• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This thread is for the removal of Attack Reflection and the implantation of Energy Projection on Haki

The removal of Attack Reflection is based upon the fact that it was never said that Haki can reflect attacks in story and out of story and so we can not accept simply because of headcanons of scans

Now the implantation of Energy Projection is much more based since it's literally said in story that is the act of projecting your Haki outwards your body and all of circumstances of Attack Reflection can be said as Haki being projected out to attack

I didn't found the thread so i can't find the evidence

Also just assuming something because it looks like it it's just headcanon

Accusing other people of "pure headcanon" to try and shut down discussion is infuriating.

Please come up with better responses than that.

In case you haven't noticed, indexing sites like this are built on headcanon. It is not canon that a character's energy attack produces X amount of Gigatons of energy, but we calc that based on assumptions, making the majority of this site just "headcanons".

Look here

One fight in which a attack doesn't work and suddenly it's attack reflection when it could be just something bouncy colliding with something solid like a invisible armor

You know

Kinda like a rubber leg being thrown off by a invisible armor of vital force

Also it's never said to be Attack Reflection in and out of story and energy projection is directly stated to be on it

Um we can add abilities without them being stated. Where have u been??

If it's shown it doesn't need to be stated. We give Jin Mori the ability to breath in space even tho it was never stated

I can accept that it is possible it isn't really attack reflection. After all when the Three Admirals blocked Whitebeard's Earthquake with Haki, the vibrations weren't reflected back towards Whitebeard.

That instance was more Forcefield Creation than anything.

Saying that my argument are headcanon while your argument that Haki is energy has the same problem. Where has been stated that Haki is energy

"In simple terms, Haki is an ability to sense and predict spiritual ENERGY (Kenbunshoku), use LIFE-FORCE as physical reinforcement (Busoshoku), and, for the rare "chosen ones", overpower enemies' willpower with your own (Haoshoku)."

Question

Why the hell does it need to be classified as energy when energy projection is litellary projecting a attack outwards without moving from the spot?

Because Aura can cover that part.

There's no confirmation about Haki being energy that I'm aware of.

NO, NO LIKE THE KAMEHAMEHA! THE KAMEHAME HA DOESN'T BLOW THINGS FROM INSIDE OUT!!

Jokes aside, no, they ain't projecting energy. They are projecting their Aura.

Energy can be portrayed as Aura, but Aura isn't necessarily made of energy.

Okay.It's Aura i got that

What i don't get is why we think Haki can reflect attacks just because some panels show things get deflected when it could be the aura hitting those things and changing their trajectory

It's because of that. I already explained it to you that Attack Reflection doesn't need to be like Kuma's paws or some Pokémon move like Counter and Mirror Coat. Just deflecting things without exerting force via some ability is enough to warrant the power even if it's not applicable in the most common way.

It doesn't need to.

So if there's something else you want to discuss or should I close this thread?

Back