falls flat

Read.

If the Light was escaping, then it doesn't follow the standard of the properties of a black hole. If light was entering from that far away, the people on the ground should be sucked in just as fast as the light.
the black hole came from his fist, not from a star
it's much more likely that it was just a miniscule black hole to begin with, which is also why it disappeared so quickly
We can't see light inside the event horizon period. In fact, for an outside observer, no one can see anything crossing the event horizon, so seeing light crossing the event horizon in any direction disproves the notion of it being a real Black Hole

And no one even bothered to explain how the Earth itself doesn't get immediately sucked into the Black Hole, despite a Black Hole with this size weighing probably hundreds of times the Earth's mass

Even a Black Hole the width of a penny will suck the planet and break it in seconds
as noted above, the black hole was likely just tiny for multiple reasons
Garou even while being influenced by God actively didn't want to do anything that'd get Tareo killed, and it's made clear that the only reason he died anyways was cause Garou was negligent about the dangers of the radiation
it would also explain away why the black hole didn't suck up that much light, since it wasn't powerful to begin with.
the only evidence that it wasn't really a black hole is the light escaping, which like I said can be easily explained as the light isn't even escaping nor is it implied to be. In fact even it being an art error is far more likely than something silly like light escaping, which everybody involved in the creation of the manga should know, light being unable to escape black holes is elementary knowledge
there's hard statements that guarantee that it is indeed a black hole, on top of a history with of the writer knowing the mechanics of black holes, and the evidence in the OP isn't valid to begin with
still disagree

Yeah, that's why it's a likely. Because it is a Gamma Ray Burst, there is no denying that, it is objectively a real Gamma Ray Burst, but simply smaller and more contained, which is why it is not a concrete rating.
The AP would be way smaller for a GRB this size. It would certainly not be High 4-C since that's for GRBs way bigger than the Earth, which this one is barely few meters wide at most

Light isn't escaping, I don't know where you see that. That black circle is the black hole's event horizon. Nothing is coming out of the event horizon.

This is what a gamma ray burst looks like (Artist representation obviously). Does it look any different from Garou's Gamma Ray Burst? Excluding the size of course.

Those two beams being fired is literally what happens during a gamma ray burst. Everything that isn't those beams is being drawn into the Black hole.

Those beams aren't coming out of the event horizon. The reason the wiki used High 4-C is because the narrator compared it to a real GRB.

Note: I actually still don't believe it should be considered a real black hole. But that is all I'll say on this matter.

The AP would be way smaller for a GRB this size. It would certainly not be High 4-C since that's for GRBs way bigger than the Earth, which this one is barely few meters wide at most
well that's something the calc group members can deal with
a small black hole is not comparable to a fake black hole, it's just not

Light isn't escaping, I don't know where you see that. That black circle is the black hole's event horizon. Nothing is coming out of the event horizon.

This is what a gamma ray burst looks like (Artist representation obviously). Does it look any different from Garou's Gamma Ray Burst? Excluding the size of course.

Those two beams being fired is literally what happens during a gamma ray burst. Everything that isn't those beams is being drawn into the Black hole.

Those beams aren't coming out of the event horizon. The reason the wiki used High 4-C is because the narrator compared it to a real GRB.

Note: I actually still don't actually believe it should be considered a real black hole. But that is all I'll say on this matter.
I'd like to hear your ideas on why it shouldn't be a real black hole, actually

Read my comments and you explain why we see light within the Black part when it should be impossible in an actual Blach Hole even if the GRB fired light right at the horizon
I am literally giving you sources which state that this is clearly not always the case and you continue to ignore them.

I see that with the white things from within the black circle, which is the event horizon. Also, light should be bended around the Black Hole, which it doesn't

What light. Circle or point to it, because I'm not seeing it.

Light being around the Black Hole during a Gamma Ray Burst is not absurd at all.

Isn’t that an artistic representations of black holes? Light bends around it tho because space bends to create that illusion. but light escaping the event horizon shouldn’t be a thing.

Anyway I have no idea what the black hole justifications are.. is it that it’s a black hole because of a black sphere and gamma ray bursts emitting from it? Sucking up explosions like blast’s portal?

We have given black hole rating for less things but from the beginning of the thread to this message I tagged it seems like the arguments is centered around wether it is a realistic black hole or not. It obviously isn’t but I don’t mind Garou having the rating for sucking up explosions or BFR or something that it has been shown to do.

Isn’t that an artistic representations of black holes? Light bends around it tho because space bends to create that illusion. but light escaping the event horizon shouldn’t be a thing.

Anyway I have no idea what the black hole justifications are.. is it that it’s a black hole because of a black sphere and gamma ray bursts emitting from it? Sucking up explosions like blast’s portal?

We have given black hole rating for less things but from the beginning of the thread to this message I tagged it seems like the arguments is centered around wether it is a realistic black hole or not. It obviously isn’t but I don’t mind Garou having the rating for sucking up explosions or BFR or something that it has been shown to do.
The justification is cause it’s a gamma ray burst, and because Garou’s capable of perfectly replicating one as far as his cosmic awareness mimicry is concerned

Garou is stated to have gained the knowledge of the flow of all energy and behaviors of all forces in the universe. Not only that, but he's stated to be able to recreate them. The narrator stated that it's a real GRB, and Garou recreated it. There is no reason is hell that this should be removed.

Garou and the narrator can say anything they want but both of them doesn't have the power to rewrite the standards of the Wiki

It's not. We see from the people's perspective, there is none of that.
Glad you brought this up, often the “cameraman” in anime and stuff tends to get impossible angles, from cinematic timing and people being able to talk to eachother while going trillions beyond sound speed and being in space
if the only counter argument justification of it being a black is because of light (which isn’t really shown escaping to begin with), and even that detail is inconsistent with the very next shot, then the argument seems to fall flat, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back