• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reinhard vs Regulus Corneas? + couple of other questions about Reinhard (Re:Zero)

just a question, since the author of re zero has the tendency to wank reinhard's power in the verse as "the strongest" time and time again, couldnt he then actually beat Regulus? Like, could you argue legitimately that he has an ability or something that'd allow him to bypass regulus's haxes and kill him? couldnt he like gain a divine protection or something like that in order to deal with dudes like regulus? just curious. in Reid's profile, its said he can behead regulus, so shouldnt Reinhard at the very least scale, if not, upscale, due to him being the strongest, etc?

Now for other questions: Are other IFs scalable to the main canon? If so, would this one be true? (not from me btw)
"From PrideIF, we see that while it is impossible to physically kill Reinhard in a way that ensures he remains dead, it is possible to mentally and emotionally 'kill' him."

^ this dude is trying to argue that, if he is "broken" mentally, he wouldnt want to be "brought back to life" by Od Laguna and would "fight" against the divine protection phoenix revival from being brought back to life. (Idk where this dude even got to that conclusion tho.) is it true anyways? Can he be like, unwilling and "fight" back in being brought back to life?
(ok, im finished. thats all of my questions)

Strongest doesn't necessarily mean he can counter every hax though? He is physically the strongest sure, but brute force doesn't solve every issue, Regulus and even Reinhard himself notes that all he can do is swing a sword, this is a oversimplification, but the idea there was that while Reinhard was stronger than Regulus he couldn't counter Regulus hax without Subaru's help.

Regulus and Satella are the 2 people who have been repeatedly stated that Reinhard can't beat, only stalemate. Now the Dragon Sword could have some hax which could bypass Regulus's authority, but Reinhard can't draw it against Regulus, so even if it did Reinhard can't use it, and thus the stalemate.

And no Reinhard doesn't scale to Reid, cause as i said the author said Reinhard can't beat Regulus, while he said Reid could, Reid has been shown to cut concepts, while Reinhard has not, this makes sense. Reinhard's haxes seem to be mostly defensive, while Reid is all about offense

Idk where Reinhard refusing to be brought back to life even comes from, that didn't happen in the If's, and Reinhard honestly seems like a tortured soul, regardless of his intentions it seems like Od Laguna won't let him die.

Strongest doesn't necessarily mean he can counter every hax though? He is physically the strongest sure, but brute force doesn't solve every issue, Regulus and even Reinhard himself notes that all he can do is swing a sword, this is a oversimplification, but the idea there was that while Reinhard was stronger than Regulus he couldn't counter Regulus hax without Subaru's help.

Regulus and Satella are the 2 people who have been repeatedly stated that Reinhard can't beat, only stalemate. Now the Dragon Sword could have some hax which could bypass Regulus's authority, but Reinhard can't draw it against Regulus, so even if it did Reinhard can't use it, and thus the stalemate.

And no Reinhard doesn't scale to Reid, cause as i said the author said Reinhard can't beat Regulus, while he said Reid could, Reid has been shown to cut concepts, while Reinhard has not, this makes sense. Reinhard's haxes seem to be mostly defensive, while Reid is all about offense

Idk where Reinhard refusing to be brought back to life even comes from, that didn't happen in the If's, and Reinhard honestly seems like a tortured soul, regardless of his intentions it seems like Od Laguna won't let him die.
1. I see.

2. hmm, I thought that he scaled to Reid tbh, or so I heard. But isnt his "cutting concepts" related to his skill with sword or something? Or is it just an hax unrelated to his skill? Some people, like some Fate characters iirc, can do some cutting space and shit (or something like that) simply via being skilled, so I wonder if thats the same for Reid or not.

3. Me neither 🤷‍♂️ But good to know that he would be brought back no matter what. Anyways.. So uh, is the other IFs scalable to the canon? Like, does everything everybody do in the other IFS, mean that its also true in the main canon? (Say somebody performed a feat in a IF. Or some random statement that scales some random character)?

Reid and Reinhard are in the same tier of strength, but they are different, Reid needed help to put down Satella, while Reinhard can stalemate her, this is mentioned to be matter of affinities, just another way of saying how characters abilities interact with each other. Reid's concept cutting is just a thing he can do, its the pinnacle of swordsmanship, cutting whatever you want, Reinhard hasn't shown this yet, and if he could really cut concepts, he wouldn't have struggled with Regulus, clearly Reid and Reinhard are good at different things.

Currently we treat them as scaling, basically alternative canon, the greed if for example has been adapted in to LN format and was even expanded upon, hinting at some deep mysteries and what not.

Back