• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Released Boros Speed Downgrade

Yes it is calc stacking.

Same concept as using one character's speed feat to get a super high speed for a different character blitzing them. Only instead it's using one object's durability to get a super high AP for a different character breaking it.
I find that to be strange when the opposite is perfectly accepted. For instance Darkshine used to scale to 7-A via damaging the HA HQ, but that was downgraded to using a calc that finds how much he destroyed of the HQ compared to what the building took from Boros' ships barrage rather than just scaling him to damaging the building which took a 7-A blast. I just think that's strange.

OT I agree with the downgrade.

I find that to be strange when the opposite is perfectly accepted. For instance Darkshine used to scale to 7-A via damaging the HA HQ, but that was downgraded to using a calc that finds how much he destroyed of the HQ compared to what the building took from Boros' ships barrage rather than just scaling him to damaging the building which took a 7-A blast. I just think that's strange.
1. The Hero HQ's durability is Low 7-B, and
2. No he doesn't? He's At least Low 7-B via an extremely long scaling-chain above Genos's Jet Drive Arrow, or above Jet Psykos's beams- nowhere is damaging the Hero HQ anywhere on his profile.

1. The Hero HQ's durability is Low 7-B, and
2. No he doesn't? He's At least Low 7-B via an extremely long scaling-chain above Genos's Jet Drive Arrow, or above Jet Psykos's beams- nowhere is damaging the Hero HQ anywhere on his profile.
1. I'm pretty sure it was 7-A?
2. You're missing the point. Darkshine damaging the building became 7-C. Said feat is so low that it wasn't worth mentioning on the profile, because he already has higher scaling.

It got either edited or replaced with a different calc
2. You're missing the point. Darkshine damaging the building became 7-C. Said feat is so low that it wasn't worth mentioning on the profile, because he already has higher scaling.
Nowhere on the HQ Durability blog shows that calc for Darkshine- although it does show them doing something similar for Metal Knight's drone durability, but that's not on Metal Knight's profile because he has scaling that puts him above it, and also because that's calc stacking, and thus not allowed.

This is also a good time to point out that the low 7-B HA HQ durability calc assumes that A-City would be destroyed by a 6-C blast when the more up to date calcs are like High 6-C or Low 6-B at least from the ones on the verse page. So idk if you could get better results on Darkshine damaging the building, but it might be worth it to update the calc.

Nope. My calculation used the energy from Saitama's Moon Jump, and the amount of material he destroyed to find its fragmentation value in j/cc, and then calculated from there.
I mean it sounds like calculation stacking. Like, we have no definitive stated value for Saitama's moon jump (obviously), meaning that's calced. Then, you're using that calc to get another value.

Also, has this thread gotten off-topic a bit?

Shouldn't this just be about the speed calc? Why are there AP values being tossed around?

It is. Have you read the calc stacking page?
Have you? I have, and we don't actually have it in our rules. Our rule only reject the logic of "Person A made a 30 mm dent, and Person B made a 10 mm dent, so Person A must be 3x more powerful". Finding the j/cc value of a fictional material is not against the guidelines.
I mean it sounds like calculation stacking. Like, we have no definitive stated value for Saitama's moon jump (obviously), meaning that's calced. Then, you're using that calc to get another value.
We use the calculated size of fictional planets in our calcs, look at One Piece.

Have you? I have, and we don't actually have it in our rules. Our rule only reject the logic of "Person A made a 30 mm dent, and Person B made a 10 mm dent, so Person A must be 3x more powerful". Finding the j/cc value of a fictional material is not against the guidelines.
You said "Calc stacking should be allowed in some scenarios" and I pointed it out that it was allowed in some scenarios. The scenarios are listed on the page.

"It doesn't say this specific example is against the rules in the blog, therefore it's not against the rules."
We use the calculated size of fictional planets in our calcs, look at One Piece.
Size is fine for calc stacking, because while artists don't care about the tensile strength of their own characters' flesh compared to the impacts on other materials, or their specific speeds based on how they performed against the speed of lightning, they do (usually) make an effort to have semi-consistent proportions between characters and their environment.

"It doesn't say this specific example is against the rules in the blog, therefore it's not against the rules."
Yeah. If it's not in the rules, we can't say it is... that's how rules work.
Size is fine for calc stacking, because while artists don't care about the tensile strength of their own characters' flesh compared to the impacts on other materials, or their specific speeds based on how they performed against the speed of lightning, they do (usually) make an effort to have semi-consistent proportions between characters and their environment.
And in this case, there are 0 antifeats that would make the metal inconsistent. The only other character to damage it is Tatsumaki, who is already Moon level.

Yeah. If it's not in the rules, we can't say it is... that's how rules work.
The general statement on calc stacking states that it should be disregarded almost always- the list of examples given for when to reject it was not comprehensive. And there already is an example regarding material durability stacking-
  • Character A has a certain attack potency through a calculation. They made a 1mm dent in character B's shield composed of a fictional material. But character C destroyed the whole 30mm thick shield, so character C is thirty times as strong as character A.
-which is just the eyeballed-calc version of "divide Character A's AP by the volume of the dent and then multiply that destruction value by the volume of the shield to get Character C's AP."
And in this case, there are 0 antifeats that would make the metal inconsistent. The only other character to damage it is Tatsumaki, who is already Moon level.
Actually she's back to being >5 Exatons now

Actually she's back to being >5 Exatons now
wtf?
-which is just the eyeballed-calc version of "divide Character A's AP by the volume of the dent and then multiply that destruction value by the volume of the shield to get Character C's AP."
Because in the example, they take the calculated AP of character A from a different feat and apply that to the metal. In this case, the frag value of the metal is found from the energy of the feat that destroyed it.

wtf?

Because in the example, they take the calculated AP of character A from a different feat and apply that to the metal. In this case, the frag value of the metal is found from the energy of the feat that destroyed it.
...Alright, well that's...

...Technically the Moon jump... The impacts aren't gonna be equal... Atmospheric drag...

But the difference is prolly negligible considering...

Hm. Hmmmmmm.

Okay... that logic by itself is fair, I'll conceed that much.

But I still don't like how that leads to things like Released Boros being Moon level, or how Released Boros's charged attack, and then his hit with Meteoric Burst could prolly reach Planet level when the CSRC is Multi-Continent level. (Because people are 100% gonna make those calcs if Boros's ship material's fragging value is actually accepted as usable)

I'd also say that the ship material itself didn't take the full impact of Saitama's Moon jump considering that the ship itself started tilting, but I don't remember if that calc's energy was significant compared to the Moon jump.

considering that the ship itself started tilting
Of course the ship would start tilting because Saitama's impact had a giant downward force on it. Doesn't mean it won't scale, because the impact hardly did much actual damage to the spaceship

Last edited:
Of course the ship would start tilting because Saitama's impact had a giant downward force on it. Doesn't mean it won't scale, because the impact hardly didn't do much actual damage to the spaceship
I mean that in the same vein has how being hit by a car and sent flying means the victim doesn't scale to the KE of the car, versus being hit by a car right into a wall where they'd be taking 100% of the impact.

I mean that in the same vein has how being hit by a car and sent flying means the victim doesn't scale to the KE of the car, versus being hit by a car right into a wall where they'd be taking 100% of the impact.
We already decided that scaling the spaceship's durability to the moon crater was the better option, so eh

Back