• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boyo. Copyright Protection protects the characters that this guy is stealing and using in his own work. By using characters from other companies without their express permission he is violating copyright protections.
Except, where it is published it is not violating anything, and no hypotheticals change that.
Besides the copyright infringement stuff and whether or not it's a fanfic, there's an elephant in the room that nobody else in the thread seems to have mentioned. Back in the previous thread, @Regidian mentioned that one of the characters becomes TOAA at the end of a novel.

Though he was both wrong and right. I've read the final chapters of Non-Human Integrated Gene Physique, and Lan Mu doesn't become TOAA at the end.

However- another novel that's connected to the verse, Brain Hole Explosion (or just Brain Explosion), has one of its characters straight up become The One Above All. The blog that was made by @ActuallySpaceMan42 himself states this outright (You should read the rest of this blog by the way, it's possibly the most powerscale-y sounding profile of all time).

So, not only is this verse breaking multiple wiki standards, including it being a massive fanfic that breaks multiple copyright laws, but it also has one of its characters become the strongest character from a completely different IP in an attempt to beat the author and the other characters.
Yes, it's supposed to be that way, it was written in verse, by a bad author. It's a pardoy.

Just been hearing "Well, it would be illegal if it was here in the US, maybe, but you know, it's not, but IT WOULD BE, possibly, and that's what matters."

Anyway, It still hasn't broken any standards or laws.
I mean, you can keep claiming this all you like but until the author has express licensing from Toei, Marvel, ONE, Perriot, and every other company they are using characters from to use their characters in his novels, it breaks the wiki's "sufficient amount of another piece of fiction's copyrighted material without official permission" rule. theres not really any way you can argue he hasnt.

Isn't it hosted on a Chinese website that has its servers housed in China? How the **** would the US force them to take it down if they can't eliminate all the other counterfeits coming out of the region? 💀
It is a Chinese website, but I suggest that we should not engage in the original region of the website too much as "everything there is political" as far as I know. Rather, we should better stick on the specific proposal.

My opinion is that the VS Battles Wiki does not host pure fan fictions, which are for FC/OC Wiki. Therefore, I feel that it is better to argue if it pure fan fictions ("copyright infringement" works are included as well because the debate regarding the fan fiction and copyright infringement is a controversial topic), and I feel that the current discussion may miss this point. In a word, if it is a pure fan fiction, exclude it.

Update:
Do not add any original or fan-made characters to the wiki. If you wish to create any original/fan-made character profiles, feel free to do so in the FC/OC wiki. "Original" here refers to relatively obscure characters from self-contained stories created by members and their friends, whereas "fan-made" refers to ones appearing within fanfiction or works containing a sufficient amount of another piece of fiction's copyrighted material without official permission.
From Editing Rules.

I mean, you can keep claiming this all you like but until the author has express licensing from Toei, Marvel, ONE, Perriot, and every other company they are using characters from to use their characters in his novels, it breaks the wiki's "sufficient amount of another piece of fiction's copyrighted material without official permission" rule.
10% is not a sufficient amount.

The real issue is that the rules of versus battle are not specific. It doesn't say the verse cant have another fiction material but instead says too much of it can't be present. In this case, Non-Humans setting, story, nor world is about another fictions material.

Pretty sure within our own site rules, B&W counts as fanfiction considering it's using the 1:1 likeness of preexisting characters within its story without reference or parody.

Based on that alone it shouldn't be allowed.

Summarized;

The Series itself is serialized, licensed & published, not only in China but in the US. It is not listed as fanfiction on any official sites, nor by its published and licensed company. It has been stated to be published under CC (Creative Commons) 3.0 as well. I find this to be sufficient considering all these IPs would also have their own copyrights in China and the series has still not been taken down after 5 Years, especially since it is legally being sold.

Neither the story, main characters, nor the world is based on the settings of any copyrighted material, at most there has been the appearance of characters from other franchises, or uses of their concepts. They are unrelated to any tiering the verse uses and are unrelated to its cosmology. I would say more than 800 Chapters of the novel are focused on its own canon stuff, with the references and appearances mostly being for fun and random fights.

If it is removed, then that should be limited to the 1st Novel, and the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th should be fine.

Pretty sure within our own site rules, B&W counts as fanfiction considering it's using the 1:1 likeness of preexisting characters within its story without reference or parody.

Based on that alone it shouldn't be allowed.
Strongly agreed.

And in addition, although it is likely not relevant for an evaluation regarding whether or not this verse should be removed, it seems absolutely vile on a moral level.

To quote myself from elsewhere:

"From what I have seen so far, I personally find the entire author mindset behind Xianxia cultivation stories psychopathic, absolutely power-mad, cruel, malevolent, amoral, egomaniacal, divisive, tyrannical, social Darwinian, clichéd/formulaic/unimaginative, ruthlessly self-righteous, ultimately nihilistic, and otherwise morally repugnant. I have no interest in spending excessive amounts of time helping out with acting as a marketing tool for any more of them.

Basically, I am not at all a fan of completely irresponsible and callous power-tripping for the sake of cruel egomania and subjugation."

Having a character called "Saitama" and having them look and act exactly the same as the original with little to no deviation and taking it at 100% face value is considered intellectual property theft.

Even if that skirts real world laws, it just doesn't fly under our own site's standards. You're not breaking American laws, you're breaking VSBW laws.

Having a character called "Saitama" and having them look and act exactly the same as the original with little to no deviation and taking it at 100% face value is considered intellectual property theft.

Even if that skirts real world laws, it just doesn't fly under our own site's standards. You're not breaking American laws, you're breaking VSBW laws.
something something '12 chapters of the character fighting Saitama while using powers from other franchises'

Also, strongly agreed.

That's fine, the removal should still be limited to the 1st Novel.

The entire work is affected by wanton massive intellectual property theft and plagiarism. Not just the specific sentences in which these characters appeared.
The 1st Novel has the issues mentioned above, the 2nd, 3rd & 4th Novels do not. There is nothing in their content that violates any rules.

That's fine, the removal should still be limited to the 1st Novel.
I think the better option would be to remove whole thing and then make a separate case for the other 3 although that's not looking too bright either due to this.
Besides the copyright infringement stuff and whether or not it's a fanfic, there's an elephant in the room that nobody else in the thread seems to have mentioned. Back in the previous thread, @Regidian mentioned that one of the characters becomes TOAA at the end of a novel.

Though he was both wrong and right. I've read the final chapters of Non-Human Integrated Gene Physique, and Lan Mu doesn't become TOAA at the end.

However- another novel that's connected to the verse, Brain Hole Explosion (or just Brain Explosion), has one of its characters straight up become The One Above All. The blog that was made by @ActuallySpaceMan42 himself states this outright (You should read the rest of this blog by the way, it's possibly the most powerscale-y sounding profile of all time).

So, not only is this verse breaking multiple wiki standards, including it being a massive fanfic that breaks multiple copyright laws, but it also has one of its characters become the strongest character from a completely different IP in an attempt to beat the author and the other characters.
Not up to me though.

The 1st Novel has the issues mentioned above, the 2nd, 3rd & 4th Novels do not. There is nothing in their content that violates any rules.
They are still affected by the groundwork laid out earlier, so that doesn't matter in the slightest. The official staff decision here is to get rid of this verse, no matter how you try to rationalise keeping it.

They are still affected by the groundwork laid out earlier, so that doesn't matter in the slightest. The official staff decision here is to get rid of this verse.
Except their not, the novels are all separate stories, they're not affected in the slightest. At best they meet up and finish stories near the end.

Again, you are trying to obfuscate the context.

Last edited:
Just saved everything, you can send it off.
6a1d26f74c7f0ddba935779442d62cd7.png

I believe a special case should be made (they don't allow tier 1's and above) especially with how all the tiering was accepted here.
Maybe contacting with FC/OC Wiki staffs is a choice, though management in FC/OC Wiki is not as efficient as management in VS Battles Wiki.
That seems reasonable, yes.
Maybe it is better for us to give some time to archive the profiles. (Maybe we could use some script to automatically archive pages in Internet Archive or something?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back