• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removal of Bloodlust from many profiles

Jinsye

She/Her
Alright so

Bloodlust is linked on many profiles as an ability characters have.

The problem!

Bloodlust is not a ******* power, nor it is an ability

It is not a power one has such as Superhuman Physical Characteristics, and it is not an ability one has such as Genius Intelligence. Bloodlust, as I understand it on the wiki, is a term that removes inhibitions such as personality from the page so they can fight at their full potential.

This cannot be applied to a character as a power or ability, as it is a term used to describe a set state of mind for a versus thread.

And if you go "but some characters are naturally bloodlusted!". No, that's apart of their personality, not a power/ability. We don't list "Depression" on some profiles because their state of mind is depressed, so having their state of mind be bloodlusted isn't a power either.

I see what you mean. Should they just be changed to Rage Power on the profiles instead then?

Rage Power and Bloodlust are different.

Rage Power is getting stronger from being angry (an actual power) while Bloodlust is being willing to kill no matter what (a personality trait)

I know what you mean, but what I'm saying is that I think people have put bloodlust instead of using the correct term i.e rage power/berserk mode. Whatever is the correct term.

I'd be willing to help out where I can.

Thank you. Feel free to ask some of our content moderators to take a look at this thread.

I assume there are no objections to removal?

I think that it can be removed, yes.

Has anybody asked the content moderators yet?

I've just asked a couple of Content Mods. I don't mind looking through a few pages myself to remove the mistake or help in some capacity.

Okay. Not in the powers & abilities section then?

@IonIosite

Okay. That should be fine then.

@Shadow

Thank you for helping out.

Remove it from the powers and abilities section and put it in the Notable Attacks and Techniques section.

Not everything is a power

should I add "Kid buu is naturally bloodlusted" then in a "Standard tactics" section for Majin Buu?

Yeah moving a mention of the bloodlust to Standard Tactics seems like a good idea.

Thank you for helping out. It is appreciated.

Alright, I've gone through and moved bloodlust from the abilities section and placed them into standard tactics for pages that apply.

For some pages, Bloodlust was used more as a description for what would happen if a character went Berserk Mode or something and wasn't actually listed as a power or ability so i found those ones ok to leave as is. I can change them still, however

Okay. Thank you for helping out. I think that should be fine.

Back